Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Planet Information

Page: 1 of 1
 HK-42
01-22-2009, 4:21 PM
Just wondering, how do you add information to a planet on the galaxy map? Do I have to make a dialog.tlk edit?(I think there is a tut on how to do that) or can I hit add string(in KGFF) and type the text somewhere like on module names and quest entrys? If it is that, where?

This would be much appreciated.;)
 Marius Fett
01-22-2009, 4:23 PM
Editing the dialog.tlk file is the quickest and easiest way to EDIT entries. :)
 HK-42
01-22-2009, 4:24 PM
Editing the dialog.tlk file is the quickest and easiest way to EDIT entries. :)

Ok, thanks. But can you add to it or just edit it? Off to check the tutorials....

EDIT: Nothing on dialog.tlk

EDIT2: Where is the dialog.tlk I dont see it in Ktool.
 Star Admiral
01-22-2009, 4:31 PM
To add the description, open up the planetary.2da file in KT. If you haven't already done so, add your planet to the list. Once you have, the numbers in the name and description columns refer to the locations in the dialog.tlk file. Use stoffe's TLKEditor to open up the dialog.tlk file in your main KOTOR directory, create a new entry, type in your description, and then put the number reference in the dialog.tlk file into the planetary.2da file.

- Star Admiral
 HK-42
01-22-2009, 4:54 PM
To add the description, open up the planetary.2da file in KT. If you haven't already done so, add your planet to the list. Once you have, the numbers in the name and description columns refer to the locations in the dialog.tlk file. Use stoffe's TLKEditor to open up the dialog.tlk file in your main KOTOR directory, create a new entry, type in your description, and then put the number reference in the dialog.tlk file into the planetary.2da file.

- Star Admiral

Ok, I edited the dialog.tlk, and put in the planetary.2da(didnt really need to since im editing Live Planet 3.) I edited the strings referenced in the 2da(42503, 42509) and saved it, put it in the SWKotOR folder(not override). However it didnt work and when I open the planet on the map its still blank.

Anyideas?
 Star Admiral
01-22-2009, 4:59 PM
Are you using Vista?

- Star Admiral
 HK-42
01-22-2009, 5:00 PM
Are you using Vista?

- Star Admiral

Yea.
 Star Admiral
01-22-2009, 5:08 PM
Did you run the TLKEditor as an administrator? Performing any direct edit on a file within the Program Files folder requires admin access, something older programs usually forget to ask for when editing the file.

- Star Admiral
 HK-42
01-22-2009, 5:10 PM
Did you run the TLKEditor as an administrator? Performing any direct edit on a file within the Program Files folder requires admin access, something older programs usually forget to ask for when editing the file.

- Star Admiral

Yea, the changed saved right, and im a admin.
 Star Admiral
01-22-2009, 5:24 PM
Strange. I edited the description for Dantooine as a test, and it worked. Okay. You edited the dialog.tlk file and saved it into your main KOTOR directory. When you saved it over, did Vista pop up its usual User Account Control message? Open up the dialog.tlk in your main KOTOR directory. Are the changes you made still in it? Check the Windows Explorer toolbar menus while you are in the main KOTOR directory. Is there a button for Compatibility Files? If so, click into it and see if there is a dialog.tlk file within that folder.

- Star Admiral
 HK-42
01-22-2009, 5:28 PM
Yea the changes are still saved, and no the UAC didnt pop up because I disabled it.:rolleyes: stupid thing it is.
And I had already checked compatibility folder, it is not there.
Page: 1 of 1