Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

HK-47 - Assassin Droid

Page: 1 of 1
 Drewton
03-04-2009, 3:07 PM
HK-47 has always been one of my favourite KOTOR characters, but I've never liked the brown colour scheme. I was inspired by PROXY's design in TFU to reskin him. He now has grey and grey-purple plating, as well as yellow eyes, more wires, and "electricity" things near his hips.

Also, would it be considered porting to use this for TSL (this was made using the KOTOR 1 skin)? The TSL version basically just has a few colour changes, which this skin completely redos. If it is porting, I'll make a TSL version.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/thunderbirdfan/hk47_01.jpg)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/thunderbirdfan/hk47_02.jpg)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/thunderbirdfan/hk47_03.jpg)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/thunderbirdfan/hk47_04.jpg)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/thunderbirdfan/hk47_05.jpg)
 Chevron 7 locke
03-04-2009, 3:51 PM
Holy smoke that looks amazing! I'll give it an instant download when the link shows up
 HK-42
03-04-2009, 3:53 PM
Not sure about the porting, since it is the same texture, if it is should be easy to recreate the Exact same thing.

Anywho, Looks great Drewton! Probably one of my favorite HK skins
 Giant Graffiti
03-04-2009, 4:12 PM
Also, would it be considered porting to use this for TSL (this was made using the KOTOR 1 skin)? The TSL version basically just has a few colour changes, which this skin completely redos. If it is porting, I'll make a TSL version.

HK's skin from K1 is still in TSL's resource files, albeit in shrunken down form and used as a placeable. (The placeable is PLC_HK50.tpc)
 HK-42
03-04-2009, 4:25 PM
HK's skin from K1 is still in TSL's resource files, albeit in shrunken down form and used as a placeable. (The placeable is PLC_HK50.tpc)

I know, its just he might be made to make a new one because it might be considered porting since he used the K1 one.
 Darth Payne
03-04-2009, 4:40 PM
Wow, that is amazing.

I'll give this a download as soon as the DL link shows up.
 devicem
03-04-2009, 6:07 PM
Thumbs up! If you manage to make it TSL portable, I'll give it a go.
 SW01
03-04-2009, 7:16 PM
Another great looking reskin, Drewton! And, yet another sure download. ;)
 Sith Holocron
03-04-2009, 9:45 PM
I love HK-47 as he is - however - I think this would make a great skin for the HK-50's and the HK-51's in The Sith Lords.
 Lucied
03-04-2009, 10:45 PM
amazing but??? is there some kinda important to the purple small section?
 The Betrayer
03-05-2009, 6:51 AM
You should reskin the whole game. Seriously.
 Sith Holocron
03-05-2009, 11:33 AM
I wonder what he could do for Disciple, everyone's least favorite character! I can picture a young Michael York (from Logan's Run) being the template for a reskin.

For some black & white reference pictures, here's a handy link:
http://www.snowcrest.net/fox/loganpics/movie/editor/index.htm)
 Drewton
03-05-2009, 2:36 PM
Thanks y'all. I was kind of hesitant to release this at first, since it's a major color change to a fan favourite and I expected mixed feelings on this.

Sith Holocron, yeah, it might be more suitable for the HK-50s...HK-47's complaining about their silver plating will be kind of ironic once I get the TSL version done. :P And LOL, that actually would work great for Mical. I remember trying to reskin Mical as Anakin before, but IIRC, the face still looked basically the same, even though I'd pasted Hayden Christensen's face onto it. It would be difficult then to make the face look much different just by skinning. I'll give it a try, though.

Lucied, no, not really. It's a bit hard to see it in these screenshots, but the entire upper plating is at least slightly purple-ish.

Darth Betrayal: Heh heh...I actually plan to have most of the two games reskinned. Certainly not all of it, but a lot of it. I've started experimenting reskinning the Star Forge.
 Malpense
03-05-2009, 11:51 PM
Though this is a beautiful skin, I think HK's 'rusty red' look is too iconic to be taken away from him. As Sith Holocron said, it would be great for the HK-50s
 Sith Holocron
03-06-2009, 6:27 AM
I always did like the blue eyes for the HK-50's as they pop out well with the brushed steel look. Any chance for release two versions - one with your yellow eyes and one with them blue?
 Marius Fett
03-06-2009, 4:09 PM
Here's the KotORFiles link:

