Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Michael Moore's take on the results

Page: 1 of 1
 Nedak
11-05-2008, 12:28 PM
NOTE: I'm an Independent.
Wednesday, November 5th, 2008

Friends,

Who among us is not at a loss for words? Tears pour out. Tears of joy. Tears of relief. A stunning, whopping landslide of hope in a time of deep despair.

In a nation that was founded on genocide and then built on the backs of slaves, it was an unexpected moment, shocking in its simplicity: Barack Obama, a good man, a black man, said he would bring change to Washington, and the majority of the country liked that idea. The racists were present throughout the campaign and in the voting booth. But they are no longer the majority, and we will see their flame of hate fizzle out in our lifetime.

There was another important "first" last night. Never before in our history has an avowed anti-war candidate been elected president during a time of war. I hope President-elect Obama remembers that as he considers expanding the war in Afghanistan. The faith we now have will be lost if he forgets the main issue on which he beat his fellow Dems in the primaries and then a great war hero in the general election: The people of America are tired of war. Sick and tired. And their voice was loud and clear yesterday.

It's been an inexcusable 44 years since a Democrat running for president has received even just 51% of the vote. That's because most Americans haven't really liked the Democrats. They see them as rarely having the guts to get the job done or stand up for the working people they say they support. Well, here's their chance. It has been handed to them, via the voting public, in the form of a man who is not a party hack, not a set-for-life Beltway bureaucrat. Will he now become one of them, or will he force them to be more like him? We pray for the latter.

But today we celebrate this triumph of decency over personal attack, of peace over war, of intelligence over a belief that Adam and Eve rode around on dinosaurs just 6,000 years ago. What will it be like to have a smart president? Science, banished for eight years, will return. Imagine supporting our country's greatest minds as they seek to cure illness, discover new forms of energy, and work to save the planet. I know, pinch me.

We may, just possibly, also see a time of refreshing openness, enlightenment and creativity. The arts and the artists will not be seen as the enemy. Perhaps art will be explored in order to discover the greater truths. When FDR was ushered in with his landslide in 1932, what followed was Frank Capra and Preston Sturgis, Woody Guthrie and John Steinbeck, Dorothea Lange and Orson Welles. All week long I have been inundated with media asking me, "gee, Mike, what will you do now that Bush is gone?" Are they kidding? What will it be like to work and create in an environment that nurtures and supports film and the arts, science and invention, and the freedom to be whatever you want to be? Watch a thousand flowers bloom! We've entered a new era, and if I could sum up our collective first thought of this new era, it is this: Anything Is Possible.

An African American has been elected President of the United States! Anything is possible! We can wrestle our economy out of the hands of the reckless rich and return it to the people. Anything is possible! Every citizen can be guaranteed health care. Anything is possible! We can stop melting the polar ice caps. Anything is possible! Those who have committed war crimes will be brought to justice. Anything is possible.

We really don't have much time. There is big work to do. But this is the week for all of us to revel in this great moment. Be humble about it. Do not treat the Republicans in your life the way they have treated you the past eight years. Show them the grace and goodness that Barack Obama exuded throughout the campaign. Though called every name in the book, he refused to lower himself to the gutter and sling the mud back. Can we follow his example? I know, it will be hard.

I want to thank everyone who gave of their time and resources to make this victory happen. It's been a long road, and huge damage has been done to this great country, not to mention to many of you who have lost your jobs, gone bankrupt from medical bills, or suffered through a loved one being shipped off to Iraq. We will now work to repair this damage, and it won't be easy.

But what a way to start! Barack Hussein Obama, the 44th President of the United States. Wow. Seriously, wow.

Yours,
Michael Moore
MichaelMoore.com
MMFlint@aol.com
 GarfieldJL
11-05-2008, 12:48 PM
Yet another reason why I did not support Obama, nor do I trust Obama...
 Nedak
11-05-2008, 12:49 PM
Yet another reason why I did not support Obama, nor do I trust Obama...

Because... Michael Moore likes him..?
 Tommycat
11-05-2008, 12:51 PM
Lol. About as I would expect Moore to be. He missed Nixon. Anti-Vietnam war elected on the promise of getting us out of Vietnam. Of course he went for the more insulting route. If anyone hurts the Democrat party it is him(much as Rush hurts the Republican party).
 Nedak
11-05-2008, 12:52 PM
Lol. About as I would expect Moore to be. He missed Nixon. Anti-Vietnam war elected on the promise of getting us out of Vietnam. Of course he went for the more insulting route. If anyone hurts the Democrat party it is him(much as Rush hurts the Republican party).

