Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

KOTOR1 Why is it doing this?

Page: 1 of 1
 JCross
12-16-2008, 12:25 AM
I am not a modder and just recently learned that there were mods out there. I've installed a number of mods/cheats and now I have a problem.

After I exit the Endar Spire via the escape pods, the video clip comes on showing the pod crashing on Taris.

Afterwards my PC is in one of the sleeping quarters of the Ebon Hawk. The exit is black and my PC is unable to exit.

When I click on the map instead of showing the interior of the Ebon Hawk it shows the underwater kalto refinery from KOTORII. I'm unable to chose party members or transit to another location.

What is going on? Someone please help, (keep in mind I'm pretty new to this stuff, therefore a little slooooooow). Thanks.
 HK-42
12-16-2008, 12:31 AM
I am not a modder and just recently learned that there were mods out there. I've installed a number of mods/cheats and now I have a problem.

After I exit the Endar Spire via the escape pods, the video clip comes on showing the pod crashing on Taris.

Afterwards my PC is in one of the sleeping quarters of the Ebon Hawk. The exit is black and my PC is unable to exit.

When I click on the map instead of showing the interior of the Ebon Hawk it shows the underwater kalto refinery from KOTORII. I'm unable to chose party members or transit to another location.

What is going on? Someone please help, (keep in mind I'm pretty new to this stuff, therefore a little slooooooow). Thanks.

What mods do you have?
 RedHawke
12-16-2008, 1:05 AM
What exact mods do you have installed?
Fixed... this is the least people need to provide in order to expect any sort of help. ;)
 Darth333
12-16-2008, 2:59 AM
Sounds like a classic issue to me...it can happen when you change your class, with KSE or mods, to something that was not originally planned for the player in the game (pure jedi, droid) or gender. Try the Kotor 1 fixed cutscenes: http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php)
 JCross
12-27-2008, 7:21 AM
To trouble shoot the problem I deleted the contents of my Overide folder. I then reinstalled the many, many, many mods that I've downloaded. This time, after each install I would start KOTOR and load a saved game that had been saved before any mods were installed. Specifically a game saved just before exiting the Endar Spire via escape pods. I figured that if it took me to Taris instead of the Ebon Hawk then the game was working OK. This took a long time. Eventually I got to a point where I got sent to the Ebon Hawk. I then uninstalled the mod just installed and voilla (spelling?) the game worked. I don't remember which mod this occurred on but I'm not sure that it caused by a specific mod as a specific TYPE of mod. The first time the problem occurred I had just installed four mods...Clone Trooper Armor, Juhani's Dark Clothing, Elemental Light Sabers, and Bastilla's Slave Outfit. The second time around I reinstalled the downloaded mods except the above listed ones. A different mod caused the problem again. (This is the one I can't remember). After deleting the unremembered mod I tried reinstalling the above listed mods ad the game worked.
I'm not sure what all this means but I do know I got it to work. Sorry for wasting your time folks but I do appreciate the contact.
RedHawk, your mods rock!!!! Just wanted to make sure you knew that. Keep the cool mods coming. I love this game.
Page: 1 of 1