Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Yoda Stories Application Error?

Page: 1 of 1
 Cliche
04-22-2009, 7:02 AM
Hello- I'm trying to get Yoda Stories, made for Windows 95, to run on Windows XP. Usually when I'm playing older games, I can click on the 'properties' tab and set the Windows version, colors and so forth - but for some reason with Yoda stories I get a notice which reads YODESK.EXE Application Error, and a number Oxe0000005. Can anyone tell me what this means and a way to get around it? Thanks!
 LordOfTheFish
04-22-2009, 4:10 PM
Well, I did a quick search on google and found that numerous people have this problem. I'll give you a couple of suggestions but none of them are guaranteed to work-

1: You said that you tried setting your compatibility to Windows 95, try setting it to 98, i believe it also runs on that.

2: Overwrite wavmix32.dll and wavemix.ini with the versions in the Zip file. Also set the Disable Visual Themes compatibility option on your Yoda Stories shortcut as this stops the game from crashing after trying to exit the game.

I'm pretty sure option 2 should do it, but you may want to try option 1 first, it is simpler.

I hope that worked for you.

Cheers,

-Fish-
Page: 1 of 1