Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Episode 1 Racer PC - rdroid_gnome Issue

Page: 1 of 1
 StarWarsGooN
12-01-2008, 5:47 PM
Now years later I'm having an issue with this rdroid_gnome release build problem just after installing and running the game. The very first loading screen flashes and an error comes up with rdroid_gnome release build error. I installed the game and installed the "white screen" patch and also checked & unchecked the Windows 98 / ME compatibility option. This Star Wars Racer game used to run fine under XP a while ago and I'm not sure why it ain't now - ? Perhaps b/c I upgraded my system from a single core CPU to AMD 64 Dual Core or XP Service pack 3 ?? Or my latest video card? Any help or solution fix is greatly appreciated. Thank-you.

Here is my current system info:
Windows XP Home w/ SP 3
Asus M3A AMD 64 X2 Dual 4400+
2 GB Dual Channel RAM
ATI Radeon HD 3650 PCI Xpress 16x
Sound Blaster Audigy (original)
 ezrydn
07-24-2010, 2:30 PM
I just installed form my original RACER cd, installed the patch and got the exact same closure problem. Someone's gotta know about this and fix it. Where is "rdroid_gnome" a resident of?
 ezrydn
07-24-2010, 7:56 PM
Got past the rdroid_gnome problem by making sure I had the most current drivers for my graphics card (an old ATI 7500 series) which has always played Racer well. I still have a problem when it starts. It's not smooth graphics, it's "stepped." Meaning flow, not texture. I can get all the way to the actual race but haven't had a START yet.

I had it working for a while and upgraded the BIOS. Suddenly, Racer quit working. Now, the long road to find the "key" again. I've made sure the on-board graphics are shut down, card driver is updated and "set." Yet, there's still something I'm overlooking.

What Is It???!!!!!
 momofgameplayer
07-08-2011, 10:25 PM
I have an XP machine and when I installed Star Wars Episode 1 Racer and then went to start it up I was getting the "rdroid_gnome resease build" error. I am new to games but I followed the troubleshooting guide very carefully and also read some of the posts here. When I was going through my hardware config even though it said "no problem found" for my sound card, when I ran the DirectX Diagnostic tool, it also said "your sound card does not support hardware buffering...." and it also said "all tests were successful". Because of the one slightly negative message I went ahead and updated my sound card driver and then the rdroid_gnome problem went away and I was thrilled (my son was waiting patiently for me to get this problem fixed.) But then when he started playing the game that white screen came up. Luckily, in my efforts to fix the first problem I was familiar with the post by lucasarts faq that said to go get the new swep1rcr.exe for that problem. So I did, and the game has been working just fine ever since. Well, we don't have music but we do have all the other sounds. I'll work on the music later.
The reason I went to the trouble of registering and posting is that in that lucasarts faq post they said "at your earliest convenience, please write back and let us know if this update allows you to run the game without any problems." and this seemed like the easiest way to do that. Also, maybe it will help someone else. At first I wasn't even going to try... I was going to pay for help or buy some other older computer or something. But carefully going through the troubleshooting guide and reading posts here helped me through it.
Page: 1 of 1