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/HK47_Assassin_Droid;98227)

Just finished reviewing it about 30 seconds ago... :p
 memarik
03-07-2009, 6:38 AM
REALLY NICE REALLY NICE !! :D
 darth_kira56
12-02-2009, 3:16 PM
HK-47 would "Burn Holes Through The Meatbag Responsible For This"
 Tigersong
04-17-2013, 8:41 PM
Very nice. HK-47 has always subtly reminded me of Toa Vakama, and your mod is a great way to dispel that.
 GeorgNihilus
04-21-2013, 11:43 AM
oh goodness :hearteye: ... that pink particular "light halo" and that nice/never expected "light touch?" in the "chest" :golfclap:

an instant download, only IF kotorfiles gamefront download worked ... :cry6:

thanks alot on advance, pretty impressive :thmbup1:
 maltron66
07-03-2013, 1:10 PM
Great skin! *adds skin to collection*
 hyperblast
07-05-2013, 1:50 PM
Hi! Wonderful mod, i have to say... I wanted to know, do you use a ENB or post-processing injector, or something, or do you edit your screenshot, to make the game look like that? I'd be very much interested in making the game this beautiful...
 DuckfromPortal
09-15-2013, 5:39 PM
"HK-47 has always been one of my favourite KOTOR characters, but I've never liked the brown colour scheme. I was inspired by PROXY's design in TFU to reskin him. He now has grey and grey-purple plating, as well as yellow eyes, more wires, and "electricity" things near his hips.

Also, would it be considered porting to use this for TSL (this was made using the KOTOR 1 skin)? The TSL version basically just has a few colour changes, which this skin completely redos. If it is porting, I'll make a TSL version."

This seems more like an Hk-50 model, in my opinion since i feel an essential feature of hk-47 is, (he says this a couple of times in the first and second game I think correct me if i'm wrong) is his color, he is supposed be something like a rust-crimson or a faded blood color, I never like how brown it was though, I agree it looks really nice by the way.
I feel as if changing the lighter grey you used for the face area, the kneecap tops, and the chest in the two larger stripes (i think there's a few others but those are the main areas i see) to a slight red grey to make sure his color mention is correct.

You could also make the kneecaps, head except the faceplate, stomache area and the darker areas, bordering on black be a shade of red.

P.S. I don't think it's necessary, but that's my feedback thanks for reading.
 Christos K
09-16-2013, 1:42 PM
^^^I don't think Drewton has been active for a quite a while.
 GeorgNihilus
09-17-2013, 6:16 PM
^^^I don't think Drewton has been active for a quite a while.
anyone has actually ever downloaded this, there was never another link besides the kotorfiles one??

thanks, and yep, Drewton seems lost so far ... never PMed back :rolleyes:
 Phildevil
09-18-2013, 8:12 AM
I have it on my computer. Want a link?
 GeorgNihilus
09-18-2013, 3:51 PM
I have it on my computer. Want a link?
great!! :nod:

link please, thanks on advance!! :thmbup1:
 Codeluke
09-18-2013, 10:51 PM
Dang that looks really good, I'd be using it if I didn't already like HK's "vintage" look like Sith Holocron and Malpense stated
 GeorgNihilus
10-01-2013, 11:13 PM
I always did like the blue eyes for the HK-50's as they pop out well with the brushed steel look. Any chance for release two versions - one with your yellow eyes and one with them blue?

Though this is a beautiful skin, I think HK's 'rusty red' look is too iconic to be taken away from him. As Sith Holocron said, it would be great for the HK-50s

"HK-47 has always been one of my favourite KOTOR characters, but I've never liked the brown colour scheme. I was inspired by PROXY's design in TFU to reskin him. He now has grey and grey-purple plating, as well as yellow eyes, more wires, and "electricity" things near his hips.

Also, would it be considered porting to use this for TSL (this was made using the KOTOR 1 skin)? The TSL version basically just has a few colour changes, which this skin completely redos. If it is porting, I'll make a TSL version."

Dang that looks really good, I'd be using it if I didn't already like HK's "vintage" look like Sith Holocron and Malpense stated
so? can I just copy/paste these into TSL Override as C_HK50 and C_HK51 tgas or not, dude/s?? porting or not? :raise:

thanks alot :fist:
 Phildevil
10-09-2013, 2:17 PM
Yup ;)
Page: 1 of 1