Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

EA could cut Jobs and Franchises

Page: 1 of 1
 News
12-09-2008, 4:30 AM
Analyst Colin Sebastian suggests that Electronic Arts, which bought BioWare in 2007, may be cutting jobs and game franchises after disappointing sales of games such as Rock Band 2 and Mirror’s Edge. These games are under-performing and may lead to the game giant cutting back during the current financial crisis. The analyst did note that certain [...]

Read the full story at starwarsmmo.net... (http://www.starwarsmmo.net/news/ea-could-cut-jobs-and-franchises/)
 Nedak
12-10-2008, 1:54 PM
Sadly, I'm happy for this.
 Sabretooth
12-21-2008, 11:06 AM
A pity Mirror's Edge didn't sell well. :( I thought it'd be a winner for sure, seeing as how it was so way out of the rest of competition. Hope everything turns out well and EA gets back to form soon.

Sadly, I'm happy for this.
:confused:
 Zakalwe
12-21-2008, 2:09 PM
:confused:

Typical EA hate for no apparent reason, would be my guess.
 Nedak
12-21-2008, 4:13 PM
Typical EA hate for no apparent reason, would be my guess.

Or maybe it's because that it seems they've learned from recent failures and are trying to change their staff for the better?
 Blix
12-22-2008, 2:37 PM
EA assimilating Bioware was the worst thing to happen imo, I haven't purchased any EA-related games, nor do I really plan to buy ToR. But hey, that's just my opinion.
 TheRogueForums
12-23-2008, 12:36 AM
EA assimilating Bioware was the worst thing to happen imo
I totally agree. EA has a habit of pursuing the more profit side of the gaming business, as opposed to the customer service and support side of things.

However, what's done is done. I can only hope they stay out of the project as much as possible, and let Bioware do what they do best: make great games.
Page: 1 of 1