Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Worst. Release. Ever.

Page: 1 of 2
 ThunderPeel2001
07-07-2009, 5:35 PM
Ok, so obviously something has gone tits-up at TellTale. These things happen and they're surely doing their best to fix things ASAP. I'm positive they're working as hard as they possibly can to give us TMI... Unfortunately it's already 9.30pm here on the UK. In Germany, that adventure game/Monkey Island loving country, it's 10.30pm. In Australia it's already the 8th!

People will be sitting at their computers waiting because it could be due ANY SECOND...

I understand there's been a problem. I understand it can't magically be fixed. I really don't mind... I can wait!

If it should happen in the next hour, fine. It's not going to fixed for another five, then I'll go and do something else...

BUT PLEASE LET US KNOW THE ETA!

(Very poorly handled, TT :()
 MusiclyInspired
07-07-2009, 5:40 PM
I think you're getting too excited.
 El Pollo Diablo
07-07-2009, 5:42 PM
It'll be out when its out. I suppose.
 ThunderPeel2001
07-07-2009, 5:43 PM
Frustrated. I've been sat here, specifically waiting for TMI, for 1 hour and 15 mins... I'm positive that others have been waiting a lot longer. If it's not going to arrive because of technical difficulties soon, then I'll happily go do something else.. They should just let us know!
 El Pollo Diablo
07-07-2009, 5:45 PM
There no doubtidly busy working on the release. I can quite happily accept no contact whilst they're all busy.
 MusiclyInspired
07-07-2009, 5:46 PM
I've been waiting much longer. I don't really mind. I'll be happy once it's finally out. I'd rather they devote their time fixing whatever problems they may have then wasting time trying to explain it to all of us. I'd rather have their next news/blog update be "The game is out!"
 Nickelstein
07-07-2009, 5:47 PM
I wish the game was out though. Sucks that we got to wait longer after waiting for 11 years for another MI game.
 Scapetti
07-07-2009, 5:47 PM
There's been a problem? That's news to me :S
 SkyShadowing
07-07-2009, 5:48 PM
We've waited almost 10 years for Monkey Island's return.

I think we can all stand to wait another couple of hours.
 ThunderPeel2001
07-07-2009, 5:53 PM
We've waited almost 10 years for Monkey Island's return.

I think we can all stand to wait another couple of hours.

I haven't been waiting all that time... :confused: Nobody ever said, it was due 10 years ago. This game is LATE. They've hit problems. That's fine. Just somebody type a blog that says "ETA 5 hours" or "ETA imminent" so I can go and do something else... (Which I'm about to go and do anyway... I bet the game is released the second I walk away from my kb!)

I don't mind "waiting", I mind "not knowing".

It's now nearly 10pm here. In Germany that'll be 11pm. We were all told that the game would be released on the 7th... Not the 8th.
 MusiclyInspired
07-07-2009, 5:54 PM
It's just a game, dude. Chill. Read a book. Go out and socialize. Something other than waiting.
 El Pollo Diablo
07-07-2009, 5:54 PM
 ThunderPeel2001
07-07-2009, 5:57 PM
http://www.telltalegames.com/community/blogs/id-471)

Like this blog?

The blog with no ETA... Yeah, just like that, EXCEPT WITH AN ETA!
 Tower Five
07-07-2009, 5:57 PM
Ah it's only Monkey Island, chill out

*Ducks flying chairs*
 Sven_Q45
07-07-2009, 5:59 PM
It's just a game, dude. Chill. Read a book. Go out and socialize. Something other than waiting.
I watched and watch the funeral of Michael Jackson.
And forgot MI for a while.
 Scapetti
Seriously ThunderPeel... who said there were technical issues. I have read NOTHING of this. They planned on releasing it in the day and it's still only lunchtime where they're at. Get over it!
 ThunderPeel2001
Everyone telling me to "chill" is actually just making more irritated...! Sorry.

Can't we all agree that half the TT office is probably just sitting around, twiddling their thumbs, waiting for the technical guys to sort it out? Couldn't one of those thumbs just take a second to say, "Sorry folks, it's gonna be the 8th. Our bad."?

I'd be so happy if they wrote that!
 ThunderPeel2001
07-07-2009, 6:01 PM
Seriously ThunderPeel... who said there were technical issues. I have read NOTHING of this. They planned on releasing it in the day and it's still only lunchtime where they're at. Get over it!