He didn't insult ANYBODY in that email/letter.

That was the entire point.
 GarfieldJL
11-05-2008, 12:53 PM

That's really insulting Rush Limbaugh, heck that comparison would even be insulting Ann Coulter.

Because... Michael Moore likes him..?

More of cause Moore, Ayers, Chavez, Castro, Akmudamadenjad (sp?) all seem to like Obama, is why I don't trust Obama.
 Nedak
11-05-2008, 12:57 PM
That's really insulting Rush Limbaugh, heck that comparison would even be insulting Ann Coulter.

Oh yeah! Rush Limbaugh is a great guy! A liar, a pill-popper, a pig.

Say what you will about Michael Moore, I'm not a fan of him either, but that letter really displayed how he DOES actually care.

The big difference between Michael Moore and Rush Limbaugh.. One doesn't bath in money and pain killers.

Also Michael Moore actually wants to change things for the better, while many see Rush as a selfish slug.

More of cause Moore, Ayers, Chavez, Castro, Akmudamadenjad (sp?) all seem to like Obama, is why I don't trust Obama.

I would like sources for this.

Also, wouldn't that be a good thing if Castro and Akmudamajad like Obama?

We don't want countries to attack us do we? Having a better outlook on our country is only going to help us, not hurt us.

Now, if you think Obama is a communist, I suggest reading a book.
 GarfieldJL
11-05-2008, 12:59 PM
Oh yeah! Rush Limbaugh is a great guy! A liar, a pill-popper, a pig.

Say what you will about Michael Moore, I'm not a fan of him either, but that letter really displayed how he DOES actually care.

The difference between Michael Moore and Rush Limbaugh.. One doesn't bath in money and pain killers.

No Michael Moore specializes in hating America, conspiracy theories, and slander. Do I believe Rush is perfect, hardly, but Rush doesn't preach hate.
 Web Rider
11-05-2008, 1:10 PM
pfft, don't care what Michael Moore thinks, never have, never will.
 Nedak
11-05-2008, 1:13 PM
No Michael Moore specializes in hating America, conspiracy theories, and slander. Do I believe Rush is perfect, hardly, but Rush doesn't preach hate.

HAH, I think that letter displayed that Michael Moore doesn't hate America. If he did he wouldn't have supported an American Candidate. Also, conspiracy theories aren't hating America, it's questioning higher government. Since when is questioning your government a bad thing? I thought we encouraged the "think for yourself, question authority" mentality? If we didn't encourage that, we would be no different then a communist country.

Also, how is wanting to bomb foreign countries, and being a racist pig not hateful?
 Tommycat
11-05-2008, 1:27 PM
Besides Obama wasn't elected on the war. He was elected because the economy tanked badly. That changed people's priorities.
 jrrtoken
11-05-2008, 1:34 PM
Duh? Haven't you heard? Liberal = Un-American. Since Moore is a liberal, he obviously hates America, end of line.
 GarfieldJL
11-05-2008, 1:36 PM
Duh? Haven't you heard? Liberal = Un-American. Since Moore is a liberal, he obviously hates America, end of line.

Not all liberals hate America, its just liberals like Rev. Wright, Ayers, and Moore that hate America.

For instance, I know Jae is a liberal, but I don't believe Jae hates America, far from it.

I also know Rev. Wright is a liberal, I know he hates America based on his sermons.
 Nedak
11-05-2008, 1:38 PM
Not all liberals hate America, its just liberals like Rev. Wright, Ayers, and Moore that hate America.

There is a clear difference between being a radical and hating America..

Both sides have radicals who are equally as bad.. However, I wouldn't give Moore the title of a radical..

Also, thanks for responding to my posts. ;)

I also know Rev. Wright is a liberal, I know he hates America based on his sermons.
Please give sources. If he has expressed his distaste for America, please post it!

Also, remember that Saddam Hussein once endorsed America. By your logic, if a harsh dictator likes an American candidate (or in this case America) they are not to be trusted.
 jrrtoken
11-05-2008, 1:41 PM
For instance, I know Jae is a liberal, but I don't believe Jae hates America.Oh really now? What is your proof of that?
 GarfieldJL
11-05-2008, 1:53 PM
There is a clear difference between being a radical and hating America..

Both sides have radicals who are equally as bad.. However, I wouldn't give Moore the title of a radical..

