Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Rescue on the harbinger, OR The Extended Begining. RECRUITING

Page: 1 of 2
 Canderis
12-06-2008, 11:02 PM
This mod will be a 2 or mabey 3 module story line addon for the bigining of TSL. Well basicly you runaround doing varrious odd jobs and then you get the message about the sith and stuff and are told not to go near the medical bay untill further notice. You get a message saying you need t report to the medical bay for a checkup. On your way there some republic soildiers go running past and go into the medical room and lock the door you walk up twards the door and hear some noises, like someone being fried. Next thing you know the door is blown off and sion comes out and chuckes you against the wall. You then take control of T3-M4, HK-47 and another dude. You need to fight past a bunch of "corrupt republic soildiers" and some, but not meny, sith assasions. The "other dude" holds off sion while HK and T3 rescue the exile, who is almost dead. Sion kills the other dude and chaces after you. You make it to the ebon hawk and sions ship fires on you almost distroying HK-47 and dammaging t3. Then the normal bigining starts.

RECRUITS I NEED:
I need a scripter who can mak force powers. I will also need a person who can splice dialog to make new conversations. That is all the help I will need, BUT I will never turn away good help.
I could also use someone who can come up with cool names.
 Mandalore_The_Great
12-06-2008, 11:31 PM
I'll help, but I would like to see a synopsis of your story if I could.
I guess I'll be doing the dialogue splicing. Haven't learned to script force powers yet, and I don't think I will.
 Canderis
12-06-2008, 11:51 PM
Well basicly you runaround doing varrious odd jobs and then you see sion floatinbg around in space in an escape pod. You tell the capton of the ship about it. He brings it abored and puts sion in the tube. You get a message saying you need a fisical and to report to the medical bay. On your way there some republic soildiers go running past and go into the medical room and lock the door you walk up twards the door and hear some noises, like someone being fried. Next thing you know the door is blown off and sion comes out and chuckes you against the wall. You then take control of kreia, HK-47 and another dude. You need to fight past a bunch of "corrupt republic soildiers". The "other dude" holds off sion while HK and Kreia rescue the exile, who is almost dead. Sion kills the other dude and chaces after you. You make it to the ebon hawk and sions ship fires on you knocking out kreia and dammaging t3. Then the normal bigining starts.

That good enough?
 Mandalore_The_Great
12-06-2008, 11:57 PM
and HK-47 just walks into the Ebon Hawk and shuts down, or....
How did the republic soldiers get corrupted? They talk to Sion?
 Canderis
12-07-2008, 12:02 AM
Hk gets his parts all discombobulated by being in a room where a blast hits. The soildiers get corrupted by "Force Corrupt" Havent you ever played FOC?
 Mandalore_The_Great
12-07-2008, 12:06 AM
If you're talking about Empire at War: Forces of Corruption then no I forgot what the force power was called I haven't played TSL for a while
huh... I have TSL on my flash drive and I set the path for KT but it won't let me open it...
 Canderis
12-07-2008, 12:11 AM
Try moving all the data off the flash drive and onto the harddrive.
 Mandalore_The_Great
12-07-2008, 12:15 AM
ya...
my hard drive's low on space and my dad'll be pissed, but.... for the good of the mod

