Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Revan - Jedi Knight

Page: 1 of 2
 Drewton
12-19-2008, 10:40 AM
This one reskins Revan in "light side"/Jedi Knight robes. Also included is an armband which, when used, gives you Revan's robes. I'd forgotten when uploading, however, that, if I remember correctly, if you haven't installed any robe mods, the robe given will just be the one without the hood. It's also likely not compatible with the model used in Brotherhood of Shadow, unfortunately.

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h298/Star_Wars_Legacy/Mods/revanls_06.jpg)

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h298/Star_Wars_Legacy/Mods/revanls_02.jpg)

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h298/Star_Wars_Legacy/Mods/revanls_03.jpg)

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h298/Star_Wars_Legacy/Mods/revanls_04.jpg)

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h298/Star_Wars_Legacy/Mods/revanls_01.jpg)

Download: http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Revan_Jedi_Knight_Robes;96490)
 Darth Payne
12-19-2008, 11:04 AM
Wow, that robe is way better than RedHawkes Revan the White robe.

I will definitely be getting this one.

Ya think! Hello Captain Obvious your bus is leaving! :lol: @ :xp: -RH
 HK-42
12-19-2008, 2:57 PM
Nice one Drewton, I love the blurry picture(1st one) Looks awesome. This should be geat when Sithspector's Revan animated cape is done.
 Chevron 7 locke
12-19-2008, 4:00 PM
That robe is beautiful! I love the way you redid it!
Great job
 Hayden Kered
12-19-2008, 4:15 PM
The detail looks great! Nice job, will be using this one!
 Xarwarz
12-19-2008, 4:26 PM
Nicely done with the color i haven't played kotor in a long time
 Time Lord
12-19-2008, 7:28 PM
Nice robe. For me this'll become the texture I use for Revan the White. It's much better than most Revan reskins. Awsome job a definate download for me.
 jonathan7
12-19-2008, 9:20 PM
 redrob41
12-20-2008, 2:30 AM
:golfclap: nicely done. The cloth texture that you used gives it a wonderful chainmail effect, and the browns are a nice contrast to the whites. :thumbsup:
 Thankteamgizka
12-20-2008, 1:23 PM
wow you should make cape less and mask less versions of this
 ThatEvilDude
12-20-2008, 6:11 PM
Wow, that robe is way better than RedHawkes Revan the White robe.

I will definitely be getting this one.

Hey Red, ya i really hate to say it... but this one blows your white robe out of the water.
INSTANT DOWNLOAD from me.
 RedHawke
12-22-2008, 1:55 PM
Wow people! Just Wow! :eyeraise:

Has my crappy skin really been the one to beat for all this time?

You mean I was setting the bar here on white Revan robe skins?

:rofl:

I have stated multiple times that I'm not really a good skinner... so it is natural that there has to be someone, somewhere that can actually make a good looking white robe. Happily Drewton would be it, as this is a ton better looking than mine, though sadly it isn't all white/light grey. *Hint, hint!* ;)
 Daos300
12-22-2008, 8:00 PM
I tested this with the robes on BoS and they are compatable when using the armband. You still get the black Revan robes from BoS. If it's these robes you are wanting to see then you can use the armband to see them. They both use different uti files.
 ZimmMaster
12-23-2008, 10:34 AM
I tested this with the robes on BoS and they are compatable when using the armband. You still get the black Revan robes from BoS. If it's these robes you are wanting to see then you can use the armband to see them. They both use different uti files.

I downloaded the mod and it works great. Awesome mod. Will go great with the Flowing Robes of Revan when it gets released.
 fenix3279
12-30-2008, 3:31 AM
Awesome mod, this is better I could ever could have imagined. So...do you think you'll ever try doing one without the cape or the mask sometime in the distant future? :D
 Drewton
12-30-2008, 5:42 PM
Thanks all, and sorry for the late reply. I didn't expect this to get such positive feedback.

Thankteamgizka and fenix3279, I think someone on Filefront said it works for the capeless/hoodless version by just renaming the file to PMBJ02. Though I don't think this skin would work well for that.
 A_Dead_Jedi
01-01-2009, 5:47 AM
This is probably the best thing to go into my override folder all year. Good job!:thmbup1:
 fenix3279
01-01-2009, 6:28 PM
Thanks all, and sorry for the late reply. I didn't expect this to get such positive feedback.

