Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

<Champions of the Force> A Republic Guild Now Recruiting

Page: 1 of 2
 Meldarion
11-13-2008, 12:48 AM
Champions of the Force

-= The Best Damn Republic Guild in the Galaxy =-

Name: Champions of the Force (http://www.Championsoftheforce.com)
Server: PvP-oriented US server, exact type TBD
Alignment: Galactic Republic
Type: PvP-oriented
Leaders: Meldarion, Evar, Getet
Recruiting: We are recruiting active mature members
Classes/Races: All Republic
Vent: 100 man Ventrilo, required at release

Guild Purpose
The Champions of the force look to rid the galaxy of Sith tyranny and restore balance to the force. In game we will assert ourselves as the best republic PvP guild. By organizing and training for the game while also participating in community events like role plays and contests we will learn to work as a team and prepare ourselves for launch.

Do You Have What It Takes ?
Champions of the Force is currently recruiting mature Republic players who are vested in PVP and Raiding but are encouraging and interested in Role Playing. We are a growing community with members from all over the world, unfortunately we can only allow English speaking members. We require all members to be active and contribute to the guild in any way they can. A microphone and Ventrillo is recommended but not required.

What is Champions of the Force ?
Champions of the Force will be a Republic guild focused on PVP and Raiding while promoting Role Playing and guild interaction. We are recruiting all Republic players regardless of Light or Dark side. CotF is NOT a Jedi only guild and Roleplaying is not required.

What Server Will You Play On ? CotF will join a PVP or RPPVP Server (undecided). We will meet with other prominent Republic guilds to make sure we play on the most dedicated and strong Republic server possible. Once there we will work with our Republic allies to bring justice to the Sith wherever possible.

Why Join?

No Drama Policy
We support all play styles
Large and Active Ventrilo Server
Focus on securing a base or guild city
Diverse and Growing International Community
Highly Active Forums. High Level Active forum Roleplays
Seasonal Newsletter to keep you informed on guild happenings
Champions of the force has a unique leadership setup, If you join you can be assured the Champs will be with you at launch.

Guild Website (http://Championsoftheforce.com)

Guild Forums (http://championsoftheforce.com/forum/index.php)

To Join
Click Here to Apply ! (http://championsoftheforce.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)

Guild Command Structure
High Council
Jedi Masters | Admiral of the Navy | Commandant of the Marines
Jedi Knights | Captain of the Navy | Master Sergent of the Marines
Jedi Padawans | Navy Midshipmen | Marine Trooper

Divisions and Ranks

Champions of the Force Marine Division (http://championsoftheforce.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
Lock and Load the 1st Marine division is dedicated to protecting the republic, without those light toys.
Champions of the Force Navy (http://championsoftheforce.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
Elite pilots and scoundrels to boot, the CotF Navy paves the way to battle.
Jedi Academy (http://championsoftheforce.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)

The CotF Jedi Order, Watchmen, Ever vigilant against the coming storm.

Current Guild Roster 200+

*NEW*

Guild Interview with Forums of the Old Republic
(http://www.forumsoftheoldrepublic.com/pom-plaza/5090-swtor-guild-watch-champions-force.html)

Named Guild of the Month by SWTOR Archives (http://www.swtorarchives.com/swtor-archive-articles/13-guild-of-the-month/65-qstrength-through-disciplineq-a-look-inside-champions-of-the-force)
 SpartanPride
11-13-2008, 1:12 AM
Hmm... you know - pre-recruiting may not be such a bad idea. It would be cool if we could get people on these forums in one guild... or whatever they're having.
 Meldarion
11-13-2008, 1:42 AM
Hmm... you know - pre-recruiting may not be such a bad idea. It would be cool if we could get people on these forums in one guild... or whatever they're having.

Thats kind of what I was thinking It would help us all get on the same server and stand a chance against the "Uber Leet" guilds later on.
 SpartanPride
11-13-2008, 1:50 AM
Hmm... if you're already starting the guild, this would be the first guild ever created for TOR :)

Anyway, I will join the guild if I don't change my mind to get the game.
 Tommycat
11-13-2008, 3:06 AM
Well I know my guild is recruiting for Republic as well. Of course we haven't decided what server we're going to be on... mainly because.... um... we don't know what servers there will be.

I won't mention my guild out of respect to the OP.
 True_Avery
11-13-2008, 3:25 AM
Being that we do not have a guild forum thus far, I'll allow Guild Threads in main discussion for now. Just try to not turn it into too much of an ad campaign, or conflict between possible recruits!

