Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What is your favorite season?

Page: 1 of 1
 Rogue Nine
05-26-2009, 9:39 PM
Simple question really, especially with the advent of summer here in North America.
 mimartin
05-26-2009, 9:53 PM
Football :xp:
 Jae Onasi
05-26-2009, 10:12 PM
Spring. It means the sucky snow is (mostly) over, it's starting to warm up, flowers begin to bloom, trees leaf out, lilac-scent fills the air, and the robins and hummingbirds return.
 jrrtoken
05-26-2009, 10:18 PM
Winter, because when you awaken one morning to find out that all that was vibrant and colorful in autumn has been replaced with a bleak, uninhabited wasteland of snow and ice, your ancestral ice age-era survival instincts kick in, and you get the strangest urge to bring a bolt-action rifle with you wherever you go, in case a herd of wild caribou approaches your car.
 urluckyday
05-26-2009, 11:18 PM
Native Minnesotan...gotta be the Winter.
 Jeff
05-26-2009, 11:35 PM
I will take the childish answer of summer because no school. :p
 True_Avery
05-27-2009, 1:18 AM
Winter.

Here in California, it gets pleasantly cold. If you are coastal, like me, you don't get snow so it gives me an excuse to put on a jacket, something which me and my friends actually wait for every year. The day we can wear our jackets again.

There is very little transition between winter/spring and fall/winter, etc so it basically comes down to it either being summer, or winter. Summer means fires abound, which freaks everyone out, so Summer isn't a whole lot of fun here.
 Tommycat
05-27-2009, 1:43 AM
Haha summer isn't too wonderful here... 100+ days of 110ºf weather. Winter brings snow birds to clog our streets. Fall brings rains and flooding. Spring it is..
 Totenkopf
05-27-2009, 3:00 AM
Probably Fall. Worst of the heat is over and it doesn't rain as much as in Spring.
 Drunkside
05-27-2009, 3:42 AM
Winter. Whats there to say? Snow, dark natural beauty and truely unique athmosphere. Its the most inspiring season, for me at least. The second best is summer since its time of relaxation.
 Jasper_Kazai
05-27-2009, 7:35 AM
I usually default to Summer, because there's no school. But weather-wise, my favorite season would be Autumn.
 Prime
05-27-2009, 9:29 AM
Summer. Bring on the heat!
 leXX
05-27-2009, 2:27 PM
It used to be summer, but since I got hayfever 3 years ago, my spring's and summer's now consist of me sneezing constantly and popping pills, so I've voted for autumn. I love autumnal colours. I hate winter, I hate being cold, and I hate snow.
 CommanderQ
05-27-2009, 2:57 PM
I'd say Spring...in my area, that's the only time everything is green. And before Allergies set in, so that's a very happy period of time, oh...that and winter, snow is always fun:D
 acdcfanbill
05-27-2009, 3:41 PM
Easily Winter since you can always put more clothes on and snow makes for a fun plaything.

Native Minnesotan...gotta be the Winter.

Born in MN, but when I moved to South Dakota I would hear people whine about their winters, I just laugh, it's like a windy Fall day most winters here :)
 Litofsky
05-27-2009, 4:33 PM
Spring for me. We've got a heavily wooded backyard, and the trees just don't look quite right in the winter.
 Pho3nix
05-27-2009, 5:04 PM
Summer and fall !

Here in California, it gets pleasantly cold. If you are coastal, like me, you don't get snow so it gives me an excuse to put on a jacket, something which me and my friends actually wait for every year. The day we can wear our jackets again
in Finland you wait for the day you don't have to wear a jacket outside, lol.
 Chevron 7 locke
05-27-2009, 5:12 PM
Winter.

I enjoy the cold and the ice.
 JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan
05-27-2009, 6:01 PM
i like cold and dark, and i'd usually vote for winter, but summer gets my vote because of its much longer daylight.
 CommanderQ
05-27-2009, 6:35 PM
Winter.

I enjoy the cold and the ice.

Well, I imagine that in Wisconsin you'd get alot of that:D Correct?:)
 EnderWiggin
05-27-2009, 8:44 PM
While I do love summer, I actually voted for Autumn.

_EW_
 Q
05-27-2009, 9:28 PM
Summer.

Long days.
Warm nights.
Babes in skimpy clothes. :naughty:
 LordOfTheFish
05-27-2009, 9:41 PM
Fall, no questions asked. Who likes summer? I live in North Carolina so it's almost always hot regardless of the season. It gets up to 115.
 Darth Avlectus
05-27-2009, 9:52 PM
Can I have a 5th option since I actually have stuff from every season in various places of CA and NV?

Depends on what place at what time of year:

CA: Can be hot depending on exactly where you're at. Northern Cal Redwoods regions always seem pleasant if a bit rainy.

Sierra mountains have the most indecisive and severe turns of weather. Pleasant to kinda hot summer, severe allergies in spring, winter used to be tons of snow for a long time but now it just dumps all at once, fall has an invigorating feel about it, not sure why. I like grey cloudy skies actually.

