Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

How to add "stealth field generator" to an item?

Page: 1 of 1
 Drunkside
01-02-2009, 10:10 AM
Yeah thats basically what i need to know. Id like to add it to an armor im making, so if anyone could help me in any way i would be grateful.
 Stream
01-02-2009, 12:19 PM
I might be wrong, and by might I mean probably am, but I think that's declared through something like base item in the .uti file. It's been a while since I've looked through any uti's and I haven't got either game installed on this machine so I can't check.

--Stream
 Star Admiral
01-02-2009, 12:40 PM
Nope, you're right. There is an entry for stealth field generators in the baseitems.2da. Unfortunately, I don't think it's possible to add it to an armor. Unless someone else knows how, I think you're best bet is to add a stealth skill bonus to your armor.

- Star Admiral
 Drunkside
01-02-2009, 12:44 PM
Im quite sure that it has been done before... Hmm just dont remember where i have seen it. Maybe it was a dream?:xp: I think it had something to do with the Juhaniґs "feat" that allowed her to sneak without a generator. I think it was really a script that could be added but i dont know how to add it, or what the script is:p
 Star Admiral
01-02-2009, 1:03 PM
Hm, you could try adding an Activate Item that triggers the spell SPECIAL_ABILITY_CAMOFLAGE (if it's for K1). The problem is that I'm not sure if an armor can be accessed as a usable item. As for the scripts, I know that stoffe made one for the High Level Force Powers mod. Check it out, but you'll need to get permission if you take the script outright.

- Star Admiral
 redrob41
01-02-2009, 3:33 PM
I think it had something to do with the Juhaniґs "feat" that allowed her to sneak without a generator.

That's done with a "hide item". Basically there are hidden item slots on creatures and characters where items can be equipped, but don't appear visible in-game. For Juhani, she has a hidden stealth field generator belt. Most creatures have hide items on thier hands so that they can, for example, poison people on attack. I used the same technique for my Species Specific Feats (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=183411) mod (thread for how I did it (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=181550), thanks to Stoffe).

I've tried adding the generator to a clothing item before, and it didn't work. Maybe try adding a base item that references the armour column (model C for example) instead of a belt.
 Drunkside
01-03-2009, 1:49 PM
It is for k1, and sorry for my pure ignorance, but i couldnt understand almost anything the thread said... Does it mean that it is possible to make such a script that equips a stealth field generator into a hidden slot when i equip the armor and its removed when the armor is removed?

I feel so stupid right now....:xp:
 redrob41
01-03-2009, 9:53 PM
No, I was trying to explain how Juhani is able to go into stealth mode without a stealth field generator belt. I included the link to the other thread to show how that is done, but I guess I just cluttered up the ideas of how to solve your question. Sorry.

I don't think that you'd be able to add and remove a "hide item" when you equip or unequip armour. I was thinking that you could try to add a new item to the baseitems.2da that has the properties of a stealth belt, but was actually armour. I haven't tried it myself, but you could probably do a search to find a helpful thread or tutorial.
 ForeverNight
01-04-2009, 12:38 PM
What about looking at the "How to create your own energy shield" tut?

In there it tells you how to set up an item to be a usable item, then you add the Activate Item property and that should do it...

I would think at least.
 Drunkside
01-04-2009, 2:30 PM
Would it be possible to trigger stealth that way? hmm.... Or maybe i just make it so that it has an energy shield installed with the armor and just add the stealth bonus.
Page: 1 of 1