Alright, point me to a task. I'm gonna be up for the rest of the hour and maybe a little later so I got time.
 Canderis
12-07-2008, 12:18 AM
Well I guess welcome to the team. I guess you could start making alot of varrious Republic soilders.
Name them Corrupt Republic soilders and another ones just like them named republic soilder.
 Da_man
12-07-2008, 12:22 AM
Not sure if you need it, but I can voice act for you, or do some dialogue splicing.
 Mandalore_The_Great
12-07-2008, 12:22 AM
Alright then. Do you have suggestions on where to place them? I'll try by using the creature spawn script. But I need a basis. Somewhere in the harbinger, correct?
Hey, Da_man, help my egg, please!! ^
 Canderis
12-07-2008, 12:23 AM
Well I do need a bit of both. Mostly the splicing though. I havent written the dialog yet so you arent needed yet. Ill Pm you when that needs to be done.
EDIT: Mandalore.. Ill be spawnin them so dont worrie about that.
 Mandalore_The_Great
12-07-2008, 12:27 AM
I'll be doing the basic scripting and dialogue editing, then. Better edit my sig, I got two mod projects in the works :D
 Canderis
12-07-2008, 12:47 AM
Can you add lines to the appearence.2da files?
 Mandalore_The_Great
12-07-2008, 12:50 AM
I don't know how but I can learn quickly.... maybe I can use Tobin's head as a basis. he looks all freaky dark-sider... but to fix the only-one-of-that-head-in-one-module thing, we would have to alter it a little bit.... I'm not that good at making heads, though
 Canderis
12-07-2008, 12:52 AM
You dont nee to make heads... just add new lines to the appearence file
 Mandalore_The_Great
12-07-2008, 12:59 AM
looks like all I gotta do is add a new row that's exactly like one or two of the basic Republic soldiers, then just rename them... easy.
 Canderis
12-07-2008, 1:00 AM
AND you need to change the # in the heads field to give them a dfferent face.
 Mandalore_The_Great
12-07-2008, 1:02 AM
Right... do you want them to look all dark side nasty?
 Canderis
12-07-2008, 1:03 AM
Yes. Zombieish if you can.
 Mandalore_The_Great
12-07-2008, 1:18 AM
any suggestions on how to do that? I'm pretty sure you change the "normalhead" field
 Canderis
12-07-2008, 1:20 AM
Yes. You can make new head textures zombieish by dsaturating them in gimp. Then whiting the eyes
 Mandalore_The_Great
12-07-2008, 1:24 AM
I'm making the first one Corrupt-Male_White... then I'm using the head for the white male Sith. In K1, it's head 25. Don't worry I'm going to get K2 set up tomorrow.
and where would I find the .tga to edit it?
 Canderis
12-07-2008, 1:26 AM
Ok. Lets move this to the pm so we dont clutter this thread.
 Mandalore_The_Great
12-07-2008, 1:35 AM
right
 Darth Payne
12-07-2008, 8:26 AM
Umm, werent Sion found on a Sith ship?

And weren't the Rep Troopers killed by the Sith Assassins that snuck aboard during the search of said ship?
 Canderis
12-07-2008, 10:52 AM
I dont remeber hearing that. In this mod the assasions come after the ebon hawk escapes.
 Darth Payne
12-07-2008, 11:03 AM
You can get info on what happened on the Harbinger in 3 locations.

1: the bridge console, there are several messages you can view there.
2: the conference room console, again there are some messages there.
3: the med bay console, there are some messages to view here as well.
 Canderis
12-07-2008, 1:14 PM
You can get info on what happened on the Harbinger in 3 locations.

1: the bridge console, there are several messages you can view there.
2: the conference room console, again there are some messages there.
3: the med bay console, there are some messages to view here as well.

Thanks Darth Payne.
Ive done more reserch and now have fixed the holes in the plot.
Well basicly you runaround doing varrious odd jobs and then you get the message about the sith and stuff and are told not to go near the medical bay untill further notice. You get a message saying you need t report to the medical bay for a checkup. On your way there some republic soildiers go running past and go into the medical room and lock the door you walk up twards the door and hear some noises, like someone being fried. Next thing you know the door is blown off and sion comes out and chuckes you against the wall. You then take control of T3-M4, HK-47 and another dude. You need to fight past a bunch of "corrupt republic soildiers" and some, but not meny, sith assasions. The "other dude" holds off sion while HK and T3 rescue the exile, who is almost dead. Sion kills the other dude and chaces after you. You make it to the ebon hawk and sions ship fires on you almost distroying HK-47 and dammaging t3. Then the normal bigining starts.
 Darth Payne
12-07-2008, 1:29 PM
I'm glad i could be of some assitance.

