Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Team-Krayt: Knights of the Old Republic Restoration Modification - Ressurected

Page: 1 of 1
 LadyRevan
02-07-2009, 4:13 PM
I’m sure this thread posting has sparked quite an interest in a lot of you so to start off I just want to say. Yes, yes this is what you think it is. SithRevan, my twin brother started the KotOR Restoration Project about 2 years ago and unfortunately due to circumstances that no one had foreseen he was unable to complete it rendering the project all but dead in the water. I want to say this before I continue any further though. This is not my brother’s modification merely a revival of it meaning that we are a new team with a slightly modified mission. With that being said let me go into more detail…

Hi everyone, I’m LadyRevan, like I said before up there I’m the late SithRevan’s twin. Ever since I was contacted by glovemaster, one of K1RP’s biggest contributors, I’ve been setting my sights on resurrecting K1RP. So may I be the first to announce our presence as Team-Krayt for K1RP-R. This modification is a slightly altered version of K1RP in that our team, with lots of luck and hard work, will be THE largest modification team ever assembled to modify KotOR. We also are different in the way we plan to do things. Since Sleheyron is already being done by SRP (The Sleheyron Restoration Project) we’re not going to be doing that rather we’re gonna be focusing our efforts more on fixing larger issues within the game like…

Tatooine Rakata Temple
The Cut Vulkar Base Modules
The Cut Shadowland Area’s on Kashyyk
Ect.

We’ll also be focusing on new things like adding in features that previously had been thought about when they were creating the game but just had never been implemented like Influence and Darkside transitions for all of the characters.

Our mission is to get all of this done within a healthy time span and to put out a good public build of the bigger issues within the modification first leaving the smaller issues to be dealt with after those have been taken care of.

With that all being said I officially declare this modification to be open for recruiting.

If you would like to find out more about the modification or it’s status you may visit the home of our modification at…

http://team-krayt.comyr.com)

Also we are now in the process of looking for modder's to fill the demands of this project. If you are interested please contact me at khk[dot]warchild[at]gmail[dot]com or PM me through the forum's private messaging system.

Thanks for your support everyone, let the new age of KotOR begin with us... :D
 Canderis
02-07-2009, 4:22 PM
If ya need me i am a skinner, module builder/npc placer, and .2da editor.
 HK-42
02-07-2009, 4:26 PM
snip

Good to know you are taking up your brothers mod. You will also need someone who can work on walkmeshes most likely though. I think the Rakata Temple has a nasty one.

And another cut place was: Czerka on Tatooine.-----sorry korriban
 Canderis
02-07-2009, 4:30 PM
And another cut place was: Czerka on Tatooine.

I thought it was korriban, none the less I actually have started restoring this myself (just some people as I got no clue as to what actually happens there).
 LordRevan999
02-07-2009, 4:31 PM
I just read at the site that you need a reskinner.Can I join if someone already hasn't taken the position?

Edit:And I can uti edit too.
 LadyRevan
02-07-2009, 4:36 PM
If ya need me i am a skinner, module builder/npc placer, and .2da editor.
Actually I need quite a few module architects/general modders. If you want to send me a sample of your work I'll look over it and we can get together and talk about you being part of the team. :)

Good to know you are taking up your brothers mod. You will also need someone who can work on walkmeshes most likely though. I think the Rakata Temple has a nasty one.

And another cut place was: Czerka on Tatooine.
Actually yes I do, I'm looking for fill the modification with at least one experienced modeler for every planet. :D
I thought it was korriban, none the less I actually have started restoring this myself (just some people as I got no clue as to what actually happens there).
It is. My brother was personally trying to recreate that one from scratch unfortunately though that was a tough one to get right. He eventually gave up and I guess the work got deleted or something.

I just read at the site that you need a reskinner.Can I join if someone already hasn't taken the position?

Edit:And I can uti edit too.
We're actually looking for people who can both reskin and model... modeling also being a requirement for that position. If you are able to model fairly well we might be able to use you.

We could however use you if you know how to edit modules and modify things on a general scale within the module.

Also, to everyone, please PM me if your interested in a position within the team so we can keep the thread at a relatively small size. Thanks. :D
 LordRevan999
02-07-2009, 4:38 PM
 HK-42
02-07-2009, 4:40 PM
You can see my work here.
http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/developer/LordRevan999;25590)

You forgot the work you did on Ryloth and Ansion.;)
 Sith Holocron
02-07-2009, 5:02 PM
My belated condolences on your family's loss.

As stated by others in this thread, glad to see this K1 work is being continued. I particularly look forward to seeing the Tatooine Temple restored. (The walkmeshes were the thing that have stopped anyone else from attempting it, apparently.) For illustrative purposes, here's a link discussing it: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=190960&highlight=temple)
 Lord of Hunger
02-07-2009, 9:23 PM
My condolences as well. Very happy to see not only Sleheyron RP in production, but this project resurrected too. If you need a storyline consultant, let me know.
 Miltiades
02-07-2009, 9:53 PM
Good decision leaving out Sleheyron (even if it's because a project restoring Sleheyron is already in the making). I think it was a bit too ambitious to include in a big KotOR restoration project, with other things (such as the Tatooine Rakata Temple) requiring almost as much effort. Now, there's more time to focus on things other than Sleheyron.

Plan very well, and good luck!
 Christos K
02-08-2009, 5:33 AM
I too am happy to see this mod ressurected. It sounds ver promising. And btw can someone give me a link to where the Sleheyron project can be found?
 zbyl2
02-08-2009, 5:45 AM
Glad to see project is alive again :thmbup1:
Just one thing, your site. You should change text color, it's almost impossible to read red text with black background... And it kinda hurts my eyes.
 DarthParametric
02-08-2009, 8:12 AM
Interesting. You have your work cut out for you by the sounds of things.

You should change text color, it's almost impossible to read red text with black background... And it kinda hurts my eyes.Yes, it is pretty nasty. For such sites this may be of interest - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/5758)
 Master_ Tyvokka
02-08-2009, 12:10 PM
Yes, good luck to the team this sounds like a solid mod for K1.
 LadyRevan
02-08-2009, 12:31 PM
Well unfortunately I have some bad news. I am going to be unable to complete this modification due to the fact that somethings have come up that will prevent me from taking on the scope of this modification... those being that I just don't think I have it in myself, after speaking with Darth InSidious about it.

I extend my deepest and most sincere apologies to all of you for inspiring false hope and I just hope that you can all forgive me.

If a moderator could lock this thread or delete it I'd appreciate it, thanks.

Sorry again everyone.
 TriggerGod
02-08-2009, 12:34 PM
You don't necessarily have to lead the team, another more experienced modder could attempt this mod with the team. Maybe keep it open in case someone else takes the helm of the restoration effort for K1. I'd hate to see this die...
 LadyRevan
02-08-2009, 12:37 PM
That's fine. If someone wishes to take it over, please, by all means, I'd love to see this project go somewhere. :)

I think Darth InSidious said that he and a couple other people have been still continuing their work though so I don't know.
 Christos K
02-09-2009, 11:02 AM
This is sad news but I still have hope. I am sure someone would atleast like to participate in the mod. Sorry to say I cant mod besides UTC, UTI and some 2DA editing.
But there are people that know more than me obviously.
 disbeliever
02-09-2009, 11:11 AM
That died quickly. Hope someone picks it up.

Closed on request of OP. Note to Op you may ask for this to be re-opened if you change your mind. ;) -RH
Page: 1 of 1