Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Kazden Paratus: Sith Master Difficulty

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth_Yuthura
01-05-2009, 5:34 PM
Alright, is there ANY means outside of leveling up that this boss can be beaten in Sith Master difficulty? I'm constantly told that lightning-based attacks are key to taking Paratus out, but he simply... cheats. There is almost no means for me to use the lightsaber at all and lightning alone simply doesn't inflict enough damage to even get to the 1/3 health checkpoint save.

Am I just not doing something right, or is this character really defying the rules? Just beating him in Sith Lord difficulty is taxing enough as it is, but sith master? Thanks.
 Shem
01-06-2009, 3:55 AM
There is almost no means for me to use the lightsaber at all and lightning alone simply doesn't inflict enough damage to even get to the 1/3 health checkpoint save.It sounds like you're doing this on either the Xbox 360, or the PS3 (it always helps to include what game console you're talking about so people will know how or if they can help you). Lightning based attacks are the way to do it, so you're correct there. Well, I've beaten it on Sith Master difficulty (twice now actually) so I'm here to tell you how I beat him.

Here is how you need to change your strategy - of course you should have focused on your lightning power and max it out before you take on the Jedi Master. If you need to, go back and complete the TIE Factory and Raxus Prime levels again to get more experience points and make your PC stronger.

Make sure you lock on the character and keep it that way. It does help in a situation like this to change your options where instead of holding the lock on button, you just have to toggle it and when you want to release the lock on the character, hit the button again so you don't have to worry about it so much and focus more on your opponent.

If you haven't mastered this part yet, learn to get comfortable with using your dash button when you're locked on a character. You will make quick moves to avoid them, which is very important when facing Kazden. Once you get familiar with the move, make sure he charges at you and hit him with lightning. Once you deplete it and you're waiting for your Force meter to recharge, dodge him by backing up and using the dash button and repeat. As soon as he goes to make the Junk Titan, release the lock and then take on the Titan.

Remember the key to taking out opponents in a game such as this is figuring out the patterns they use and use them to "your" advantage.

If you have any other questions, let me know.
 Darth_Yuthura
01-06-2009, 9:08 AM
So essencially, there is no means to beat him with a lightsaber? I have done the strategy to use lightning to depletion, dodging while recharging and hitting him with it again. Thanks for the 'lock on' advice. I never really knew you could do that... I kept hitting those droids that were welded to the council seats with lightning and couldn't even throw them at the mangy *****.

Thanks.
 Shem
01-06-2009, 10:19 AM
Thanks for the 'lock on' advice. I never really knew you could do that...That is why it is important when playing a game not to get too comfortable with your favorite things that work for you early. Exploring your options and moves really helps you figure out what you can accomplish.

The lock-on ability really does help against some opponents, especially in a one-on-one situation. Kazden Paratus is one of them. Others bosses would be Shadow Guards, Proxy's Darth Maul, and Darth Vader.

Locking-on an opponent makes you quicker. You will notice that no matter how you move, you're going to be facing them even if you backpedal. The funniest one to do it against is Vader because he's so slow. It helps make quick work out of the cyborg Sith Lord. You will need that advantage when facing him on the Death Star.

Anyway, let me know how that turned out for you.
 DarthYuugi
01-06-2009, 11:12 AM
Like Any Enemy or real life situation Force Lighting Pwn's evrything :xp:
 Darth_Yuthura
01-15-2009, 12:31 PM
Well it's been some time, but I tried and naturally did VERY badly. Even when I inflate the stats, he simply doesn't abide by the rules. He always counters every other Force power, besides lightning. Any lightning combos are also countered or prevented, he knocks me on my back and never falls himself, and I can never block his force powers.

The same thing goes with the Shadow Guard... nothing works except gripping another object and throwing it. Am I just not doing combos correctly, or is there some means in which to block incoming enemy force powers like they do? Thanks.

Is it just me, or is Sith Master difficulty a huge leap up from Sith Lord? Sith Lord is fairly easy, but Master is WAY too high for me.
 Shem
01-15-2009, 10:28 PM
Yes, it has been a long time. I figured since you didn't say anything, you figured it out and moved on. Did you try locking on him and use your speed to avoid him when you're recharging your powers? If you did, what's going on?

Yes, Sith Master is a whole new ball game. It makes Sith Lord seem like a pansy difficulty level. If you advance past Kazdan Peradus, you're going to find out that he was a walk in the park compare to some of the other bosses you will encounter. I still think Darth Sidious was the hardest opponent I've ever went up against.
 Darth_Yuthura
01-15-2009, 11:55 PM
I still think Darth Sidious was the hardest opponent I've ever went up against.

Maybe I can lend some advice for this one... saber block. Each time Sideous tries to blast you, block with the lightsaber and after you stopped the attack, press block again. This turns his own Force energy against himself with no effort at all by the player. You don't have to lock on or even move to avoid his shots. The key is that you can literally beat him just by watching his hands and timing your blocks so you can turn his own lightning against him(Mace Windu come to mind?). Leave your guard down until just before he strikes, otherwise it doesn't work.

When he cheats and makes himself invincible so he could throw those four canisters at you, Force repulse to throw them out of his grip.

