Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Firing lasers before target reticle lights up green

Page: 1 of 1
 ralentor
07-01-2009, 3:39 PM
I don't know if anyone's still playing XWA since there haven't been any posts in this forum for a long time, but I'll post my question anyway.

I've been practicing the Force Run technique (invented by ForceFlow and perfected by K_Kinnison) on ISDs in the simulator, and it's fantastic. I finally reached the point where I can take down an Ace ISD in an X-wing by myself in 8.5 minutes. But I have one question - if I fire lasers at the ISD before the target reticle lights up green, will the laser fire still hit the ISD or will it dissipate before reaching the ISD?
 Wildstar
07-02-2009, 11:52 AM
If you're talking in terms of distance from the target, yes, your lasers would dissipate before they hit.
 ralentor
07-02-2009, 3:29 PM
Thanks. So, shooting at a distance that's too far (reticle unlit) is just a waste of laser energy because those shots will never make it to the target. I'll save my laser energy from now on.
Page: 1 of 1