Thankteamgizka and fenix3279, I think someone on Filefront said it works for the capeless/hoodless version by just renaming the file to PMBJ02. Though I don't think this skin would work well for that.
Really? Would there be some clipping or is it just a "looks" issue?
I was planning on trying it but I wanted to get a feel of what to expect.
 DarthYuugi
01-02-2009, 11:23 AM
Actually just creating a new uti would make the skin work( with the revan armour )

Drewton do you want me to send it you so you can release with the skin ( so you could have a hoodless version :) )
 BigMike322
01-17-2009, 12:51 AM
Looks awesome, but does it erase Revan's face during the scene were he takes his mask off?
 HK-42
01-17-2009, 1:06 AM
Looks awesome, but does it erase Revan's face during the scene were he takes his mask off?

this is a robe, only head mods do that.
 RedHawke
01-17-2009, 7:41 AM
this is a robe, only head mods do that.
Incorrect... it is connected to using this Revan model and the hooded mask-less cutscene version. They can interfere with the revelation scene.
 HK-42
01-17-2009, 12:17 PM
Incorrect... it is connected to using this Revan model and the hooded mask-less cutscene version. They can interfere with the revelation scene.

Just checked and no it dosent interfere, Thanks Redhawke didnt know it might do that.:D
 BigMike322
01-21-2009, 1:13 PM
Just checked and no it dosent interfere, Thanks Redhawke didnt know it might do that.:D

Thanks for the feedback.
 TheJedi76
03-10-2009, 11:29 PM
Hey, I'm a new member to LucasForums

I made an override folder and downloaded KSE

But, I need to know how to make this mod work.

Help for a noob? :confused:
 Ibelin
03-11-2009, 1:38 AM
I think you should just do as said in the readme file and it will work.
 TheJedi76
03-11-2009, 2:43 PM
I think you should just do as said in the readme file and it will work.

Well, I did that, and it still doesn't work.

Any help?

Edit: Never mind, got it to work :xp:

Edit2:By the way, GREAT mod. I'm very impressed. I love it's knightly look.

11/10, definetly.
 Will O' The Wisq
03-16-2009, 4:21 PM
Ever thought about doing it for TSL?
 TriggerGod
03-16-2009, 4:45 PM
Ever thought about doing it for TSL?

the same model and texture are in TSL. It is entirely possible to use Drewton's existing texture as the replacement for Revan's robes, without doing any sort of file editing.
 Will O' The Wisq
03-17-2009, 4:18 PM
the same model and texture are in TSL. It is entirely possible to use Drewton's existing texture as the replacement for Revan's robes, without doing any sort of file editing.

So what you're saying is that if I just have the Revan Robe in the game I can use this skin?
 voltes5
03-17-2009, 4:39 PM
yes
 jediknight2276
09-05-2009, 2:09 PM
Hey guys! I have an idea for a new mod of Revan's Robe. I came across to different Revan robe mods on knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com. The first one is a working, animated version of Revan's robe (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Revans_Flowing_Cape_and_Belt_Fix;100561) and the second one is a reskin (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Revan_Jedi_Knight_Robes;96490). I think the reskin is just awesome looking so I've been trying to replace the skins from the Revan Robe Fix with the skins from the Revan's Jedi Knight Robe mod - making a white and brown animated version of Revan's robes.

I've been trying since last night to do this using KotorTool, MdLops and NWMax...but I'm a total noob @ this and haven't made any headway. Can one of you more experienced guys do it? Or is there some tutorial that I haven't yet seen that shows me how to do this? :confused:
 Marius Fett
09-05-2009, 2:16 PM
You don't need to use any modding tools for this. All you need to do is rename Drewton's texture to N_DarthRevan01.tga.

Try that. :)
 jediknight2276
09-05-2009, 2:27 PM
His mod comes with two files. The one you mentioned and one that ends with 02. The problem I think is that they mod two different items. The one by SithSpecter mods g_a_mstrrobe08 and Drewton mods Revan's robes, g_a_mstrrobe06. SithSpectre creates a new item in the game while Drewton mods an already existing item in the game. So I did what you said and put in the Override but all it did was change the icon of Revan's robes. The icon went all white and brownish but his robes remained the same...

Although I think I understand, I may have misunderstood you...If I have I'm sorry..
 jonathan7
09-05-2009, 3:16 PM
His mod comes with two files. The one you mentioned and one that ends with 02. The problem I think is that they mod two different items. The one by SithSpecter mods g_a_mstrrobe08 and Drewton mods Revan's robes, g_a_mstrrobe06. SithSpectre creates a new item in the game while Drewton mods an already existing item in the game. So I did what you said and put in the Override but all it did was change the icon of Revan's robes. The icon went all white and brownish but his robes remained the same...

Although I think I understand, I may have misunderstood you...If I have I'm sorry..

The two mods are compatible, and indeed should IIRC work togeather straight away' "All" Sithspectre's mod does is animate the texture, it should automatically replace the default games model - so Drewtons texture should automatically work with the correctly animated model.
 jediknight2276
09-05-2009, 4:12 PM
Hmmmm...I'll try it out. Will update later.

