Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Kotor Tool, TSL and me... (?)editting ingame item(s)

Page: 1 of 1
 FrostyDHM
01-17-2009, 1:53 PM
This thread is about me editting the Bronze color crystal in Kotor tool and not getting the desired results and looking for assistance.

Ok, I tried KT for the first time. I wanted to play with the Bronze crystal just to try KT out (since Bronze is not really doing anything, anyway).

I went into BIF/templates/blueprint, Item and chose u_l_colo_10.uti. Double clicked it, went to properties, clicked the * and double clicked the black arrow.

I selected Damage Bonus under Property name, subtype Fire and 2d10 for Value. I tried it once with and once without Upgrade required: Barab cystal.

then clicked add

Then I double clicked the new * under my previous entry.

Property name I chose Damage Resist

Subtype Cold

Value Resist 5/-

then clicked add

I lightly editted the discription both times with various things, nothing out of the ordinary.

Then I saved to desktop under u_l_colo_10 and I add .uti = u_l_colo_10.uti

I copy it and drop it my override, then KSE it into my game. When I load the game it has the description change, and has bonus damage, but its not correct. The bonus was the same both time: 1d10 fire, +5 darkside (not what I selected).

What is going on?
 Star Admiral
01-17-2009, 6:29 PM
I'm not sure why it behaves that way, but I've noticed that adding properties to the color crystals usually doesn't work. Either the bonuses do not show up at all or they are wrong. The best way to add properties for one lightsaber color only is to edit the properties of the corresponding lightsaber. For TSL, that would be the g_w_lghtsbrxx.uti series of files. Otherwise, you can create a new power crystal that all lightsabers can use.

- Star Admiral
 FrostyDHM
01-17-2009, 6:58 PM
...for the heads-up, Admiral. I should have guested the one item I picked would be a poor choice. I will give the saber a try and see what the results are. Hopefully, this will not be continued. ;)
 RedHawke
01-20-2009, 2:41 AM
As this is more a modding related topic moving to Holowan Labs...
Page: 1 of 1