Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Thoughts on MY class ideas

Page: 1 of 1
 shukkoku
02-08-2009, 9:28 PM
I was thinking that since a lot of attention is being given to classes , I thought that I would start a thread about my idea. Which being self indulgent, I want this thread to stay about my ideas until no one anything more to say about it.

my idea is that since there are two factions- republic and sith- that are much like the alliance and horde in WoW, there could be eight classes. Four to choose from on each side that would be very similar except that the faction would have an effect on the equipment and skills.

The republic could have jedi, mercenary, soldier, and scout.
jedi is well... a Jedi, enough said
mercenary could have light armor and a lot of offensive skills like stun, and party buffs
Soldier could use heavy armor and use strong powerful skills, except a lot of patriotic like buffs, like soldier of fortune, etc
Scout could use light armors and a lot of evading skills like stealth and tracking skills.

The sith empire could have darker versions of those with alterations here and there, sith, bounty hunter, enforcer, and assassin.
Sith is a dark jedi, duh
Bounty hunter could use more sinister skills than mercenary like poison, and tracking skills.
Enforcer could have more, well more forceful skills, like bludgeon, and blaster booster.
Assassin could have cruel quick killing skills, with a lot of recoil to balance them out.
 Tommycat
02-11-2009, 9:27 PM
No offense, but I sincerely hope they don't do as you have described. To give you some idea how little I like it, I'd rather take POST NGE SWG classes to that. Even they had more diversity.

You make it out as if being born to the Republic as opposed to Sith means you have to be a goody twoshoes. You essentially knocked the 8 classes into 4 classes. Even counting the non-glowstickraverwannabee as distinct classes you made the Jedi/Sith 1 shared class.

Like the Sith don't have soldiers. Like the Republic doesn't have Bounty hunters.
 shukkoku
02-12-2009, 9:13 PM
:(
no i'm just kidding, but you are actually quite right about those points. hmm
 Tommycat
02-13-2009, 12:15 AM
I kinda like the idea of the following classes:
1 Jedi/dark jedi - Kinda self explanatory.
2 Soldier - Heavy weaponry medium range
3 Scoundrel - sneaky stealth and surprise.
4 Beast Rider - pets
5 Engineer - droids(small droids) and defensive turrets.
6 Doctor - Healer
7 Bounty Hunter - spike damage long range.
8 Teras Kasi - high defense melee
 dswtor
08-12-2010, 7:49 PM
i hope they come out with a creature handler class. in the expansion of course.
Page: 1 of 1