Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Well they say everything's free for discussion...

Page: 1 of 2
 Lt Wolf
02-23-2009, 10:22 AM
i've seen a lot of debate about if the RC forums should be saved or should let die. so lets take a vote. Let the RC forums Die, or try to get them back on their feet. I've only seen like, 8 whole people that still post here. although a year ago there were tons! so maybe RC is just going out. there hasn't been any new games, and the books are really the only thing still coming out that have RC's in it. So vote. either post Live or Die(and a reason why). if there's more people that say live, than more of us should maybe start trying to make some discussion boards, and post on them every now and then. I mean come on, there's even a thread about halo, sly cooper, and AVP in this place. there doesn't seem to be limits.
BUT, if more people say die(and if there's quite a lot...) than maybe we should go with popular demand. just let this thing go. unless someone gets some grandslam of an idea and gets hundreds of new posts/posters.

if you don't agree with this idea, than sorry, but I think it'd get this dispute taken care of. the votes stop being counted 3/8/09 @ 12:00 pm(er, midnight) GMT.
Peace.
 TSR
02-23-2009, 1:08 PM
No-one actually wants this board to die in the slightest. Its just there's no new content out on any format enough to make a new thread with something actually new in it.
 LordOfTheFish
02-23-2009, 1:43 PM
Hey! Lt Wolf, how are you? You haven't be on in awhile.

This place would be more popular, if more popular people posted here. Basically, members who have lots of post and have been coming here for a long time just create spam, but it still keeps it active.
 GeneralPloKoon
02-23-2009, 8:09 PM
The only thing that can really revive this forum is an annoncement of a Republic Commando 2 or some other sequel. The Battlefront III leak gave some life into the very quiet Battlefront forums. I do not wish for this forum to die but it seems too inevitable.
 LordOfTheFish
02-23-2009, 10:14 PM
Even the books didn't help.
 Lt Wolf
02-24-2009, 11:51 AM
pretty good 'Fish, I've been so busy lately that I'd almost forgot about the forums, haha. but yeah, this place is kinda depressing. there's like, no posting at all. well, besides the few here I guess. have you guys came up with any ideas for that web-comic that you were talking about? cause I think I could help. I may be a little rusty with my photo-shopping, but i'm willing to do whatever.

and good point TSR. I mean, I guess no one wants this thing to go down... it just is anyway. pretty sad.
 Sabretooth
02-24-2009, 12:14 PM
The Secret Reconnaissance Wing of the Imperial Ahtonian Empire is currently conducting secret reconnaissance operations on the AWL. If it is found suitable to our interests, it will be accordingly annexed and its users conscripted in the war against the Aresen Empire.
 TSR
02-24-2009, 12:48 PM
Sabretooth, can you explain to me please.

How has Ahto gone from being the most anal-retentive anti-spam slice of the internet to being filled with so much... crap? Ahtonian Empire? Invasion? I've not been underwater that long...
 Sabretooth
02-24-2009, 1:11 PM
We had an election last year and Darathy was made President. He declared himself the emperor of the Ahtonian Empire and has successfully repelled an attack by the bastards at Aresen. We have annexed RD.
 GeneralPloKoon
02-24-2009, 7:16 PM
The Secret Reconnaissance Wing of the Imperial Ahtonian Empire is currently conducting secret reconnaissance operations on the AWL. If it is found suitable to our interests, it will be accordingly annexed and its users conscripted in the war against the Aresen Empire.

They will fight before giving up this once great nation!
 Sabretooth
02-28-2009, 1:13 AM
Yes, we plan on conscripting them before we annex AWL. They will fight hard indeed.
 Halo_92
02-28-2009, 4:17 AM
We had an election last year and Darathy was made President. He declared himself the emperor of the Ahtonian Empire and has successfully repelled an attack by the bastards at Aresen. We have annexed RD.

haha rd?
The place is completely pointless now.
 LordOfTheFish
02-28-2009, 11:06 AM
@ Lt Wolf-

That idea was canned awhile back, since all the CCP guys pretty much deserted the site other than me and da_man (occasionally M@RS).

