Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

NPC Alignment Freeze

Page: 1 of 1
 Princess Artemis
05-27-2009, 5:37 AM
Done at the request of intrepid_rook85, I had a thought some other people might be interested.

Tired of your shining beacon of enlightenment Exile turning HK-47 blue? Don't want your budding Sith Lord turning everyone red?

This (http://www.princessartemis.com/images/mods/PA_K2_NPC_Align_Freeze.zip) will solve that problem right quick.

Does what it says on the box--it prevents the Exile's alignment and influence with the NPCs from dragging their alignment all over the map. Visas will stay dark. Disciple will stay light. Slippery Atton will stay neutral. But only if the mod is installed before you recruit them! So new games are suggested if you want the full benefit of this mod. It does seem to work with skipping mods.

To install, copy/paste everything but the Source folder and the readme into Override. It's easy to pick and choose who you want to prevent alignment shifts in if you would like some of them to change. It's not immediately compatible with any mod that has custom NPCs, but instructions are included for those with some modding experience and the right tools to use this mod with other customized NPC mods if they want to.

All thanks to cjt0202 who wrote the script that made this possible for my Dustil Recruit mod. She kindly let me recycle it for this. Thanks for Fred Tetra is a given, but hat's off as always.

Please do not upload this mod anywhere I haven't got linked without permission. I may put it up elsewhere, but for now, my site will work.

Enjoy your deep dark sided assassin droids, all you pillars of light and goodness!
 Demongo
05-27-2009, 6:20 AM
TSL becomes more KotOR-like with this mod:) Good job! I like mods which change things in TSL to be more K1 like:)
 intrepid_rook85
05-28-2009, 9:48 AM
Again, thanks for putting your time into this. I'm looking forward to using this mod! Have a great rest of the week!
 Princess Artemis
05-28-2009, 11:33 AM
Thanks and No problem :) I hope you like it!
 Allronix
05-29-2009, 2:08 AM
Heh. This is a great idea. I wouldn't want to corrupt Mical. It just doesn't seem right. The character comes off as a cross of Luke Skywalker and Julian Bashir with a bit of Green Arrow the Second for flavor. In short, too damn honorable for his own good.

I've often tried to max out influence with some characters and reduce it with others. My DSM Exile, for example, will max out on Atton, and corrupt Brianna, but I end up cheating so that he totally bottoms out with Canderous and T3. My thought on the matter is that a Canderous that traveled with my LS Revan would likely see a DS Exile as barely worth the ammo it would take to shoot him. T3 is hostile towards him because Exile treats him badly and isn't his "real" master anyway.
 Princess Artemis
05-29-2009, 3:27 AM
Since the sources are included, it's actually not difficult to permanently change a character's alignment with this, too. A couple numbers changed and a script compile later, and Mical could be lighter permanently. I wasn't surprised by it, but no one light in TSL is really all that light. Mission and Carth have them all beat by a country mile. Seems to me that Mical's alignment could be higher than it is (following the 'too damned honorable for his own good' thought). The others seem about right, but Mical's seems too low to me. I would have made his higher, but that's not what was asked. Still, not hard at all to do with Kotor Tool if it feels right to alter their alignments and then freeze them.

Nice to hear that this isn't a completely niche idea :) I haven't played in a long time, but I did drop a few characters into my override because I don't think they should blue-shift. (Not that poor HK ever gets to play in my game...)
 ganoesparan06
07-08-2009, 10:54 AM
I think this is a good idea but I think perhaps alignment should change for -some- NPCs but not others.

For example HK and T3 and G0T0 shouldnt change alignments at all given they are droids and this it would be IMPOSSIBLE to affect them like that through the force.

Some NPCs should be more susceptible to influence via the force than others. For example Atton since he really looks up to and/or fancies the Exile it should be very easy to sway him either way; also Bao-Dur is the same, he would follow the Exile into death (and likely did) so would be easy to influence - like the vanilla/high influence easiness.
Brianna, and Visas I think should be able to be influenced but not as easy as Atton/Bao-Dur; both care a great deal for the Exile and both are very stubborn and would be hard to shift. A medium level of influence for both of them, more difficult than vanilla but not as hard as others.
The others would be Canderous, and Mical who are both firmly entrenched in their view points. Canderous as Mandalore MUST typify the Mandalorian spirit which is Dark Side leaning and Mical is as someone else said too damn honourable for his own good. Thus it should be very difficult to influence both of them and move their alignment; a very low ability to influence/shift them but not impossible like with the Droids.

Do you think thats possible? To have different levels that affect different NPCs?
 Princess Artemis
07-08-2009, 11:33 AM
I don't know if it's possible to make some NPCs more susceptible to influence or not. It sounds like it would be more complicated than I can manage anyhow...it sounds like it would have to be done dialogue by dialogue by adding more influence for each. So it would end up with super easy, easy, and default shifts, but that would be an enormous undertaking. But that's just one way I can think of to do it--if there are others, I don't know what they would be off the top of my head.

As far as this mod goes, you can pick and choose who gets their alignment frozen. If you only want the droid's alignment to freeze, then just drop their .utc and scripts into Override. Each .utc and script is easy to identify--they have their names in the files.
 ganoesparan06
07-09-2009, 10:20 AM
I don't know if it's possible to make some NPCs more susceptible to influence or not. It sounds like it would be more complicated than I can manage anyhow...it sounds like it would have to be done dialogue by dialogue by adding more influence for each. So it would end up with super easy, easy, and default shifts, but that would be an enormous undertaking. But that's just one way I can think of to do it--if there are others, I don't know what they would be off the top of my head.

As far as this mod goes, you can pick and choose who gets their alignment frozen. If you only want the droid's alignment to freeze, then just drop their .utc and scripts into Override. Each .utc and script is easy to identify--they have their names in the files.

I have done so thank you.

Its a pity you dont think it would possible to set levels of alignment shifts and influence gains for different NPCs because I think that would be much cooler and more realistic.
Some characters in both games should be easier to influence than others (ie Atton versus Canderous or Mical).
Page: 1 of 1