(Also, it should probably be noted that we still know next to nothing solid about the game, and it may be over a year before a pre-beta or release)
 Sabretooth
11-13-2008, 3:43 AM
I dunno guys, isn't it a little too early for planning guilds and stuff. :/
 Meldarion
11-13-2008, 6:24 PM
Well I know my guild is recruiting for Republic as well. Of course we haven't decided what server we're going to be on... mainly because.... um... we don't know what servers there will be.

I won't mention my guild out of respect to the OP.
No man go ahead Champions of the Force is always looking for allies man no worries.
 DarthJacen
11-13-2008, 7:57 PM
*Snipped for space*

~T_A

I would like to join, but I have no avatar at this time due to the fact that the game is still in its early stages. But, I play Tohee in SWG on Kauri
 adamqd
11-14-2008, 5:56 AM
Nice Idea, but do we know that they'll even be guild's raiding and PVP?

This is a bad thing to say cause I play SWG occasionally, but I keep having this recurring nightmare that the second i walk into tOR after creating my toon, every single inch of the landscape has been reserved for and by 200,000 Dev hating SWG vets, and they'll all be partying discussing there casual fan knowledge and bitching about Jedi being a starter Class... :shudder:
 Miltiades
11-14-2008, 3:35 PM
It'd be nice, if I buy the game, to be part of the guild of one of the communities I'm part of. But for me, it's too early to decide on such a thing.
 EnderWiggin
11-14-2008, 4:09 PM
I dunno guys, isn't it a little too early for planning guilds and stuff. :/

agree.

_EW_
 DarthJacen
11-14-2008, 4:10 PM
By the way guys, check your homophones, just so you know. You're recruiting lawyers.

Council and counsel are homophones (the stressed first syllable rhymes with town), but a council is “a committee or group of advisers,” and the noun counsel is “advice,” or “another name for a lawyer.” The verb counsel means “to advise.” Consul is pronounced differently (KAHN-suhl) and means “the commercial representative of a national government who is based in a foreign city,” or “an old Roman or French chief magistrate.
 Tommycat
11-14-2008, 4:11 PM
Nice Idea, but do we know that they'll even be guild's raiding and PVP?

This is a bad thing to say cause I play SWG occasionally, but I keep having this recurring nightmare that the second i walk into tOR after creating my toon, every single inch of the landscape has been reserved for and by 200,000 Dev hating SWG vets, and they'll all be partying discussing there casual fan knowledge and bitching about Jedi being a starter Class... :shudder:

Well after looking at the TOR forum, I wouldn't be surprised. I really wish many of the pre-cu vets would stop with trying to make TOR into pre-CU. Don't get me wrong, if SWG were to go back to that, I might not be giving TOR a second look. HOWEVER, I want TOR to be a different game altogether. Besides, I have a guild of over 300 members on Galaxies. Well it's one I helped co-found. I'll probably be paying for both for a while.

The guild will be called "Kill All Imps" The founding members are:
Su-Zaan
Vadarios
Anakain

We are completely council run. While the guild leader is Su-Zaan, all decisions are made by a majority vote in the council.

In Galaxies, we have a city and shuttle on almost every planet in the Flurry galaxy. We have several very good crafters, and quite a few helpers. I'm one of the heads of our space wing(I've been given the title Captain Vadarios) and have helped countless people(in and out of guild) achieve the rank of Master Pilot.
 Meldarion
11-14-2008, 6:54 PM
By the way guys, check your homophones, just so you know. You're recruiting lawyers.

Council and counsel are homophones (the stressed first syllable rhymes with town), but a council is “a committee or group of advisers,” and the noun counsel is “advice,” or “another name for a lawyer.” The verb counsel means “to advise.” Consul is pronounced differently (KAHN-suhl) and means “the commercial representative of a national government who is based in a foreign city,” or “an old Roman or French chief magistrate.

Of all the things that I've been accused of missing homophones is not one of them lol thanks for the heads up though I didnt even notice.
 DarthJacen
11-14-2008, 7:41 PM
Of all the things that I've been accused of missing homophones is not one of them lol thanks for the heads up though I didnt even notice.

