Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

How to add Custom Items in KT

Page: 1 of 1
 harIII
12-08-2008, 10:27 AM
In the menu of modifying an NPC and within the Inventory area there is a tab that can be accessed that is labeled Custom Items. If you open it, there aren't any items selectable, is there a way you can add your custom items?
 Star Admiral
12-08-2008, 2:24 PM
To add custom items, I normally never use that tab. Not sure what it does.

Anyways, to add a custom item to the NPC's pack inventory, simply drag an existing item from the column on the left into the Pack Inventory box and modify the template resref to point to your custom item. To make the NPC have an equipped custom item, double-click on the relevant equipment slot and type the template resref of your custom item into the text box that appears.

And in case you're wondering, the Pack Inventory contains items that will be added to the main character's inventory once the NPC joins your party and the equipment slots contain items that the NPC will actually use in combat. Both are accessible to the main character if the NPC is killed.

- Star Admiral
 RedHawke
12-08-2008, 10:05 PM
Moving to KT subforum...
 harIII
12-09-2008, 10:36 AM
Thanks, I will try this as well.

I can already place a custom item in their inventory but just don't know how to immediately equip them.
Page: 1 of 1