Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

M4-78 Enhancement Project

Page: 1 of 1
 DarthStoney
11-11-2008, 11:12 AM
As most people know the M478 mod I released needed work. Like a more complete storyline and an ending for the planet.

Hopefully with the improvements being made it will be a much better story and more complete.

What's being added, altered and removed in the M4-78EP *SPOILERS!*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As people seem to be a lil' bit confused about what exactly the M4-78EP will contain, I decided to create a (short) list of the new content being added in the mod, as well as the stuff that is being removed from the original M4-78 Restoration and/or modified. We will of course not reveal everything as we do not want to spoil too much ;) But there are enough of spoilers here already so watch out! ;)

The following list covers the most significant areas of the mod. Due to a wide-ranging revision and expansion of the planet's storyline from the M4-78R, the amount of smaller changes, alterations and additions in the M4-78EP is too big to list everything.

:: Content present in the M4-78R, removed in the M4-78EP ::

- Vash's apperance in the Enclave on Dantooine - The Jedi Master will die on M4-78 regardless if you choose to spare her during your encounter.
- The Exile's "death" - includes the cut-scene with T3 rescuing the Exile and the Party Members discussing his "death" on the Ebon Hawk.
- Encounter with Darth Sion - Lord of Pain will make a cameo apperance in the M4-78EP only.
- Nihilus versus Sion cut-scene on Ravager - connected with the Exile's death. However, the scene of Sion announcing he will travel to the Droid Planet is being kept.
- Goto's Yacht puzzles - finding, downloading and/or uploading Reset, Shut Down, Overload programs necessary to access and operate on restrcted systems such as Minefield, Power Distribution etc.
- Female Twi'lek Jedi Tourath - replaced with a new character.
- Revan's connection to M4-78 - the sub-plot of Revan visiting the Droid Planet in search of the True Sith will be removed.

:: New content added in the M4-78EP ::

- New, leading character - M4-78's main villain.
- The planet's backstory - you will have a chance to learn more about M4-78's mysterious past.
- New main-quests - gaining an access to the 2nd Recharge Station and the Sealed Chambers in the Industial Zone will require more from you to do than just blasting the droids.
- BIK movies - there is a possibility that there will be more movies in the mod apart from the Landing and Leaving ones.
- New droids units to interact with - you will have to co-operate with many of them to reach Master Vash.
- Appointing the new Colonists - you will have a possibility to appoint the new Colonist(s) who may aid you later in your journey, after you leave M4-78.
- A greater connection to Korriban - Sion's commands ordered after you flee from the Academy will be have actual consequences.
- A cameo apperance of a familiar face from Kotor 1
- Custom models - new models for placeables and some of the characters.
- Side-quests - bonus missions to keep you occupied.
- Upgrades for your droid companions - you will be able to obtain special upgrades for T3-M4, HK-47 or G0-T0.
- New VOs - most of the new characters will be fully voiced. We will do our best to record the best VOs possible.

:: Modified/altered M4-78R content ::

- Expansion of the original storyline - wide-ranging expansion of the planet's storyline from the M4-78R.
- Encounter with Kaah - you cannot kill Vash's Apprentice on your first encounter with him. Kaah will appear during the planet's finale.
- Droid M4-78's involvement - the planet's supreme droid intelligence will play a much greater role.
- Radiation Leak quest - alteration of the very first mission on M4-78 (due to removal of the Goto's Yacht puzzles) in which you sent one of your droids (T3/HK/G0-T0) to erase the radiation that flooded the Central and Industrial Zone.
- Non-lethal droids - most of the droids in the colony will not attack you if unthreatened or without a specific order assigned by someone.
- Re-recording of the Voice-Overs - some of the VOs for the already existing characters will be replaced or re-recorded in order to adjust their quality and also due to the changes in the dialogues.

The above list is not a definitive one and will most likely be modified, with stuff added, removed or expanded while we continue to make progress on the mod.
 SpartanPride
11-11-2008, 1:07 PM
Oh, cool to see this up!
 Darth Payne
11-11-2008, 2:59 PM
I got in just fine.