Anyway, I appreciate the advice, but just don't want to bother with wasting countless hours trying to beat something like this. Vader is much the same way, so if I can barely beat him in Sith Lord, I'm not going to try Master anymore. I just don't know how you beat their defenses or why these bosses are immune to your own attacks. My problem comes from trying to avoid Kazden's powers, which are significant to your health, and barely scratching him even when I do score direct hits. I'm just not going to try anymore, but thanks for the advice.
 Shem
01-16-2009, 3:03 PM
Maybe I can lend some advice for this one... saber block. Each time Sideous tries to blast you, block with the lightsaber and after you stopped the attack, press block again. This turns his own Force energy against himself with no effort at all by the player. You don't have to lock on or even move to avoid his shots. The key is that you can literally beat him just by watching his hands and timing your blocks so you can turn his own lightning against him(Mace Windu come to mind?). Leave your guard down until just before he strikes, otherwise it doesn't work.

When he cheats and makes himself invincible so he could throw those four canisters at you, Force repulse to throw them out of his grip.I appreciate your advice, but all those things you told me are things I know. You will see how Sidious can be way more difficult on Sith Master if you are able to get there using those techniques.

Anyway, I appreciate the advice, but just don't want to bother with wasting countless hours trying to beat something like this. Vader is much the same way, so if I can barely beat him in Sith Lord, I'm not going to try Master anymore.Vader is easy if you know what you're doing. The simplest way to beat him is to block until he does his red-shielded Force Push. Immediately get directly behind him when he charges it then after he releases the push, attack him with a lethal combo and repeat. If he grips you just get out of it and if you're good enough, time it to start swinging at him just before you land as he won't block you.

If you use the simply technique that I told you about with Vader's Force Push and if you're patient enough, you shouldn't lose much health.

The second part where he throws those big boulders at you. Throw the ones one the sides of the walls as him first. If you hit him with one, he's stunned. Then throw another one. The best was to do this part is to have the Ruusan power crystal installed in your lightsaber as it costs less Force energy to use it which helps as you keep throwing stuff at Vader. You'll barely have enough to throw at him before hitting stage three of the fight in Sith Master. Then of course in stage three, repeat the steps in stage one.

I just don't know how you beat their defenses or why these bosses are immune to your own attacks. My problem comes from trying to avoid Kazden's powers, which are significant to your health, and barely scratching him even when I do score direct hits. I'm just not going to try anymore, but thanks for the advice.Just remember that it can be done what you were trying to accomplish. The key is to learn the weaknesses of each boss. I practiced against them all countless times until I mastered each one on Apprentice difficulty (I used that difficulty so I can make mistakes trying out new strategies and not pay for them at the time for practice sake) before doing the Sith Master so when I did Sith Master, I was ready for them.
 Darth_Yuthura
03-02-2009, 6:41 PM
Well I FINALLY found an attack... or rather sequence of attacks that works very well.

With the exception of raw Force lightning, Paratus seems to be immune to everything else. There is one tactic I found to work almost every time: Aerial Assault followed by a push push. When locked on to him(R1), jump into the air (A) and dash at him (L1). He will block this attack, but quickly follow that with Force Push (B). This will often knock him on his back and give you some time to recover Force energy before you go at him again.
 Shem
03-02-2009, 6:51 PM
Well, I'm glad you got past him. Now I'll wait until you ask for help against Shaak Ti. :xp:
 Darth_Yuthura
03-02-2009, 7:04 PM
Yeah, I spent all these weeks trying to beat him and will spend another several until I finally get through it all... I've given up on that a long time ago. When it's no longer entertaining, then that's when to stop.

Besides, I would have gotten through all the other bosses, but then realize Vader's stats are even more impossible than Paratus'. I'm just putting it away and not going to sacrifice all that effort for nothing.
 Klw
08-02-2009, 1:01 PM
I beat Kazdan Paratus on Sith Master without losing hardly any health at all. Here's how:

His only weakness is lightning. The trick is to get him to be vulnerable to lightning a lot, instead of just waiting for him not to block. You can accomplish this easily by throwing him out of the arena when you shock him. He is vulnerable to force lightning for a few seconds after he returns.

Step 1: Shock him by tapping the force lightning button two or three times.
Step 2: Force grip him while he’s stunned and throw him out of the arena.
Step 3: Go to the left side of the arena to avoid his shock wave when he returns.
Step 4: Repeat steps 1-3 until he summons a junk titan or dies.

If you execute this plan perfectly, he literally WILL NOT GET A HIT ON YOU the entire time. I tried this strategy on Sith Master Difficulty, and he only hit me maybe three times in between "shock, lift, throw" sequences. For the junk titans: be aware that if you jump in a circle around the titan without getting close, it can't hit you and you can slowly shock it to death at your leisure by holding down the button.

One of the good things about this method is that if you fire off the lightning a split second too late and Kazdan Paratus tries to force push you, you have a very high chance of getting into a force lock with him that is extremely easy to win (Tip: You can pretty much guarantee the fore lock by spamming the lightning button when it looks like he’s about to go for the push.). When you win the force lock, he'll be thrown out of the arena just like you wanted to do in the first place, and your perfect "shock, lift, throw" sequence will keep on going.

Also, remember to stand behind the far left pillar when he throws junk at you.

To any future readers: Good luck!
Page: 1 of 1