Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[CC] An Unlikely Alliance

Page: 1 of 1
 Black Knight of Keno
12-20-2008, 3:08 PM
Fore milleniae the Jedi Archives have been the greatest deposit of information found anywhere in the Galaxy. It is filled with records of defeats and victories in wars, reports of Jedi missions as well as having legends of the different species and cultures spread throughout the Galaxy. The vast vaults of history and knowledge would take several human lifetimes to even browse through, tens if investigated thoroughly.

One of the less known missions of the Jedi was made during the Dark Wars, when the Sith Empire re-emerged from beyond the Rim and began to pummel the Republic into submission. The Republic had just faced not only the Mandalorians, but also the New Sith Empire twice; as run by Revan and Malak and then by the Sith Triumvirate. The Republic was weak and the newly re-established Jedi Order had not managed to gather it's numbers enough to be any kind of a force against the invading ancient enemy. The mission was a long range scouting mission near to the ocean world of Manaan. The Jedi task force of three Jedi Knights was discovered, however, and forced to crash land on Manaan. Although they had the information that the Republic required, they had no way of getting it safely to the Republic. That is, before the Order of Shasa intervened and after a long negotiation they agreed to get the Jedi a transport. The transport happened to be an old modified Quartermaster-class supply carrier in the command of a Matukai and his apprentice. Due to the knowledge of the Sith being a force of destruction in the Galaxy, the Matukai agreed to ship the Jedi to their nearest Temple that had a Council present. One of the Selkath of the Order of Shasa also requested to come due to the Sith threatening Manaan's neutrality and stability. Thus started the great escape from the Sith forces that were in hot pursuit and the course was set for the rebuilt Jedi Enclave on Dantooine.

As so, the group of six became the crew of the modified Quartermaster, which was named the Wanderer due to the Matukai being nothing but. The ship was modified to be heavily armed and had it's usually large hold modified into compartments not only for recreation, training, study and more comfortable sleeping quarters, but also to hold a single Aurek tactical strikefighter in a makeshift hangar. When launched, the Aurek would drop down from the bottom of the ship, just in front of the engines.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/0/05/PraetorianGuardsQuartermaster-KOTORCG-101.jpg)

If you have any interest in this RP, feel free to reserve positions. The spots are for now:
Matukai Adept: Black Knight of Keno
Matukai Apprentice:
Jedi Knight #1:
Jedi Knight #2:
Jedi Knight #3:
Selkath:

There can be passengers and further apprentices to any of the Force-using sects later on. If there's enough interest, I'll post profile skeletons so you can fill your reservation(s).
 Jedi_Man
12-20-2008, 8:53 PM
Sure I'll Join!!
Name: Sam Umark
Jedi Knight 1
Weapons : Two Lightsabers, both Cyan color, and a Mandalorian Heavy Pistol, Modified to holdout pistol size.
Story: A Jedi in training up until last year, he was Enjoying some Good Tarisian Ale ( synthesized) when he was invited to join some one in need of help. He was drunk, so he agreed, and now he is traveling the universe.
Skills: Master Sword/Lightsaber fighter, Expert shot, and a good pilot.
 Black Knight of Keno
12-23-2008, 3:47 AM
That's it? Is that all the support this gathers? I find your lack of faith disturbing. :p
 Fredi
12-23-2008, 12:10 PM
I'm in, give me time to make a nice Bio of the Jedi Knight #2 :D
 Blessиd Sith
01-06-2009, 3:07 PM
Just wondering if this is still open? I'm back to the forums and wanna rp... and yours sounds really interesting....

(Don't mind the name, I'm no longer Sith :D)
 Writer
01-06-2009, 7:00 PM
Well, it's been a while since I've really ventured a look inside the casting calls... BKK, if you're still interested in kicking this off, I'll take the Matukai apprentice. Read up on the Matukai a bit and I'm intrigued :)
 Blessиd Sith
01-06-2009, 9:30 PM
I've been working on a Jedi charrie, but have been having troubles fitting together all the different parts of her.

I saw this, and read up on the Matukai and just went O________O!! because its pretty much exactly what I was going for and just couldn't put together, lol. A few differences, but nothing major (and those differences actually really work out for her, lol).

