Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Help with Editing Weapons

Page: 1 of 1
 neomade
01-30-2009, 1:36 PM
I have a question: Where do i edit a weapon's stats? Like damage, special abilities, etc.
And also, how can i change the projectile and sounds for a particular weapon?
For example: Thake Sithspecter's Desert Eagle. I would like to edit it's projectile to look more like a bullet. And most important, change those damn boring blaster sounds and add real desert eagle sounds.
Does anyone have an idea?
i tried to start by adding a new row to ammuniniontypes.2da, but there are too many variables and files to be modifed/added and i don't know where to start cause i don't really know about weapon/armor modifying...
 RedHawke
02-02-2009, 6:49 AM
Split from the URM thread, it is best to ask these kinds of things in their own threads instead of posting in a long dead thread (at least until Sithspecter picks the mod up again). ;)
 Felic
02-02-2009, 7:35 AM
Base stats are in the BIFs > 2da.bif > baseitems.2da file:

- numdice is how many dice
- dietoroll is the # of sides on each dice

For example, short lightsabers have 2 numdice and 8 dietoroll so the base damage is 2-16 (2d8 or 2 rolls of an 8 sided dice).

Bonus stats and upgrades are in the item's UTI file (under Properties tab) which are found using KT under BIFs > templates.bif > Blueprint, Item.

Easiest way to find the name of the UTI file you need is to use KSE which will show you a list of available inventory items. You can also use KT's search tool.
Page: 1 of 1