I have to say that this is looking very promesing.
 Stream
11-11-2008, 3:04 PM
There's some problems with subdomains on the server which I'm in the process of fixing. Until then the M4-78 Enhancement Project website can be found here (http://www.deadlystream.com/m4-78ep).

If you have any comments or suggestions about the site, please post them on the M4-78 forums found here (http://www.deadlystream.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54).

--Stream
 Ferc Kast
11-11-2008, 5:13 PM
Sounds intriguing; I definitely like the skin of Kaah. (or however you spell his name)
 Arбtoeldar
11-11-2008, 7:46 PM
Impressive

Keep of the great work Lady and Gentlemen.
 Endorenna
11-11-2008, 8:17 PM
So, are you releasing this where I already have to have M4-78 installed, or where I have to uninstall the M4-78 mod and install this instead? :confused:

PS: Sorry about the stupid question. I haven't been using mods for very long, so I'm a total and complete nOOb. :/
 Sharen Thrawn
11-11-2008, 8:37 PM
So, are you releasing this where I already have to have M4-78 installed, or where I have to uninstall the M4-78 mod and install this instead? :confused:

PS: Sorry about the stupid question. I haven't been using mods for very long, so I'm a total and complete nOOb. :/

Given the ammount of changes (prolly every file in the original M4-78 mod) I think it's safe to assume you will have uninstall the original M4-78 mod and then install M4-78EP. Don't worry. It'll take some time till M4-78EP is finished so you can just keep the original M4-78 mod in your files and enjoy it ;)
 DarthStoney
11-11-2008, 8:47 PM

No question is stupid,thats how we learn.:D But yes due to my own lack of creativity I tried to reuse leftover files and such,which both Goto's yacht and Narshadaa uses.(Obsidian moved them there when M478 was cut) So to avoid conflict to much is being redone to just pach it also it will be easier to make it compatible with TSLRP. Which is the intention to not releasing it until after TSLRP is released.
 Malpense
11-11-2008, 9:06 PM
good to see that more works being done on the project... be interested to see how the storyline work goes
 DarthStoney
11-11-2008, 11:10 PM
good to see that more works being done on the project... be interested to see how the storyline work goes

If your interested ,I might have need of your help with a part of this project you are familier with.
 Endorenna
11-11-2008, 11:59 PM
Given the ammount of changes (prolly every file in the original M4-78 mod) I think it's safe to assume you will have uninstall the original M4-78 mod and then install M4-78EP. Don't worry. It'll take some time till M4-78EP is finished so you can just keep the original M4-78 mod in your files and enjoy it ;)

Well, actually, I haven't installed it yet, just downloaded it. I think I'll wait for the enhanced version. :xp:
 Sharen Thrawn
11-12-2008, 1:32 PM
Well, actually, I haven't installed it yet, just downloaded it. I think I'll wait for the enhanced version. :xp:
Well, it may be a good idea if you don't really know much (or anything) about the planet's storyline (original "draw" by Obsidian), setting etc. This way, the whole mod will be a completly new experience for you. I, for example, feel that I knew a bit too much about the planet prior playing Stoney's original M4-78 mod whitch took away some dose of surprise and curiosity about what's next. But that's my problem with all games I like, I just can't resist spoilers ;)
 HK-42
11-13-2008, 7:34 PM
Cool sounds good im just about to start playing the originial mod. Good Luck on this.
 Pikmin
11-14-2008, 6:24 PM
This is good. Avellone's dream is coming true.

P.s. My own dream is that LA would allow OE to take the four RPs and tweak them and release them as an offcial EP. OR that all the projects could get combined into one project and released as an unoffical EP.
 Qui-Gon Glenn
11-15-2008, 4:16 PM
Nice to see that you are continually improving your mod, and that it still has so much potential! I really thought that the mod as it was after my testing runs, was really quite excellent. Seeing as that there is going to be substantial new content, I am excited by the work you are doing. Keep it up, DSTONEY!!!

