Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Dialog Problem

Page: 1 of 1
 HK-42
01-20-2009, 6:17 PM
Strange Problem: I edited a invisible placeable, then changed the conversation to a_invsland.dlg. I spawned the placeable but when ever I click on it the dialog dosen't launch.

Quick Pic:
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r73/DarthGrivis/landspeeder.jpg)

Anyidea's whats wrong.

If it matters I edited the boarding placeable at the ebon hawk in Davik's Palace.
 Canderis
01-20-2009, 6:37 PM
Did you double check you named it right?
 HK-42
01-20-2009, 6:39 PM
Did you double check you named it right?

Triple
 Star Admiral
01-20-2009, 9:13 PM
Two things. One, are there any conditionals in the dialog? If no dialog branch is valid, no dialog will launch. Two, are you sure your character can access the placeable, i.e., nothing is blocking it? Try moving the invisible placeable a little bit forward, because sometimes it looks like there is nothing in between you and the placeable, but the game engine thinks there is.

And I almost forgot, you did put the dialog file inside either the Override folder or packaged it into the relevant module file?

- Star Admiral
 HK-42
01-20-2009, 9:58 PM
Two things. One, are there any conditionals in the dialog? If no dialog branch is valid, no dialog will launch. Two, are you sure your character can access the placeable, i.e., nothing is blocking it? Try moving the invisible placeable a little bit forward, because sometimes it looks like there is nothing in between you and the placeable, but the game engine thinks there is.

And I almost forgot, you did put the dialog file inside either the Override folder or packaged it into the relevant module file?

- Star Admiral

1. No scripts actually all the files is:
Owner: Testing
PC: Test?
Owner: Test

2. I'll try that real fast expect a edit. EDIT: No luck.

3. In Module file like I always do :D
 Star Admiral
01-20-2009, 10:30 PM
Open up the placeable in KT and go to the Scripts tab. Is there an entry in the OnUsed textbox? If not, compile the following code and put the script name into that box.

void main() {
ActionStartConversation( GetFirstPC() );
}

EDIT: Change OBJECT_SELF to GetFirstPC(). Stupid me.

- Star Admiral
 HK-42
01-20-2009, 10:36 PM
Open up the placeable in KT and go to the Scripts tab. Is there an entry in the OnUsed textbox? If not, compile the following code and put the script name into that box.

void main() {
ActionStartConversation( OBJECT_SELF );
}

- Star Admiral

Thanks Star Admiral. It worked. :D
Page: 1 of 1