Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What are you watching/reading now?

Page: 3 of 3
 Jeff
11-17-2010, 11:05 AM
I watched the Macross Frontier movie recently. It definitely wasn't as entertaining as the whole series but I guess that's what happens when you try to put an entire 26 episode series into a 2 hour movie. Hoping the next movie (which will actually be canon instead of a retelling) is much better.
 Mav
11-18-2010, 7:08 PM
I finished watching FLCL last night, it was... interesting, I feel like I should have watched it stoned.
 Alexrd
11-18-2010, 7:23 PM
Finished last week the 4th season of "Mad Men". Great show. The best there is on TV.
 Mav
12-09-2010, 8:22 PM
hmmm, Lynk and I watched Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi recently, I felt like I should have watched it on LSD.
 Lynk Former
12-09-2010, 8:58 PM
I've been buying the One Piece manga... bought 23 (out of 55 released at this time) volumes so far.
 Darth Avlectus
12-10-2010, 2:28 AM
Is claymore any good? I have a $15 off coupon and see the entire disc set. Tempting. Though I want it myself I was thinking of getting it for a fellow anime fan--a fellow swordsman as well. I also see a ~16 vol manga.

Please tell me it's worth the investment. And if not, is witchblade any good? I only saw the first episode and it seemed good IIRC but things are getting a bit hazy now.
 Sabretooth
12-27-2010, 11:14 PM
I was following Bakuman (the anime), but it got boring.
 Mav
01-13-2011, 12:25 AM
Finished watching R.O.D OVA and R.O.D the TV with Lynk a week ago or so, I think I liked the OVA better, but the TV had some great moments and characters.
 Mav
02-14-2011, 7:17 PM
Finished Wolf's Rain, it was... interesting?
 Sabretooth
02-26-2011, 8:02 AM
Following GOSICK, Hourou Musuko and the terrifically awesome Level-E right now. And Zoku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei.

runba runba runba runba runba runba
 Mav
03-13-2011, 2:37 PM
I watched NGE... dislike.
 Alexrd
03-13-2011, 3:13 PM
Last week I've watched the 1st season of The Walking Dead. Good, but short. And no cliffhanger for the next season.
 Jeff
03-22-2011, 12:33 PM
I watched Summer Wars last night and I really recommend it, it was excellent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WD5QiLi2krk)
 Sabretooth
03-22-2011, 2:15 PM
Seconding that, Summer Wars is made of pure awesome.
http://theaniwatcher.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Summer-wars-13.jpg)
 Mav
03-23-2011, 12:53 AM
Seconding that, Summer Wars is made of pure awesome.
http://theaniwatcher.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Summer-wars-13.jpgA) challenger appears!http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs46/f/2009/227/9/1/King_Kazma_Tribute_by_aun61.jpg)

You can consider this me "thirding" watched the other night with Jeff, also watched The Girl Who Leapt Through Time tonight, was also very good though b/w the two I'd pick Summer Wars.
 Sabretooth
04-27-2011, 11:20 PM
Now watching: Steins;Gate, because it is made of pure awesome.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1lFxf2qKkw)

Also loosely interested in C, but I think it's soon going to devolve into a loosely-metaphorical-Yugioh-for-grown-ups.

Second anime I'm following is Tiger & Bunny, which has awesome animation and is surprisingly entertaining every second. It has a neat blend of Western, CGI and Japanese animation to it and good writing backing it.
 Mav
06-03-2011, 1:21 AM
I still need to check that stuff out Sabre :/

But for now, re-watching Last Exile, because it is that awesome :carms:
 Sabretooth
06-03-2011, 1:36 AM
 Mav
07-28-2011, 12:06 AM
Finished Last Exile a while ago, and watched the first episode of Steins;Gate, but then I went on vacation and my wimpy little netbook doesn't like 720p .mkv's so Steins is on hold. I did manage to finish the 5th season of Dexter though. :carms:
 Jeff
08-03-2011, 2:00 AM
Haven't watched much animu in a while, but I've been watching K-ON!! the past few days.

Also, I haven't started yet, but I bought the first volume of Akira. It's one of my favorite anime movies so I expect to like it.
 Mav
08-08-2011, 2:07 AM
I've been watching Steins;Gate it is rather entertaining o_Q
 Sabretooth
08-15-2011, 1:06 AM
Been following the new season now, hmm...

Usagi Drop - I like this one the best, though I procrastinate the most to see it, because it's slow and heartwarming. Sweet animation and Rin is really, really cute. It's a good series all-in-all, different from the rest, at least.

No. 6 - Utopian/dystopian to the max. The story (so far) really isn't anything new - naive kid who grew up in a seemingly-perfect utopia meets savage kid from outside world, learns that people live outside the utopia in misery and third-worldiness, yada yada. Surprisingly, the homosexual relationship hinted between the two main characters is the most interesting part of the anime, followed by the otherwise excellent animation (even though the outside world looks like it's Fallout: The Anime more often than not).

Mawaru Penguindrum - This is the season's WTF anime. The first episode was hilarious all through, but the other episodes not so much. It's absurdist comedy in the vein of Arakawa, but that's also the annoying part about it, because it can't seem to decide if it's wants to deal with something serious or something ridiculous. Terrific music though.