You're welcome prospective guildie. I thought, you should know that you were recruiting a law firm, instead of a guild council. Haha
 Meldarion
11-14-2008, 8:00 PM
You're welcome prospective guildie. I thought, you should know that you were recruiting a law firm, instead of a guild council. Haha

Hey maybe I should have left it as Counsel you never know when your going to need a lawyer lol !
 Web Rider
11-14-2008, 8:19 PM
If guilds are done ala WoW(which they probably will), then this is a good idea, otherwise I think you're jumping the gun a bit. We know hardly anything about gameplay as it is.
 DarthJacen
11-14-2008, 8:52 PM
Hey maybe I should have left it as Counsel you never know when your going to need a lawyer lol !

I thought, you were going to be a light side guild! Only hard line criminals need their own law firm.
 Tommycat
11-14-2008, 9:02 PM
I thought, you were going to be a light side guild! Only hard line criminals need their own law firm.

To quote Ben Franklin:
It is the innocent that need lawyers. The guilty can lie for themselves.
 DarthJacen
11-14-2008, 11:25 PM
To quote Ben Franklin:
It is the innocent that need lawyers. The guilty can lie for themselves.

Ben Franklin didn't know about polygraphs
 Tommycat
11-15-2008, 4:48 PM
Ben Franklin didn't know about polygraphs

and polygraphs can be cheated. by both sides.... oh... and they are inadmissible in court... :D
In fact I heard about at least one instance where they used a copier with a sheet of paper with "LIE" used to get a confession out of someone.
 Meldarion
11-15-2008, 5:40 PM
and polygraphs can be cheated. by both sides.... oh... and they are inadmissible in court... :D
In fact I heard about at least one instance where they used a copier with a sheet of paper with "LIE" used to get a confession out of someone.

Now thats good detective work!
 DarthJacen
11-16-2008, 2:57 AM
Now thats good detective work!

It's the human soul, if they still have one (it is possible to "kill" it off), which is what happens with a Jedi completes his sith naming ritual, I know, I've had to reawaken my own several times, that ends up confessing. Detectives, just, use that to their advantage a lot.
 Nedak
11-16-2008, 1:55 PM
I'm going to start a guild once classes are announced.
 Meldarion
11-17-2008, 2:12 AM
*Snipped for space*

~T_A

I would like to join, but I have no avatar at this time due to the fact that the game is still in its early stages. But, I play Tohee in SWG on Kauri

Sorry I missed over this post some how please go ahead and apply on our forums its fine if you dont have a avatar yet man we have plenty of time :D
 DarthJacen
11-17-2008, 1:12 PM
Sorry I missed over this post some how please go ahead and apply on our forums its fine if you don't have a avatar yet man we have plenty of time :D

Yeah, I don't want to pick a name and find out that it is either illegal due to copyright laws or already taken as was the case several times with Star Wars Galaxies

For example, Darth Jacen is completely illegal
 Meldarion
11-17-2008, 11:31 PM
Yeah, I don't want to pick a name and find out that it is either illegal due to copyright laws or already taken as was the case several times with Star Wars Galaxies

For example, Darth Jacen is completely illegal

If you want you can just apply as DarthJacen its no biggie lol.
 John Galt
11-18-2008, 12:40 PM
Count me in.

My only MMO experience is being the GM of <Tenth Legion>, a WoW guild on The Forgotten Coast.
 DarthJacen
11-18-2008, 1:23 PM
If you want you can just apply as DarthJacen its no biggie lol.

Thank you, I did apply to your forum, but my guild application will have to wait until the game is at least in its beta stage.
 Meldarion
11-18-2008, 6:55 PM
Count me in.

My only MMO experience is being the GM of <Tenth Legion>, a WoW guild on The Forgotten Coast.

Hey man glad to hear our interested if you dont mind please submit an application at our site ~snipped~
 Da_Man_2423
11-23-2008, 7:55 PM
Already have guilds recruiting? I need to stop leaving the forums for 1 month at a time...

I'd love to sign up, but I'll probably think about it for awhile before signing up so early before the game is even out.
 Meldarion
11-25-2008, 10:18 PM
Already have guilds recruiting? I need to stop leaving the forums for 1 month at a time...

I'd love to sign up, but I'll probably think about it for awhile before signing up so early before the game is even out.

Lol yeah the community is growing rapidly, anyhow check out our forums for more info ~snipped~
 True_Avery
11-26-2008, 3:30 AM
You've already posted your site link once. I'm being generous by bending the rules for guild threads, but don't push the envelope anymore than you need to. Posts containing forum links past the initial need will be deleted or cut down for violating the advertising rule.