Also, thanks for responding to my posts. ;)

I don't think I have anyone on my ignore list because even people I don't care for occassionally have a good point. I would give Moore the title of radical though I think Yar-El or Tommycat may want to show how Moore is a radical.

Please give sources. If he has expressed his distaste for America, please post it!

Warning some rather mature language: Video 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZVzAAVU-U4)

Also, remember that Saddam Hussein once endorsed America. By your logic, if a harsh dictator likes an American candidate (or in this case America) they are not to be trusted.

Wasn't Saddam also at war with Iran at the time?

I don't recall him being for any US candidate since then, I do remember him being buddies with Chirac though.
 Tommycat
11-05-2008, 2:07 PM
Moore hates America. You can tell by the 'genocide" and "built on the backs of slaves" comments. It doesn't take much extrapolation to gather that.

He does have some valid points at times, and some things he says are right. But I really put about as much stock in his opinion as I do Rush Limbaugh.

and by the way Moore is wealthy too. we just haven't heard if he uses pain pills. He might. It wouldn't surprise me if he was on some rather good stuff either. Even Liberals I know admit he's a nut job(might just be that I have more centrist Liberal friends).

I really don't think he cares so much as he wants to draw attention to himself.
 Nedak
11-05-2008, 2:12 PM
I don't think I have anyone on my ignore list because even people I don't care for occassionally have a good point.
What is your point?
I would give Moore the title of radical though I think Yar-El or Tommycat may want to show how Moore is a radical.

Warning some rather mature language: Video 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZVzAAVU-U4)
Yes, Revered Wright. I apologize because for some reason I thought you were talking about Jesse Jackson.

However, I see more racism here then actual hate toward America. He claims the Government is racist, while he himself is racist. I wouldn't say he's hating against America, but I would say he hates white government.. Which is more of a race issue then an actual America issue.

Even though I find him as a sad individual, this has nothing to do with Obama's integrity. Obama has disconnected himself with this Reverend after hearing that.

Again, there are extremes on both sides (I.E Ted Haggard)

Wasn't Saddam also at war with Iran at the time?

I don't recall him being for any US candidate since then, I do remember him being buddies with Chirac though.

Correct, they were at war with Iran during that time. But he was still a dictator.

Also, I would say he didn't oppose Reagen (whom if If I'm not mistaken was president at the time), since we DID give them weapons in the first place.

Here is a picture of Saddam and Rumsfeld:

http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB82/handshake300.jpg)

combined double post :) --Jae ~Thank you Jae:D~Han

Moore hates America. You can tell by the 'genocide" and "built on the backs of slaves" comments. It doesn't take much extrapolation to gather that.
So you're saying that America WAS NOT built by genocide and on the back of slaves?

He does have some valid points at times, and some things he says are right. But I really put about as much stock in his opinion as I do Rush Limbaugh.

and by the way Moore is wealthy too. we just haven't heard if he uses pain pills. He might. It wouldn't surprise me if he was on some rather good stuff either. Even Liberals I know admit he's a nut job(might just be that I have more centrist Liberal friends).

I really don't think he cares so much as he wants to draw attention to himself.

Don't get me wrong.. I can't stand Michael Moore. But I would NEVER put him in the same arena as Anne Coulter or Rush Limbaugh. Rush Limbaugh would bash drug addicts and go on about how much of losers they were, when HE HIMSELF was addicted to pain killers.

I think it would be more appropriate to compare O'Reilly with Moore, rather then Limbaugh with Moore.

Rush Limbaugh lies constantly (example: was anti-McCain then few days later was pro-McCain), but Moore's opinions are mostly things that can't be proven or disproven. Yes, I think Moore does like the attention, but I could never put him up with Limbaugh.
 mimartin
11-05-2008, 2:42 PM
So you're saying that America WAS NOT built by genocide and on the back of slaves? Yea, I saw no argument with Moore on that. While Moore is a little too far to the left for my taste, he made a point there that I cannot disagree with. While that part of American history does shame me, there is no denying it happened. Anyone that disagrees with Moore on that or considers those comments un-American should study American history a little closer. Try reading some African-American history and Native American History.

I’ll admit I’m a little bias in this area as my grandmother was born on a reservation in Oklahoma. Anyone that considers his remark offensive please read up on the Trail of Tears before calling Mr. Moore un-American for that comment.
 Tommycat
11-05-2008, 2:43 PM
So you're saying that America WAS NOT built by genocide and on the back of slaves?

