Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Jumping

Page: 2 of 2
 Web Rider
04-07-2009, 10:39 PM
Of course we should, Being a Jedi or a Sith without being able to force jump would suck.

Well, remember Kotor 2 had force jump, but it was just an animation that only triggered as a way to "charge" your enemy from a distance.
 Mandalore_
08-25-2009, 8:36 AM
No jumping, it's unnecesary and might ruin the combat gameplay if everyone jumps around. .

The smuggler can already perform a sort of "jump" while his taking cover his making a "roll" and Jedi/Sith make's a force jump charge
 decalibron
01-25-2011, 8:32 PM
^I'm not a cartographer, but I think you can jump using just your legs.

@Topic: I would seriously consider not playing the game if I couldn't jump, even if it had no purpose in gameplay.

uh...isn't a cartographer a map maker?
but anyway, definitely yes on the jumping!
 Ctrl Alt Del
01-25-2011, 9:11 PM
^ And isn't this you just did a necro?

But anyway, jumping would be, excuse me, retarded. Jumping to practical ends, as a mean of accessing certain areas, can be easily replaced by a "climbing" animation. After all, you don't jump on stuff in real life if you want to get on top of it. Well, mostly.
 Hallucination
01-26-2011, 12:37 AM
^You guys must be doing something wrong in Rio.

uh...isn't a cartographer a map maker?
Yes.
 Ctrl Alt Del
01-26-2011, 8:13 AM
This game never needed jumps to be awesome.
d-5_84JsjxE&hd=1
 Adavardes
02-06-2011, 9:22 PM
It should have jumping, and from what I've seen in the footage of the game, I believe there is jumping, along with jetpacks and force jumping.
 Darth Avlectus
02-06-2011, 11:07 PM
If it's going to be an action oriented RPG, sure, why not?

^ And isn't this you just did a necro?

Mmmmm. Necrophelia. :p

But anyway, jumping would be, excuse me, retarded. Jumping to practical ends, as a mean of accessing certain areas, can be easily replaced by a "climbing" animation. After all, you don't jump on stuff in real life if you want to get on top of it. Well, mostly.
Oh yeah brah. Totally seriously man. Good jawb. :thmbup1:

what r u talkin about there bucko hes just getting ready 4 the mardigras party yo
 Adavardes
02-07-2011, 12:13 PM
The argument that we don't jump to get to things in real life is kinda moot. This isn't real life, this is the Star Wars Universe. And if people want to get on top of something in the Star Wars universe, especially if they're Jedi, there's a long history of jumping. A lot.
 decalibron
02-12-2011, 12:50 AM
Go jumping!
 Ctrl Alt Del
02-22-2011, 3:52 PM
Well, Kingdom Hearts is such a RPG that wouldn't be the same without jumping. It has deep influence in combat, the unrealistic 10 meters high jumps allow for some platforming elements and item collection, and even some backtracking when you get to jump higher than before in latter levels.

But I never felt that KotOR needed jumping of any kind. Nor that the game would be better if it had. That's just me, really.

what r u talkin about there bucko hes just getting ready 4 the mardigras party yoyo
 Sp!ker
04-07-2011, 12:00 PM
Star Wars without yoda-jump is not star wars!!!!!!! :D
 Liverandbacon
04-07-2011, 6:10 PM
While people bunny-hopping around will be a bit of an immersion killer (though seriously, if you want immersion, don't play MMOs. It's worked for me so far), there is a pretty long history of people jumping on/to things in Star Wars, and it wouldn't make much sense to have none. Perhaps context-sensitive jumping ability would be the way to go, though that might just waste dev time on a pretty minor issue.

Star Wars without yoda-jump is not star wars!!!!!!! :D

so everything made before AOTC isn't Star Wars? :raise:
 RoxStar
04-07-2011, 11:03 PM
so everything made before AOTC isn't Star Wars? :raise:

That is a serious implication.
 Master Finch
08-23-2011, 10:39 PM
I think it should, when I was playing the KotORs I felt annoyed that instead of my A button jumping, it made an annoying boop noise.

But, if they do implement jumping, then the enemy should have to turn around to fight you. In World of Warcraft when you jump over someone's head they can still hit you whilst you're jumping due to the piss-poor combat system.
Page: 2 of 2