So I really do hope we go with this! I'd love to resume rping here ^__^
 Fredi
01-06-2009, 9:49 PM
I am making my character. I hope to have it done for tomorrow.
 Black Knight of Keno
01-07-2009, 12:56 PM
I'm still lurking about. I'll start it up when your characters are up.
 Writer
01-07-2009, 6:49 PM
I'll try to get a character assembled by tomorrow. Friday at the latest.
 Blessиd Sith
01-07-2009, 10:20 PM
I'll have my charrie up soon -- I kinda have her, but I want to make sure she's tweaked and ready to go ^____^
 Writer
01-08-2009, 7:20 PM
Hey, Blessed Sith, I had a question... did you intend your character to be the apprentice character? I wrote mine up as the apprentice, but I also have a backup backstory written in case you wanted to claim that part, in which my character is also a Matukai adept. Let me know your choice and I'll post my character sometime tomorrow...
 Blessиd Sith
01-08-2009, 10:30 PM
I can be a Jedi, it's cool.

Her backstory is that she was raised Matukai, but she went to the Jedi to learn more and to be part of the bigger picture (she's a bit of an idealist o_o), so she *is* actually a Jedi, now....

That's alright, right?
 Black Knight of Keno
01-09-2009, 10:48 AM
Aye, it's cool
 Writer
01-10-2009, 2:00 PM
BKK, I'm sending you a PM with a rough sketch of my character's bio, 'cuz if I'm gonna be your apprentice, we'll need to agree on how we met and certain things that have happened during training thus far...
 Black Knight of Keno
01-12-2009, 1:52 PM
Name: Kouhun
Species: Nautolan
Appearance: http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/thumb/1/19/Jak_Legacy_14.jpg/250px-Jak_Legacy_14.jpg)

Kouhun is taller than the average Nautolan, measuring up to 1.9 meters. He is slightly bulkier also as far as muscles go even though his moves are still just as subtle and flexible as any Matukai. His usual appearance is more towards comfort than anything else, but often when training or when on official business has the traditional Matukai robes or a weighted set of Matukai robes to increase the required concentration during missions and training as well as to train full muscle control. Kouhun is one of the many green Nautolans and like all Nautolans has fourteen tendrils on his head, decorated with several more or less traditional rings wrapped around them. When on a planet where water is scarce or the atmosphere is irritating, he wears a mask similar to the Kel Dor masks in order to provoke fear and awe, thus limiting possible hostilities.
Weaponry: Wan-shen and he himself
Bio: Kouhun was quite literally born into Matukai, as he was the son of two Matukai adepts and as so got involved with the practice at a very early age. He was not originally named Kouhun, but rejected his old name once his parents were killed on a mission to create peace on a distant world in the Outer Rim. He instead opted for the legacy of the Kouhuns, a small, silent, and fast centipedelike species that were capable of delivering a fatal and quick-acting neurotoxin through their bite, as well as a nonfatal but nonetheless painful sting from their tails, not much alike the Matukai adept and their Wan-shen. At the age of 24 he finished finally his training under a family friend who gifted him an Aurek fighter for his travels. During the course of five years the new Adept found several worlds that would otherwise have gone unnoticed on the star charts and acted silently to observe and record the species he found for others of the Matukai who would stumble upon the species. After the five years had gone by, Kouhun found a drifting Quartermaster in the wake of a pirate attack on Republic shipping lanes. During the course of a year the Matukai repaired the vessel in secrecy, modified it with whatever weapons he could salvage from the battles that ravaged the Galaxy and made it suitable for training more Matukai. He even built a hangar with a drop-down launch system.

This process brought him to a peace of mind, evolving him into a more concentrated and peaceful person that was more aware of his surroundings after nearly being hit several times by drifting objects within the Quartermaster before he had gotten the artificial gravity back in place. During his years as a Quartermaster pilot, he and two other Matukai adepts were called in to save a group of children from a kidnapping ring. Successful in their attempt, they took down the kidnappers and returned the children to their parents even if one of the children had been found to be very close to the force. The Adepts discussed the matter and agreed that Kouhun would train the child if the parents agreed to it before the Matukai once more separated into their own travels. Keeping a close eye on the child, he waited several months before requesting the child for apprenticeship. The parents agreed and he began the training of the youngster. Although there has been periods of stalling in her training, the Matukai has done much out of his way to train the apprentice as much as he could, sometimes slacking from his personal training to do so.

During a recent stay with the Selkath, the Jedi were trapped on Manaan without a transport to relay a message to the Jedi Order. As a favor to the Selkath and to aid in the Matukai interests on Manaan and other worlds, Kouhun agreed to help the Jedi, although there was no fondness between the Matukai and Jedi Order.
 Fredi
01-13-2009, 8:43 PM
Sorry, but I was fixing my computer, thats why it took me so much time.