This mod does sound like it would be a fun play.
 Canderis
12-07-2008, 4:09 PM
Lord Revan999 has been kind enough to help make the harbinger look "new". And the texture looks great. The harbinger has just been commitioned!
 Thankteamgizka
12-07-2008, 5:10 PM
Maybe the "other dude" could be Dustil Onasi?
 Canderis
12-07-2008, 5:14 PM
I was thinking about that. But didnt he die on korriban?
 Mandalore_The_Great
12-07-2008, 5:19 PM
only if Revan is DS if you're light you can turn 'em
 Canderis
12-07-2008, 5:32 PM
Right, and I dont want this mod to be wierd, like if revan was DS and killed dustil but then he showes up? That would be strange.
I was thinking master Dorak (I hope I spelled that right)
 Darth Payne
12-07-2008, 5:40 PM
When was the Miraluka planet killed?

I think all known jedi from K1 was on it at the time(except Bastila).
 Canderis
12-07-2008, 5:42 PM
Oh ya. Anymore ideas? I was also thinking of Jolee Bindo. Would he work?
 Darth Payne
12-07-2008, 6:07 PM
He could work as his fate is unknown.

Vandar and Zhar were also killed on Katarr though, in case you've thought of adding them.
 TriggerGod
12-07-2008, 6:08 PM
Oh ya. Anymore ideas? I was also thinking of Jolee Bindo. Would he work?

If you did, you'd have to reskin someone to be him, as his assets are not in TSL.
 Canderis
12-07-2008, 6:09 PM
I did but I relized their fate where the same as Dorak's. I ma using jolee. A reskin of bandon because jolee's texture isnt ingame.
 Darth Payne
12-07-2008, 6:31 PM
You could always use Bastila as the unknown 'Dude', as long as the 'Dude' is not killed on screen that is.

Merely have Sion look down at 'the Dude' before going after the Exile, leaving Bastila behind unconscious(sp?) but alive.
 Canderis
12-07-2008, 6:36 PM
You could always use Bastila as the unknown 'Dude', as long as the 'Dude' is not killed on screen that is.

Merely have Sion look down at 'the Dude' before going after the Exile, leaving Bastila behind unconscious(sp?) but alive.

Good idea but no. The dude must die. You dont see him/her die, but they die.
 Mandalore_The_Great
12-07-2008, 8:41 PM
anyone mind taking over the .2da editing? it's pissing me off
I think I'll stick to dialogue and scripting, thank you :D
 Canderis
12-07-2008, 8:47 PM
I guess I will. Im almost done with the first module. Ive got the co-ordanats, I just need to plug them in and make all the utc files.
I still need someone who can make force powers!
 Mandalore_The_Great
12-07-2008, 8:49 PM
to the .2da editing tutorial page!!! <fly away>
Edit: LOL .2da editing is way over my head. Maybe when I'm like 20 or something when I know quantum physics

Edit2: installing something onto a flash drive takes absolutely FOREVER
 Canderis
12-07-2008, 9:12 PM
2da editing it the easyst part of modding I think and im 13... Not too hard. Its mostly copy and paste.
 Chevron 7 locke
12-07-2008, 10:25 PM
Good idea but no. The dude must die. You dont see him/her die, but they die.

What about Juhani? i'm no expert on modding but Juhani seems to be a good choice
 Canderis
12-08-2008, 7:48 AM
Same as Jolee. There is no model or texture.
 Darth Payne
12-08-2008, 7:53 AM
What about a handmaiden?

AFAIK it was never mentioned how many of them there were.
 Ferc Kast
12-08-2008, 8:56 AM
What about a handmaiden?

AFAIK it was never mentioned how many of them there were.

That sounds a good plan, actually. :) (Plus, there was a cut Handmaiden head skin in TSL assets that could be used: N_HandSis.tga) ;)

Anyways, this definitely sounds like it'll be an interesting mod to use.
Page: 1 of 2