Kami-sama no Memo Chou - It looks like Gosick crossed with Durarara!! with a bit of Angel Beats! and has the strong points of neither. Very slick and well-researched, and will apparently be dealing with social problems in Japan, but it's hard to take the series seriously at times, with its misplaced fan service and steretypical characters. The hero is too cynical to care for, the heroine is too cold and distant, and the side-characters too plain boring. Could have potential later though.
 Mav
09-05-2011, 4:44 PM
I recently bought the Samurai Champloo Blu-Ray, so I just re-watched the entirety of that, awesome.
 Lynk Former
09-24-2011, 5:59 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kv4s7aZSpW1qz6z2wo1_500.jpg)

All of a sudden I had a huge Cowboy Bebop marathon including the movie (which fits in between ep 22 and 23 for those who don't know)... feelsgoodman.jpg
 Sabretooth
09-24-2011, 8:39 AM
New season starts next month, so Ima so excited. :D Except not, because most of the anime coming out appear to be otaku trash with only 2-3 decent concepts (which is about as many as I can follow anyhow).

So right now I'm only following Usagi Drop (rather slowly) and Mawaru Penguindrum (not so slowly) as Steins;Gate and Tiger & Bunny have concluded.

My Top 5 for the year so far:

1. Steins;Gate
2. Mawaru Penguindrum
3. Tiger & Bunny
4. Usagi Drop
5. Gosick
 Mav
10-03-2011, 5:26 PM
Let's see what have I watched recently...

-Gantz... I did not like it very much at all

-Finished up Steins;Gate which is awesome

Lately though I've just been watching movies/OVA's, 5 Centimeters per Second, Voices of a Distant Star, Laputa: Castle in the Sky, and then last night Howl's Moving Castle. Pretty much all of those are great, I'd especially recommend 5 Centimeters per Second and Howl's Moving Castle to those that haven't seen them.

As far as this coming season, I'm definitely gonna be watching Last Exile -Ginyoku no Fam-, I'll prolly also watch Persona 4: The Animation, played the game, it's awesome. Lastly I was thinking about following Guilty Crown, it sounds interesting.
 Ascended_Mike
10-23-2011, 2:32 PM
I tried watching Bleach years ago and i didn't like it all that much.
I've tried watching it this time and I'm hooked.

I've re-watched Death Note for the 4th time. And i've been buying the Death Note Manga. Black edition. (A new one released every month) since i've never read it until now, waiting for the release for it is like waiting for a NEW manga to come out! Though i think the last one just went on sale.

And I love the scott pilgrim comics.

I also watched Elfen Lied. And Chobits (Though i'm not finished with that one yet)

I keep hearing about Steins;Gate so I think i'll be looking into that soon.
 Mav
11-04-2011, 6:23 PM
I can't stand the Bleach anime, way too much filler and the filler is also horrible, so I just read the manga for Bleach and quite frankly it hasn't been as good post-Aizen arc.

Death Note's awesome as are the Scott Pilgrim comics. I haven't seen the other stuff so yeah, no comment. :P

I would highly recommend you watch Steins;Gate so far it is easily the best show this year.

As for myself, I watched Usagi Drop and thought it was very good, then I read the manga and it completely ruined it for me, so yeah I advise not reading the Usagi Drop manga. As for this current season I'm watching...

Persona 4: The Animation - So far it has stayed very true to the story from the video game, which is a good thing. Not much to say really if you like the video game you'll like this. If you're not familiar with the game, well then I guess you could describe it as a murder mystery featuring school kids with the ability to summon demons to help them fight other demons... yeah.

Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam - The sequel to the original Last Exile, so far things seem to be playing out in a similar fashion to the original too early to say either way on this one, but I would highly recommend the original LE,

Guilty Crown - One of the more highly regarded shows this season, I'm really liking it so far. It is like a mix of Code Geass, Macross and GitS, plus the female lead has pink hair, so that is a plus.

Tamayura -hitotose- - Very meh, nothing exciting, average slice of life stuff, but it airs while I'm waiting for the other shows, so I'll prolly keep watching.
 Sabretooth
11-06-2011, 4:00 AM
Persona 4 is pretty fun and am following that, but the surprise series this season is Chihayafuru, which sounds like a boring shoujo anime from the synopsis but is actually pretty entertaining and well-scripted to watch.

Un-Go I dropped halfway through the first episode for just how boring it was and its retro-future art style was annoying for me. Mirai Nikki was interesting, but the protagonist is lame, and the execution is ultra-bland.
 Jeff
12-05-2011, 5:02 PM
Guilty Crown - One of the more highly regarded shows this season, I'm really liking it so far. It is like a mix of Code Geass, Macross and GitS, plus the female lead has pink hair, so that is a plus.I'm watching this as well and loving it. How Mav described it is exactly right. First anime show I've followed while it's airing in a while so it must be good.
 Lynk Former
12-06-2011, 9:32 AM
HHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGG Last Exile ~Fam, the Silver Wing~ is so epic!
 Mav
12-07-2011, 3:46 AM
HHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGG Last Exile ~Fam, the Silver Wing~ is so epic!http://yourimg.in/m/qmxu6z3.jpg)
 Lynk Former
12-07-2011, 10:56 AM
@ Mav: Yup, that epic.
 Sabretooth
12-31-2011, 2:46 AM
Only anime I've been watching from the Fall season is Chihayafuru. Now for the Winter season, starting January. Anime I'm interested in are Another and to a lesser extent, Brave10 and The Daily Lives of High School Boys.
 Mav
02-28-2012, 2:40 AM
Ok, so Tamayura -hitotose- as expected was just meh, had some fun episodes but overall not a very memorable series. Persona 4 I'm a little behind on, perhaps cause I know the story from the game so I'm not as driven to watch it, but it sticks to the game's story really well so that's a plus. Guilty Crown... had so much potential, it's in the last 4 or 5 episodes now and really dunno if it can redeem itself for me, but I'll finish watching it. Last Exile Fam has been my favorite of the 4, but I have bias from loving the first Last Exile.
Page: 3 of 3