Name: Fered Aijem
Species:Unknown Near-Human specie
Apparence:

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s35/Stiletto1991/malak_tattoo_sketch_by_cranjery.jpg)
He is 6'0 tall, he is bald with line tatoos in his head and upper back.

Bio: Fered was born on Manaan, his father was a smuggler and there is no record of his mother. He was taken when he was just 2 years old, a Jedi watchmen discovered the kid and took him to the council. He soon became a padawan under the training of a Twi'lek Jedi master, he rised and became a jedi knight at the age of 21. He is known for beeing a master using the Niman lightsaber techinc and a very good pilot and mechanic as well. He was send on a mission near Manaan there his faith will be decided ...
 Blessиd Sith
01-14-2009, 11:18 AM
Name: Zosia (Zo) Aldonza

Appearance: *in the works* She's a warrior, so she's tall, has darker hair, hazel eyes, generally presents herself as stern and stoic. Has faint tattooing across her forehead, just above her eyebrows. (((I'm still not concrete on this, but its a good reference point for now. I think I'll see where it goes within the rp. Usually the more I play, the more the character forms themself)))

Personality: She comes off as being aloof, quiet and reserved. In reality, its probably because she's deep in thought, in a walking meditation, enjoying the view or considering the best way to hack you to pieces, should the need arise. While not typically violent, she does not shirk from duty and will use whatever means necessary to do what is right. A very ethical person, she puts what is right above what is easy, and would rather struggle with life, than struggle with her conscience. Prone to moments of flightiness, or outbursts of outraged anger, she is otherwise in fairly good control of herself; even though its hard sometimes. She enjoys extreme sports, loves bolo-ball, and enjoys a good dueling session at any given time.

Weapons: Wan-shen, beskar katana and viridian sabre. Usually doesn't carry the wan-shen around unless she's specifically planning on using it. Comfortable with blasters.

Bio: Brought up on a ship, Zo was raised Matukai before going to the Jedi at about 18 to learn with them. Her only weapon before then was the wan-shen, though she was also taught how to fight with a sword. With the Jedi she built a sabre. Sword training in her earlier life made the transition to mostly-sabre useage easier.
Growing up, she had an affinity with electronics; she was alright with actual mechanics, but when it came to computers and electrical systems (or if anything was hacked or went down or the lightswitches lit up the wrong parts of the ship...) then she was your girl. This also went with her Force powers -- she feels droids stronger than the average Jedi can, and can follow electrical impulses and the like, but it comes at the cost of sensing other sentients. She can feel groups of people, but it takes a lot of effort to feel individuals beyond the fact that they're there (and good or bad). She also loves weapons, which was why she got herself a beskar sword. A compliment to the different styles of martial art she was trained in.
 Writer
01-15-2009, 6:55 PM
Name: Alena Batel

Appearance: Image: Alena Batel (http://www.iceposter.com/thumbs/G223725_b.jpg)

Weapons: a wan-shen, anything else she can get her hands on (or manipulate via the Force)

History: Alena Batel was born to a good family on Coruscant. When she was seven, her parents took her to an amusement park for the first time. There, she was taken by a large kidnapping ring and placed in a warehouse somewhere on Coruscant with sixty other children. After she spent three days there, three Matukai adepts began a rescue operation. During this event, Alena aided the Matukai by adapting some of their attacks to suit the fact that she didn't have a wan-shen. It wasn't at all graceful, but it was effective and one of the kidnappers was rendered unconscious by her efforts.

The Matukai determined that Alena was Force sensitive and brought her back to her parents. They decided that Kohun would observe the family and the girl's interaction with them for a time. Four months after Alena was returned to her parents, Kohun approached the family and received her parents' permission to take her with him and train her. The training was intensive, but most certainly effective; at twelve years of age, she could outfight most martial arts masters, though experienced Force sensitives could still overpower her.

At nineteen, Alena hit a rough spot after learning that her mother passed away of a severe illness. She spent two months with her father before returning to Kohun and he found that her skills had regressed by at least a year. Determined to see her match or surpass his own skill, Kohun redoubled his efforts to train her and found that she did not always respond positively to his instruction. Nonetheless, he pressed on and when she turned twenty-two, it finally paid off.

At twenty-two, everything Alena had been taught in the last three years suddenly seemed to click into place in her mind. Her combat skills streamlined and became both graceful and deadly all at once. At twenty-three, she defeated Kohun in a sparring match for the first time. At twenty-six, she is nearing the end of her training and her sparring matches more often end in draws than in either party defeating the other, though Kohun still beats her more often than she beats him.
Page: 1 of 1