Okay I believe what you guys are saying is correct. But as it turns out Drewton's mod doesn't work at all in my KotOR. I removed all my mods but his and it didn't work. So for me to do this I'd have to figure it out why his mod isn't working....which is odd because I've never encountered a mod that doesn't work for me.

It was a good idea I think but I guess I'll just have to stick with my Dark Revan Robes for now. Unless anyone has more ideas. But thanks to Marius Fett and jonathan7 for responding. :)
 jonathan7
09-05-2009, 4:40 PM
Hmmmm...I'll try it out. Will update later.

Okay I believe what you guys are saying is correct. But as it turns out Drewton's mod doesn't work at all in my KotOR. I removed all my mods but his and it didn't work. So for me to do this I'd have to figure it out why his mod isn't working....which is odd because I've never encountered a mod that doesn't work for me.

It was a good idea I think but I guess I'll just have to stick with my Dark Revan Robes for now. Unless anyone has more ideas. But thanks to Marius Fett and jonathan7 for responding. :)

What are the installation instructions in the readme - what other mods did you have installed? If you already have the items in your inventory, you have to cheat new items in, for the game to change the models to display correctly. Start a new game and see if the mod is working in that game to test the above.
 jediknight2276
09-05-2009, 4:43 PM
I had a whole bunch of mods in so what I took them all out, put in Drewton's mod and started a new game, like you said..lol. I typed in the codes 'nd the robes came up but they still looked normal..so...I dunno..
 jonathan7
09-05-2009, 4:46 PM
I had a whole bunch of mods in so what I took them all out, put in Drewton's mod and started a new game, like you said..lol. I typed in the codes 'nd the robes came up but they still looked normal..so...I dunno..

Hmmmmm;

1. Has the mod gone directly into the Override folder? (i.e. its not in a subfolder)

2. Are you sure your cheating the correct robes in game.

3. Is there an appearance.2da folder in your Override?
 jediknight2276
09-05-2009, 4:49 PM
1. Yup it went directly in. (No subfolders)

2. Well the file that comes with it says "g_a_mstrrobe06.uti" so i typed that in (minus the .uti)

3. There was an appearance.2da but I took everything out and just left the mod. So all that's there are the files you get when you download it.

Does the mod work for you?
 jonathan7
09-05-2009, 4:57 PM
1. Yup it went directly in. (No subfolders)

2. Well the file that comes with it says "g_a_mstrrobe06.uti" so i typed that in (minus the .uti)

3. There was an appearance.2da but I took everything out and just left the mod. So all that's there are the files you get when you download it.

Does the mod work for you?

I haven't used the mod myself, but I'm on the KotOR Files staff, as well as here, and we haven't had any complaints like this that I can recall, so something is going wrong in your game. My laptop is unfortunatly is in being serviced so I can't test anything untill I get that back unfortunatly.

I'm going to move this, and join it with Drewton's thread in TUCE, as this is specfic to that mod, opposed to being a Mod request. That should also mean you get a bit more feedback, and suggestions as to what the issue is.
 jediknight2276
09-05-2009, 4:58 PM
Alright thanks then.. :)
 jonathan7
09-05-2009, 5:06 PM
I've sent you a PM, but the following was in the readme;

It also gives an armband which will, when used, give the player Revan&s robes so you wont have to install another robe mod or do any editing yourself. In addition, the UTC file has been edited so you dont have to be a dark sider to wear these.

Type in giveitem revan_robes to get the robe/armband.

Which solves the mystery, as the wrong code was being typed.
 jediknight2276
09-05-2009, 6:03 PM
I've seen you guys talking about using it with the other mod that animates Revan's robes. I tried fusing them and I couldn't get it work. Can anyone reupload the two mods fused? An animated version of this would be so awesome. :)
 Marius Fett
09-05-2009, 6:21 PM
If you just do what I said, and rename Drewtons texture to N_DarthRevan01.tga then use an item with the disguise property, to give yourself the Darth Revan appearance, you should be fine.
 R2-X2
09-06-2009, 3:34 PM
As I know SS' model has the texture inside and needs to be edited to apply other skins.
 TriggerGod
09-06-2009, 3:55 PM
As I know SS' model has the texture inside and needs to be edited to apply other skins.

As long as it uses the name that Marius mentioned (N_DarthRevan01), then it will work just fine.
 Triple-Eight
09-06-2009, 4:11 PM
It would be cool to have both Robes.

Darth Revan's Robe (Dark Side, Animated)
Starforge Robe (Light Side, Animated) with drewton's skin of course :)
 Mandalore The Shadow
09-06-2009, 7:05 PM
Well this looks good it is alot more complex than any other Revan reskin I've seen in a long time keep up the good work Drewton
 Canderis
10-08-2009, 9:19 PM
Page: 1 of 2