Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

More on Model Theory

Page: 1 of 1
 VarsityPuppet
06-09-2009, 6:26 PM
I am the last of the Xbox modders. (I like to think so anyways). It's not that I don't like the PC version... it's just that my computer is way to slow to run anything near Kotor 1 or 2 (sad huh?).

The many advantages of having the PC version is of course, higher resolution textures, models and custom modules through mods.
The xbox can only do so many override textures at a time, some custom modules (not new ones though) and historically, no models (or very few models) have ever worked.

DStoney's PLC_droid in his m4-78 mod is to date the only model that will load from override, in my experience.

This no longer is the case. I have found a way to expand this a bit. As of now, the xbox can support weapons and masks. The way this must be done is by overriding the models into the weapons.erf file. I was able to load Silveredge and Quanon's Mandalore Mask, many of oldflash's weapon mods, and the HOA Revan Mask mod.

There are still issues with UV mapping however. The models will load, but the UV maps are slightly messed up. As I learn more of how to model, this can probably be fixed, but for now, I know not what to do.

Also, I am not entirely sure but the mdls in the module rims may override these, but I have yet to test that. I figure I'll get a really good weapon mod, play through and see if it works.

If I could take screenshots I would.

Anyways, if there are any of you still out there who care, try this out.
Page: 1 of 1