If you were talking about M@RS' fanfic, "Sev's Fate" than I think there trying to get some artwork up on the CCP Forums (Can be found at General LiWar's site).
 Rinku
02-28-2009, 4:02 PM
@ Lt Wolf-

That idea was canned awhile back, since all the CCP guys pretty much deserted the site other than me and da_man (occasionally M@RS).

If you were talking about M@RS' fanfic, "Sev's Fate" than I think there trying to get some artwork up on the CCP Forums (Can be found at General LiWar's site).

I have been working on some stuff but don't want to release it until I have enough to create some buzz around here. Unfortunately I am really the only one working on it (that I know of) so it is taking a while (since I have lots of other thing that I do).

I wold love for this forum to live...The thing that drew me into this forum (even though RC is not for mac) was CCP but then it got all spammed by people and both of the threads got closed.

If somebody made a magnificent mod for this game that was a total-conversion (it would have the quality of the "Escape from Yavin" TC for JA) I am sure that it would get the forums started up at least for while.
 LordOfTheFish
02-28-2009, 4:25 PM
I would help you, but I have absolutely no artistic talent.

Not many people still play RC. I don't know that a total conversion would bring it back to life... But maybe.

I play RC on Xbox and I do not have live.
 Halo_92
03-01-2009, 4:17 AM
I remember when these forums still lived. Then I moved to RD, which got gayy.
Has anyone played killzone 2 yet?
 TSR
03-01-2009, 11:43 AM
Never forsore CCP getting as big as it did. Seeing as it started with someone messing on Photoshop.

Just for giggles and old times sake halo, it's probably because you went there.

No offence intended, just got a reputation to live up to mate. Kinda good to see you're still around though.
 LordOfTheFish
03-01-2009, 12:23 PM
Yeah, CCP was a really cool thread. Then some guys joined who really like to spam, and they pretty much ruined it.
 Lt Wolf
03-02-2009, 3:34 PM
Yeah, those ungreatful little butwipes. had to go and ruin it for all of us. like the idiot that took a pic of Phelps smoking pot. its like "hey, lets take a picture and absolutely RUIN this guys rep..." for us it was like "Hey, lets spam this forum till it gets locked and then the whole thing goes down!"
 LordOfTheFish
03-03-2009, 9:20 PM
Eh, it happens. You cant blame the mods for doing there duties, either.
 Lt Wolf
03-03-2009, 11:56 PM
naw, you can't. don't blame them. I blame the ppl. ;)
 Rinku
03-06-2009, 4:02 PM
agreed...
 TSR
03-07-2009, 8:52 PM
Eh, it happens. You cant blame the mods for doing there duties, either.

Lol, LF Mods. That was funny. You were implying they even do their duties properly in the first place.

Positive talk guys! I fired up the ol' RC on XBL afew days back and got my ass handed to me several times over. Apparently theres *still* people playing it. This is surely good news is it not?
 GeneralPloKoon
03-07-2009, 11:03 PM
Indeed, I started playing RC more regularly on Live(and to my surpirse won 90 percent of the matches!), but my 360 now has the RRoD, and I don't have acess to Live either...
 M@RS
03-07-2009, 11:46 PM
Lol, LF Mods. That was funny. You were implying they even do their duties properly in the first place.

lol

Positive talk guys! I fired up the ol' RC on XBL afew days back and got my ass handed to me several times over. Apparently theres *still* people playing it. This is surely good news is it not?

I'd say it's good news, it shows there's still interest in the game... And IF LA ever notices there's a chance of RC2 [/hopeful wishing]
 TSR
03-08-2009, 12:18 AM
And IF LA ever notices there's a chance of RC2 [/hopeful wishing]

It is LA...
 EnderWiggin
03-08-2009, 3:15 PM
I hope I still have enough time to vote Die.