I have been on hiatus from playing TSL, although tinkering outside a little. Should you need a warm body, I would be happy to clean out my override and test for you again! I am a little better at testing now than I was then.... :) Practice, practice, practice.
 DarthStoney
11-15-2008, 9:12 PM
Nice to see that you are continually improving your mod, and that it still has so much potential! I really thought that the mod as it was after my testing runs, was really quite excellent. Seeing as that there is going to be substantial new content, I am excited by the work you are doing. Keep it up, DSTONEY!!!

Yes,I will need some testing done and if your interested come over tohttp://www.deadlystream.com/). You still have access to the Team forums and any input is welcome.
 Sharen Thrawn
12-10-2008, 2:05 PM
Thanks for adding the list Stone! :D Hope things will be a bit clearer now :) Also, we have shiny new M4-78EP wallpapers on our website for you to download! :D
 Lord of Hunger
12-10-2008, 4:12 PM
I have to say this here because I'm currently waiting for my account to be activated on Deadly Stream: Thank you DStoney, Sharen Thrawn, and the rest of the team for both M4-78 and the M4-78EP. The original mod really made my day and from what I have read on Deadly Stream the next version will be beyond amazing. You have given so many of us TSL fans a renewed sense of thrill from what was once a broken game and what will soon be a complete game.

I will now borrow a famous line from KOTOR 1:

All hail Lord Stoney. All hail Lord Stoney. All hail Lord Stoney.

:D
 DarthStoney
12-15-2008, 11:43 PM
Big break through(for me anyway) I got the UV mapping fixed for the EH skybox for 801DRO and the change animations working:
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj189/Dstoney64/801cockpit.jpg)
 SpartanPride
12-16-2008, 12:15 AM
^ Gratz ;)
 Cyberevan
12-16-2008, 10:43 PM
What's wrong with the site? I can't get onto it.
 DarthStoney
12-16-2008, 11:50 PM
What's wrong with the site? I can't get onto it.

I think they are doing an upgrade hopefully it will be back up soon.

The forums are back online now
 Xarwarz
12-20-2008, 4:23 AM
Just wonder how the enhancement is going its got to be time consuming
 DarthStoney
12-20-2008, 11:17 AM
It's moving along slowly,I got side tracked with fixing the EH window view and creating some new placeables. This time around I am taking a little more time to get things working as they should.
 whatthehell
12-20-2008, 12:31 PM
thats great. when i first played your mod, i noticed the modules seemed a bit...unfinished. is that true and will you be fixing it?
 Sharen Thrawn
12-20-2008, 12:34 PM
thats great. when i first played your mod, i noticed the modules seemed a bit...unfinished. is that true and will you be fixing it?

That's the reason Stoney decided to stay on M4-78 for a "lil" longer ;) Seriously though, we're doing everything we can to "fill" the modules with life and expand the planet's content greatly. Check the list in the first post to see what will be added :)
 whatthehell
12-20-2008, 12:56 PM
well i can say...im as giddy as a school girl
 Darth_Bane_Wins
06-08-2010, 9:04 PM
DarthStoney could you upload the M4-78EP to filefront.com or somewhere so that people can download it when deadlystream.com is dead like it is at the moment please? Every time I've tried to go there for the past like week 1/2 it's been unavailable so.... I think its offline probably :headbump
 DarthStoney
06-08-2010, 10:59 PM
I'd be happy too but one problem with that, M478EP isn't done yet, it's only about half finished (yes I've been slacking :eek:). But if and when it gets done it would be sent to filefront.
 Revan's Aid
06-09-2010, 12:46 PM
can we at least get a patch to make the current version compatible with TSLRCM?
 Darth_Bane_Wins
06-09-2010, 1:15 PM
Alright thanks for that. I'm looking forward to it :)

*Revans Aid*
Why should he though... He's already half done with this project and programming compatibility is not as easy as most people think... (as shown by win vista and 7)
 Revan's Aid
06-09-2010, 1:22 PM
True I guess.
 Phildevil
06-10-2010, 1:43 AM
Would you rather have him work long for a compatibility patch on an incomplete version or on the newest version that's gonna be compatible anyway?
 Revan's Aid
06-10-2010, 9:08 AM
full version.
Page: 1 of 1