Thanks.
 Meldarion
11-26-2008, 4:27 AM
Ah very sorry I will reread the Rules and FAQ section good sir.
 gianner
11-26-2008, 7:40 AM
I am interested too. But since you are currently accepting only N. Americans I will have to wait...
My previous MMO experiences are average.
Played Wow for quite a long time. Then SWG came out. Could not resist to star wars!!!... Advanced as a pilot.

But since most of you here wait for something like a beta to come out, its ok!
 Meldarion
11-30-2008, 2:47 AM
I am interested too. But since you are currently accepting only N. Americans I will have to wait...
My previous MMO experiences are average.
Played Wow for quite a long time. Then SWG came out. Could not resist to star wars!!!... Advanced as a pilot.

But since most of you here wait for something like a beta to come out, its ok!

After a quick council meeting we've decided we're recruiting all English Speaking players !
 gianner
11-30-2008, 11:11 AM
After a quick council meeting we've decided we're recruiting all English Speaking players !

That is great.
 True_Avery
11-30-2008, 7:34 PM
You probably don't have to worry about language mixing in the game, as non-English areas are usually given their own servers.
 Meldarion
12-01-2008, 3:32 AM
ideally yeah lol
 DarthJacen
12-01-2008, 10:50 AM
Summary

Kyp Durron continued his rampage to destroy the Galactic Empire with the Sun Crusher to avenge his brother (whom he inadvertently kills when he destroys Carida). Luke, who was in a suspended animation state after the fight between himself and Exar Kun, made every attmpt he can to save his body from the evil spirit of Exar Kun. After reaching out to the Jedi twins, he warns them about the danger. In the end, all the apprentices unite and Exar Kun is destroyed. After the death of Exar Kun, Kyp comes to the light side again. Luke forgives Kyp but many throughout the galaxy, especially the Empire, shall hate him forever. Kyp takes the Sun Crusher into the Maw to destroy it.

After Wedge Antilles and his group of fighters reach the Maw Installation, the last of Admiral Daala's ships, the Gorgon, limps back to Imperial installation in the Maw near Kessel. After destroyong the Installation and blowing an ionic asteroid, Admiral Daala successfully fakes her death and escapes. Meanwhile, Bevel Lemelisk and his group of scientists escape on the prototype Death Star. Before they could go far, Kyp crashes his ship, the Sun Crusher into the prototype and hauls both ships into a black hole. Kyp escapes by getting into a pod.

Now Kyp has redeemed himself to the Jedi Order, himself, and Luke.

Are you even allowed to use the title of a copyrighted novel as your guild name?

Power of the Force is also copyrighted as well. http://www.poweroftheforce.com/)
 PoiuyWired
12-01-2008, 1:39 PM
Any Sith Guilds yet?
 Meldarion
12-01-2008, 2:34 PM
Hopefully yes, and yes theres a few sith guilds floating around
 True_Avery
12-01-2008, 4:06 PM
Are you even allowed to use the title of a copyrighted novel as your guild name?

Power of the Force is also copyrighted as well. http://www.poweroftheforce.com/)
I dunno, are you allowed to use the name of a Star Wars character as your registered forum name?
 TKA-001
12-01-2008, 4:14 PM
Who in the Star Wars universe is named "Darth Jacen"?
 True_Avery
12-01-2008, 4:56 PM
Who in the Star Wars universe is named "Darth Jacen"?
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Caedus)

His name just switches the Caedus with his original name. It would be like calling yourself DarthAnakin.
 adamqd
12-01-2008, 5:01 PM
yea, you cant call yourself Lando Solo, or obi-gon qui-kenobi etc
 DarthJacen
12-01-2008, 8:40 PM
I dunno, are you allowed to use the name of a Star Wars character as your registered forum name?

I've already pointed out my name is illegal, and that I will have a different name when I enroll with The Old Republic. I was thinking something like Phrancis Livewell. I know, I can't use my forum name in Star Wars Galaxies.
 True_Avery
12-01-2008, 8:41 PM
I've already pointed out my name is illegal, and that I will have a different name when I enroll with The Old Republic. I was thinking something like Phrancis Livewell. I know, I can't use my forum name in Star Wars Galaxies.
I may have misunderstood.

Are asking "Will the game allow you to call yourself this, or will it be blocked like many of the names?"
 DarthJacen
12-01-2008, 8:52 PM
I may have misunderstood.

Are asking "Will the game allow you to call yourself this, or will it be blocked like many of the names?"

Correct! I'm asking if the game will allow you to keep that guild name?
Page: 1 of 2