Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Help with Taina's Replacer

Page: 1 of 1
 TriggerGod
11-25-2008, 10:20 PM
Just a problem I'm facing for the last day or 2. If you have seen my WIP thread, you would know that some of my models will be edited. I've finished one, with the change being she now has Heterochromia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heterochromia), which means she has an edited UV Map. I export correctly (I exported model and animations, if that might've caused my problems), and I run it through the Replacer.

I am able to replace correctly, but something went wrong...
I make an ascii of my new file, and I throw it into GMax. The eyes work correctly...
But for some reason, the face's UV map is messed up. (http://e.imagehost.org/0892/uv-error.jpg) And I didn't even touch that part of the UV Map :\

Now, what I did in the Replacer:
Selected everything in the Vertex column, and only eyeLA in the Texture column. I could try selecting nothing in the vertex column (except eyeLA), if that might be the problem, but I doubt it.
 redrob41
11-26-2008, 1:53 AM
I could try selecting nothing in the vertex column (except eyeLA), if that might be the problem, but I doubt it.

I usually only check off the things that I've changed. If I've changed verts for the head and eyes, and the uvw map for the head and teeth, then those would be the only four things checked. So, even though I might have changed the uvw for the teeth, I wouldn't check the verts for the teeth.
 TriggerGod
11-26-2008, 1:19 PM
I usually only check off the things that I've changed. If I've changed verts for the head and eyes, and the uvw map for the head and teeth, then those would be the only four things checked. So, even though I might have changed the uvw for the teeth, I wouldn't check the verts for the teeth.

Thanks, that helped. The model looks good in GMax. Although I have a new problem;
When I throw my head into my override along with my texture and 2da files, and I test in-game, there is a headless snowsuit. I made sure I did everything correctly...
 redrob41
11-27-2008, 3:08 AM
At a guess, it's probably a naming error. What are the names of your mdl, mdx, tga files; and what are the lines in your heads, appearance, and portraits 2da files? If you post those, we can double check 'em. If there isn't anything wrong with the naming, then it might be that the tga isn't referenced inside the mdl. Did you hex edit the bin mdl? Or did you use the "renamer" function of mdlops? The way to test it would be to re-convert your model into ascii with mdlops, and look in the textures.txt file (it should contain the name of the new tga).
Page: 1 of 1