_EW_
 LordOfTheFish
03-08-2009, 7:36 PM
Maybe I could find a cheap version for PC somewhere and we could have a LF match. I'd need some time with the controls though.
 GeneralPloKoon
03-08-2009, 8:22 PM
Maybe I could find a cheap version for PC somewhere and we could have a LF match. I'd need some time with the controls though.
I could do that, i think...
 M@RS
03-09-2009, 12:58 AM

Cheap? No problem... :xp:

Link (http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Republic-Commando-Pc/dp/B000VV9T7S/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1236574611&sr=8-1)

EDIT: I should also get the game, I've only played the demo... : /
 LordOfTheFish
03-09-2009, 10:34 AM
Great. I start reffing soccer games this weekend which is my only source of income, so I'll be having me some cash.
 Lt Wolf
03-09-2009, 11:01 AM
I hope I still have enough time to vote Die.

_EW_

uh... dude, not much voting going on. it was mainly a plan to attract some attention and see who's still posting around here... and to get some ideas on how to keep this place alive.
(not seeing much optimism from your vote, btw...)

anyways, i'll start asking around to see if my buds got their 'boxes, and maybe i'll get to jump on Live too. I'm sure I could get a team together to start getting some popularity out there.

and seeing that we all want to get online with it again anyway, how about a LFCommandos clan or something?
 Rinku
03-09-2009, 6:10 PM
If I get that new imac...I will get the game, since I can use an emulator on intel macs. Since it is not out for mac currently...and I think it will never come out on mac.
 M@RS
03-10-2009, 1:57 AM
If we were to do an LF Match why not an LF Clan? But, first I need to get the Demo to see how well I can run the game... I know my PC can run the game, but I'm fanatical about playing games at maximum settings, that's why the Crysis Demo drove me nuts... :xp:

EDIT: lol I just saw that Lt. Wolf asked about a clan as well...
 LordOfTheFish
03-10-2009, 10:49 PM
Sounds like a good idea to me.
 TSR
03-13-2009, 6:18 PM
We talking XBL or PC? Sadly, I don't think Mac is a popular enough platform, Padwon_link
 Rinku
03-13-2009, 7:40 PM
yeah...but thats what emulators or for...
 TSR
03-13-2009, 7:42 PM
I'm not dissing it bro, just that we gotta designate what we're gonna do exactly.
 LordOfTheFish
03-13-2009, 9:22 PM
PC, no XBL.
 M@RS
03-13-2009, 11:28 PM
I'd say PC as well... I don't have an Xbox anyways... And we all have PC's... :) And the game is cheap if you need to buy it...
 GeneralPloKoon
03-13-2009, 11:31 PM
Xbox Live? Somebody assumed multiple people even have an Xbox on these forums?! :p PC crazies around here, minus me and a few others, I got it on Xbox and PC! Yay!
 TSR
03-14-2009, 6:41 AM
So looks like PC is the dominant platform. I won't have access to the PC game for about another 2 months, so you guys are gonna have to deal this yourselves it seems :)
 CommanderQ
03-14-2009, 11:29 AM
Well, some might say PC is the future, just look at all the interesting stuff they've come up with...:D
 M@RS
03-15-2009, 11:13 AM
I'll probably be able to pick up RC tomorrow... :D Then I've got the whole week to play it (Spring break)...
 CommanderQ
03-15-2009, 11:46 AM
Spring break? Grrr...I'm jealous:D
 LordOfTheFish
03-15-2009, 11:49 AM
Me to CQ. Remember are little conversation 'bout where we go to school? Yeah, that's one of the downfalls...
 CommanderQ
03-15-2009, 11:50 AM
Yep, NO ESCAPE!:D
 TSR
03-15-2009, 11:57 AM
Borstal?
 Lt Wolf
03-16-2009, 10:07 AM
dang, I wish I was on spring break... i'd go chill at the mall and pick up some chicks. :D

and on the subject of the XBL vs PC, i was going to get it for my 360, but maybe I should just go with PC after all, seeing that thats what you guys are shooting for...
 M@RS
03-16-2009, 4:53 PM
Well I went and bought RC and LotR: Conquest... :D Can't wait to play... :)
Page: 1 of 2