Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[Blaster] in-game/export issues...

Page: 1 of 1
 TriggerGod
11-18-2008, 10:24 PM
Another export issue... big shock, amirite? :p

Anyways, I have this modeled blaster, and by following the tutorial on KOTORFiles, (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/info/WepModelA) I got up to the export process. Now, I followed the tutorial to the letter. I deleted the original blaster model, and moved around the blaster/muzzle hooks to be where I want them to be. I export (remembering to use ResetXForm) and when I look in my directory, there is the file! The export did work. I send MdlOps to do the final deed - Read and Write the exported model, like the tutorial said. I then renamed the models appropriately, and set up all the other files I needed (the uti file, a (badly made) icon, and an edited merchant file for Oondar, where the blaster will appear). I chucked all the files into my override, and started up my game. To my amazement, my exile can make a blaster disappear!

I take the new model file and make an ascii of it, and imported it into GMax. To my amazement (again -_-), there was nothing there but the AuroraBase and the hooks. (along with Ignore_NGon) No model at all.

Now, I'm stumped. I made sure I did everything correct. Could it be that its not exporting because I used a cylinder instead of an NGon? Or is it another problem?
 DarthParametric
11-18-2008, 10:41 PM
Is it linked? Stuff not linked will disappear no?

As long as it was made an editable mesh it shouldn't matter what sort of primitive you started out with. It's all the same once it has been converted to verts and polys.
 TriggerGod
11-19-2008, 6:16 PM
Is it linked? Stuff not linked will disappear no?

As long as it was made an editable mesh it shouldn't matter what sort of primitive you started out with. It's all the same once it has been converted to verts and polys.

By linked, you mean to the Aurora Base? Then no. I should try that.

And yes, I did make it into an editable mesh. I just got kind of concerned because I thought ignore_ngon would ignore everything but NGons....
 svцsh
11-19-2008, 9:13 PM
All models have to be linked to the Aurora base in one of two ways either you manually link your pieces up with the link tool or use "fast linker" under the General Utils in the nwmax rollout.

Hide the old model then area select everything in your scene and click "fast linker" any hidden models or unlinked models stay behind in your scene when you export out of [g]max so you don't really have to delete the old model, as long as it's no longer linked to the Aurora base.

Mask's, guns, and swords can use the fast linker. Body's and sabers use manual linking, the parent is always the Aurora base even on a saber we link to the dummy and the dummy is linked to the base already.

Ignor_ngon is just there to show which direction is the front.

svösh
Page: 1 of 1