Ok, there are issues, right? If they're not technical, then what are they?? Have they just phoned up Dominic Armato do to a few quick lines? Is someone frantically designing the game menu? Has Dave Grossman just thought of a killer joke they want to insert?

Gabez has already played and reviewed the game!

Come on, of course it's technical issues!

*sigh* Annoyed :(

Ok: I'm going to do something else now... promise.
 Tower Five
07-07-2009, 6:03 PM
These things happen fella, techincal issues crop up all the time with many game releases right up zero hour.
 MusiclyInspired
07-07-2009, 6:04 PM
Can't we all agree that half the TT office is probably just sitting around, twiddling their thumbs, waiting for the technical guys to sort it out? Couldn't one of those thumbs just take a second to say, "Sorry folks, it's gonna be the 8th. Our bad."?

I'd be so happy if they wrote that!

There's no indication that it's going to end up being released on the 8th. They ARE going by California time after all! It's only like 2:00 there or something right now. And I seriously doubt ANYBODY at the TTG offices are just "sitting around" right now. I imagine they're all frantically doing their part to make sure this game gets out ASAP.
 ThunderPeel2001
07-07-2009, 6:05 PM
These things happen fella, techincal issues crop up all the time with many game releases right up zero hour.

Ok, one last thing:

Sorry, I know you're trying to make me feel better. I appreciate that. Thanks... but I really don't mind that it's delayed. Seriously. These things happen. I understand. TTG are the good guys. I love them. No hard feelings...

I'd just like to know the ETA. Should I stay up late or should I go to bed on time?
 Scapetti
07-07-2009, 6:08 PM
Gabez has already played and reviewed the game!

Come on, of course it's technical issues!

Do you realise how contradicting that is...

If reviewers have been able to get the game then how could there be issues?! They are just waiting until the right time to release it!
 SkyShadowing
07-07-2009, 6:09 PM
Do you realise how contradicting that is...

If reviewers have been able to get the game then how could there be issues?! They are just waiting until the right time to release it!

Reviewers are sent pre-release copies so that their reviews can go up immediately on launch day.
 joshandstacy
07-07-2009, 6:10 PM
The person that was supposed to post the download link was about to click the submit button when someone told him there was a three-headed monkey behind him. When he turned around there was a guy with a fedora selling "these fine leather jackets"...
 Scapetti
07-07-2009, 6:11 PM
Thanks... but I really don't mind that it's delayed.

It's not bloody delayed! They never gave a time. They said the 7th and it is only afternoon where they are! Jeez... you're starting to annoy ME now by being annoyed yourself and posting "Worst. Release. Ever." It's not out when YOU thought it would be, that doesn't make it delayed! And stop assuming there are issues!
 Scapetti
07-07-2009, 6:14 PM
Reviewers are sent pre-release copies so that their reviews can go up immediately on launch day.

Yes, I know that. Thanks for telling me :raise:
 ThunderPeel2001
07-07-2009, 6:16 PM
It's not bloody delayed! They never gave a time. They said the 7th and it is only afternoon where they are! Jeez... you're starting to annoy ME now by being annoyed yourself and posting "Worst. Release. Ever." It's not out when YOU thought it would be, that doesn't make it delayed! And stop assuming there are issues!

"We don't want to keep you waiting, but you'll need to to bear with us for just a little while longer. All is being made ready now. It'll be worth it."

"A special apology to residents of Oceania for the game coming out well into July 8th over there."
 Fealiks
07-07-2009, 6:20 PM
I don't even think there is a delay. They're probably getting a lot of things ready, it's probably a long, difficult process. They're still set to meet their deadline, after all, so why should they put up a blog post apologising for a non-existent delay? All that would bring them would be bad press. Just wait it out and appreciate that they're probably working really hard, and they don't know how long it will take them. We don't know what the release process is, it's probably not as easy as we think.
 Scapetti
07-07-2009, 6:22 PM

"We don't want to keep you waiting, but you'll need to to bear with us for just a little while longer. All is being made ready now. It'll be worth it."

"A special apology to residents of Oceania for the game coming out well into July 8th over there."

