Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

How to set item upgrade-ability?

Page: 1 of 1
 Felic
01-28-2009, 9:39 PM
Hi again. I cannot figure out how to allow an item to have underlay upgrades like Jedi Robes. I compared Basic Clothing to Jedi Robe in baseitems.2da, but could not find the difference. It doesn't seem to be Upgrade Level in the UTI file either as that is the same as well. I just put the upgrades I wanted in Properties, but would still like to know how to set the upgrade options for an item.

Also, what is Palette ID in the UTI file?

Thanks again for any help.
 Star Admiral
01-28-2009, 9:57 PM
Not sure if I should be explaining this, as that might be seen as game porting, but you should check out this tutorial (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=144452).

- Star Admiral
 Felic
01-28-2009, 10:44 PM
Thanks for the pointer. It's for personal use, not distribution.

Since I can't post on that page (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=144452), I'm replying here in hopes that someone can answer. I followed the directions for "Making your newly added items upgradeable at the WorkBench." I opened my item which has Basic Clothing as the Base Item, and changed the Upgrade Level to 1. It will not stick if I save. I checked the Jedi Robe I upgraded and it is set to 0 too. I opened a bunch of other items and they are all set to 0 so I'm thinking those directions were for KotOR1, as a lot of the tutorials seem to be.

EDIT: M'kay, figured this one out, the field to set armor type, and hence upgradability, is Body Variation, not Upgrade Level. Weird thing though, while it works on 90sk's Handmaiden's Jumpsuit which is Basic Clothing type, I can't get it to work for my item which is of the same Base Item type. Still trying to figure out why a Jedi Robe can take Biorestorative Underlay and not Armorweave Underlay when they're both the same upgrade type in upgrade.2da. And still wondering what Palette ID is. Anyone?
 RedHawke
01-29-2009, 6:01 AM
I believe some upgrades are tagged to be for Robes and Armor and some just for Armor, check the uti files of the upgrades, they might have something in them that restricts them from being used on robes. Just a guess... it has been a while. ;)

Edit: Just looked at that tut of mine and I believe you have to set the upgrade type to a 4 for your robe or clothing item to be able to use all the upgrades, including the ones only for heavy armors (Most all my robes are set to a 2 if I recall correctly). Hope this helps. :D
 Felic
01-29-2009, 6:15 AM
Thanks, I did check for those, but could not find anything obvious to me. It's not in the upgrade's properties.

EDIT: I had tried setting to 1 or 2, just tried 4 and still doesn't work. Nevermind, not worth the bother, I used item properties instead. It works for other items, I'll just call this one a fluke. :D
Page: 1 of 1