Just about everywhere else is warm to hot like in the central valley...smog in So. Cal... rainy as you tend to get out coastward all along the shoreline. Rains in all places as you approach winter.

NV: Mostly warm to hot for most the year, but often windy at the foot of mountains. Can get rather cold with windchill. Rains quite a bit and occasionally it will snow. NV is one big desert with rolling hills and basically is the other side of the Sierra mountains region hence sierra nevadas.
 EnderWiggin
05-27-2009, 11:42 PM
Summer.

Long days.
Warm nights.
Babes in skimpy clothes. :naughty:

I was going to say my favorite season is skirt season but I'm afraid of Jae :ninja2:

_EW_
 urluckyday
05-27-2009, 11:49 PM
Easily Winter since you can always put more clothes on and snow makes for a fun plaything.

Born in MN, but when I moved to South Dakota I would hear people whine about their winters, I just laugh, it's like a windy Fall day most winters here :)

Could not agree more. You can always put more clothes on to get warm...but can only take off so much (even less to be socially acceptable) to get cool. (Also I did live in SD and then ND and then onto MN)...I don't live in MN anymore (very unfortunately) but my heart still remains there and I will return there one day.
 DarthAve
05-28-2009, 12:28 AM
Winter is the prettiest for me because snow is pretty, but the car wrecks because of ice and lousy driving make it ugly.

Spring is like, 2 weeks because Ohio is lame.

Summer is always too hot, and I have summer schoolwork.

I like Fall, it's perfect.
 Rev7
05-28-2009, 1:02 AM
I like Fall the best, then winter.

I like Spring; however, I have horrible allergies.
 Q
05-28-2009, 2:05 AM
Hopefully you'll outgrow them like I did. :)
 Rev7
05-28-2009, 2:17 AM
I hope that I do! I mow the lawn on Saturday and I feel horrible until Thursday. I also have some kind of Sun allergy because I have, for the last couple of years, gotten a rash on my forearms and my legs. Sunscreen helps, but I still get them.

To sum that up: Allergies SUCK
 Titanius Anglesmith
05-28-2009, 4:07 AM
I ****ing love Winter. Where I live now, we never get any snow no matter what time of year it is, but I still love it.
 Demongo
05-28-2009, 1:37 PM
I liked Winter because there was a lot of snow, but now there aren't any:( That's why I voted for Summer:p
 Hallucination
05-28-2009, 6:09 PM
I'm going to have to say fall, it's so nice when because it cools down enough for the bugs to die, the changing colours of the trees is nice, and it's warm enough to just wear a shirt but cool enough to wear a jacket if you felt like it. Plus there's Halloween. =D
Summer is always too hot, and I have summer schoolwork.

1) Stop failing math
2) ???
3) Profit
 TiE23
05-29-2009, 5:33 PM
Spring by far. More specifically, the time between Mid-April and Late-May. Fresh, warm, not muggy and sweaty like Summer is.
 Miltiades
05-29-2009, 8:11 PM
Summer. Qliveur summed it up nicely.
 EnderWiggin
05-30-2009, 7:14 AM
Wow, I can't believe spring is in last place :confused:

_EW_
 Thrik
05-30-2009, 7:58 AM
I would like Spring, but thanks to the torrents of rain the season usually brings to the UK I end up really jaded by the crazily unpredictable weather by the end of it. :D

Last week I was walking home, and it literally went from a sunny day to slashing it down within two minutes. By the end of my 15-minute walk to the train station my underwear was about as wet as it would be if I'd jumped in a lake. :(

So Summer it is!
 Bokken
05-30-2009, 11:51 AM
Winter. It has a very poignant feeling, and occasionally a very poignant smell. I'm not far North enough to get snow, so it's pretty without being freezing.
 Vikinor
05-30-2009, 3:23 PM
Winter.
 Serpentine Cougar
05-30-2009, 11:20 PM
Summer, because a lot more seems to happen during that time of the year.
 Marius Fett
06-01-2009, 6:01 PM
Winter. There's a reason I prefer it to summer. If you're cold (as you would be in Winter) then you can just put some extra layers on. But if you're too hot in Summer, there's only so much you can take off.
 Hallucination
06-01-2009, 8:00 PM
Winter. There's a reason I prefer it to summer. If you're cold (as you would be in Winter) then you can just put some extra layers on. But if you're too hot in Summer, there's only so much you can take off.
Skin is over-rated. Same with fat.
 Sith'ari Darth Bane
06-02-2009, 4:38 AM
Summer for me there is a lot more to do around where I live.
 MrWally
06-05-2009, 4:26 PM
This answer has probably changed dozens of times for me. I live in the Chicago area were weather changes erratically and constantly, but we also get all weather types. Summers can easily reach 110 mid July/August, and last Winter got to -40 on multiple occassions.

Recently our Springs have been very, well, snowy. It snowed late April the last two years (both after having 70 degree days in March), so for that reason Spring is out.

I think I have to go with Fall. The weather fluctuates between high 50s and low 70s, the trees are beautiful, the air smells so fresh and clean, and everybody tends to be in a nice mood, wanting to enjoy the weather before it gets too cold.
Page: 1 of 1