Stop looking for hidden meanings :S I read that BEFORE I made my posts! It doesn't mean squat!
 El Pollo Diablo
07-07-2009, 6:23 PM

Read this while you wait. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oceania)
 Scapetti
07-07-2009, 6:24 PM
I don't even think there is a delay. They're probably getting a lot of things ready, it's probably a long, difficult process. They're still set to meet their deadline, after all, so why should they put up a blog post apologising for a non-existent delay? All that would bring them would be bad press. Just wait it out and appreciate that they're probably working really hard, and they don't know how long it will take them. We don't know what the release process is, it's probably not as easy as we think.

Actually, that's a point. They do have to upload the files after all. Can be quite lengthy for a big game!
 harlequ1n
07-07-2009, 6:25 PM
I've been ocassionally popping into the website to see it there was a download link while doing other stuff, I'm a bit pissed but not too much as I have worked a lot thanks to the waiting :D
 ThunderPeel2001
07-07-2009, 6:26 PM
Read this while you wait. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oceania)

Lol. Thanks, but unbelievably I am already aware of what Oceania means. Yes, those crazy Australians and New Zealanders... but nobody cares about them. Of course, it's only 30 mins before they should issue another apology... this time to Germany.
 El Pollo Diablo
07-07-2009, 6:27 PM
Lol. Thanks, but unbelievably I am already aware of what Oceania means. Yes, those crazy Australians and New Zealanders... but nobody cares about them. Of course, it's only 30 mins before they should issue another apology... this time to Germany.

Why Germany? I don't get your argument...
 Scapetti
07-07-2009, 6:29 PM

Please, go do something else while you're waiting, you're clogging up the forum with your hate! Read a book ffs!
 LordTrilobite
07-07-2009, 6:35 PM
Meh, I was planning on buying it when the whole season was out anyway.

For the time being I'm only curious to whether it's any good.

Also, only half an hour left of the 7th here in Europe.
 Sven_Q45
07-07-2009, 6:47 PM
Can we call this Monkey Island addiction? :D
 Glokidd
07-07-2009, 6:49 PM
Please, go do something else while you're waiting, you're clogging up the forum with your hate! Read a book ffs!

Ill have you know i blame you personally for this whole thing :P

For no particular reason mind you... but its totally your fault :)
 Scapetti
07-07-2009, 6:54 PM
Yeah, sorry about that. I'll release it soon ;)
 Lagomorph01
07-07-2009, 7:05 PM
Heh, I don't mind the delay. Because of it, I made the last minute decision of pre-ordering TMI! :D
 Sven_Q45
07-07-2009, 7:07 PM
Well TTG is US. And the 7th is in US yet!
And not Europe. :p

I take it easy!

Good night. hrhr
 ThunderPeel2001
07-07-2009, 8:04 PM
Goodnight :(
 Scapetti
07-07-2009, 8:07 PM
Goodnight :(

Stay up a little longer ;) it'll be up by 2am I reckon XD
 spiralout
07-07-2009, 8:09 PM
"Taking the site down! We'll be back in just a bit, with awesomeness."

http://twitter.com/telltalegames/statuses/2522359482)
 Laserschwert
07-07-2009, 8:10 PM
Yeah, 38 minutes ago!

Edit: Telltale's site is now down completely.
 ThunderPeel2001
07-07-2009, 8:17 PM
It's pretty lame that they went radio-silent on us :(

How long does it take to type a twitter?

Next time, keep us informed, PLEASE. It would be a LOT less frustrating that way.
 Laserschwert
07-07-2009, 8:20 PM
Man, I miss Emily.
 Thrik
07-07-2009, 8:25 PM
I kind of suspect the servers will be so thrashed by downloads that it's infeasible to expect to play it 'today' if you're in Europe.

Not too bothered myself as I should be able to let it download while I'm at work and then it'll hopefully be ready to go once I get home. :)
 ThunderPeel2001
07-07-2009, 8:33 PM
Man, I miss Emily.

Yeah. They DID replace her... right? :confused:
 ThunderPeel2001
07-07-2009, 8:36 PM
"Taking the site down! We'll be back in just a bit, with awesomeness."

http://twitter.com/telltalegames/statuses/2522359482)

It's good to know that "a bit" means 1+ hours in TT speak :)
Page: 1 of 2