Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

TXI help

Page: 1 of 1
 TriggerGod
12-19-2008, 10:53 PM
I've been having some troubles with making a .txi file for one of my mods. I'm trying to give the CM_Baremetal effect to a new PC's lips to give it a kind of shine, as if she just licked her lips, or put some kind of chapstick/lipstick on that shines (similar to Kristy Kistic's Athena Too mod). I'm also trying to do it to her clothing, which has leather on it, and I'm trying to add a slight shine to the leather. Now, my problem is that when I try it out ingame, the lips slightly show off the teeth part of the model, and you can mostly see through the leather of the clothing.
If it helps...
Clothing tgas: lightsidezeltf01.tga (and replace lightside with darkside for the darkside skin of the clothing)
Clothing txi: lightsidezeltf01.txi (nope, no darkside txi. Would I need one?)
Head texture: PFHZ01.tga (add d1/d2 for the transitions)
Head txi: PFHZ01.txi (once again, no darkside txis. Would I need one/two?)

And all that is in the txi(s) is the Baremetal code...
envmaptexture CM_Baremetal

Sorry for this question, but I'm new to shaders and such.
 svцsh
12-19-2008, 11:46 PM
For the head I would use envmaptexture CM_specmap and if your model is appearing transparent it's usually due to no txi or a badly named txi.

Specmap is just a specular map so it won't appear metallic like baremetal would and give you a better shine on the skin, but go easy on how dark you go on your alpha channel.

Same rules apply like most shaders in game : white is opaque while anything darker then white* is varying levels of transparency on your tga's alpha channel.
 TriggerGod
12-19-2008, 11:57 PM
Same rules apply like most shaders in game : white is opaque while anything darker then write is varying levels of transparency on your tga's alpha channel.

Yeah, while testing with the Alpha channel and Txi earlier, I had a pretty funny result. (http://e.imagehost.org/0101/LAWL.jpg) Since I've drastically decreased the gray on the alpha, so that the eyelid area is now white (on the channel), and the lips only slightly show the teeth inside.

And I tried what you said; I still got the transparent parts.
 Canderis
12-20-2008, 12:08 AM
pretty funny result. (http://e.imagehost.org/0101/LAWL.jpg)

God! It looks like a deamon
 TriggerGod
12-21-2008, 9:43 PM
I'm still having these troubles. I've tried making the alphas again (using a method I recently found out about..) and making the txis again over and over. Using svösh's advice for the head, in my new head's txi file, there is only this...
envmaptexture CM_SpecMap
and in her clothing...
envmaptexture CM_Baremetal
I've made sure that the txi's are labeled the same as the tga file.

Slightly off topic, but having to do with Alpha Channels, would an Alpha Channel work on a portrait? Because I have a portait with rounded edges, and I would like to get rid of the space around the corners.
EDIT: Answer; yes.
Page: 1 of 1