No it wasn't. While those were parts of it, using those as the defining of our nation's creation indicates a clear bias.

Don't get me wrong.. I can't stand Michael Moore. But I would NEVER put him in the same arena as Anne Coulter or Rush Limbaugh. Rush Limbaugh would bash drug addicts and go on about how much of losers they were, when HE HIMSELF was addicted to pain killers.
Are you saying that Michael Moore isn't a hypocrite?

I think it would be more appropriate to compare O'Reilly with Moore, rather then Limbaugh with Moore.

Rush Limbaugh lies constantly (example: was anti-McCain then few days later was pro-McCain), but Moore's opinions are mostly things that can't be proven or disproven. Yes, I think Moore does like the attention, but I could never put him up with Limbaugh.
Moore lies constantly as well. His statements and movies have been disproven. They have some things that are correct, but edits are done to mischaracterise what the actual events are.

Sorry, my opinion is he's just as bad as Limbaugh. You won't sway that.
 GarfieldJL
11-05-2008, 2:52 PM
Yes, Revered Wright. I apologize because for some reason I thought you were talking about Jesse Jackson.

No problem

However, I see more racism here then actual hate toward America. He claims the Government is racist, while he himself is racist. I wouldn't say he's hating against America, but I would say he hates white government.. Which is more of a race issue then an actual America issue.

He goes way beyond racism, I'd call it outright hatred of America.

Even though I find him as a sad individual, this has nothing to do with Obama's integrity. Obama has disconnected himself with this Reverend after hearing that.

I believe he returned to that church here recently just before the election day vote, so yeah it does speak to Obama's integrity (or lack thereof).

Correct, they were at war with Iran during that time. But he was still a dictator.

Also, I would say he didn't oppose Reagen (whom if If I'm not mistaken was president at the time), since we DID give them weapons in the first place.

Here is a picture of Saddam and Rumsfeld:

http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB82/handshake300.jpg)

Didn't McCain call for Rumsfeld to be fired, or that Rumsfeld be forced to resign since 2003-2004. Also I'll be the first to admit our current president isn't a good judge of charecter.

Slavery occurred over 140 years ago, and we fought a civil war over it among other things. Yes there is a dark side to our past, but there is a dark side to the past in every country, many countries have a past far worse than ours.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't he have some sort of surgery or something where he ended up being put on pain medication. In my opinion there are two kinds of drug users, those that get addicted because of a doctor's stupidity and those that just decide to go out and try drugs to get high. Rush was in the category where some of the responsibility would be the doctor's. But yeah he does need to clarify or he's being hypocritical.

However, Moore is in a whole other category, he is far worse than Rush, he's one of the 9/11 conspiracy nuts along with Rosie O'Donald.

Also isn't Moore associated with moveon.org?

Now you're insulting O'Reilly, seriously O'Reilly is nothing like Moore, whom is one of the key people touting the 9/11 conspiracy theories.

Rush started being pro-McCain when the New York Times started attacking McCain. Furthermore, Rush considered Obama to be far worse than he ever thought McCain was, so in his mind it was the lesser of two evils.
 Nedak
11-05-2008, 2:58 PM
No it wasn't. While those were parts of it, using those as the defining of our nation's creation indicates a clear bias.
In a way it did.. You see, we slaughtered the Native Americans to take our country in the first place. If we didn't do that, who knows what our country would look like now.Also, if we never used Slave Labor (this goes for other countries as well) we would have ALSO never been the kind of country we are today. So yes, in a big sense we WERE built off of those two things.

Are you saying that Michael Moore isn't a hypocrite?
No he is, but I wouldn't say he is as big of one as Limbaugh. I haven't had a reason to believe he would lie to people, saying he is one thing, and yet to turn out to be the thing he hates. Maybe, I just haven't read about it, but that's just what I've seen.

Moore lies constantly as well. His statements and movies have been disproven. They have some things that are correct, but edits are done to mischaracterise what the actual events are.

Sorry, my opinion is he's just as bad as Limbaugh. You won't sway that.

I just haven't seen that, I would love to be wrong though if you supply some evidence.

EDIT:

He goes way beyond racism, I'd call it outright hatred of America.
Why would you call it that? He clearly stated his hate toward the current government, but not America itself.

I believe he returned to that church here recently just before the election day vote, so yeah it does speak to Obama's integrity (or lack thereof).

I'd like to see where he did do that, and regardless if he did or not, he has stated many times he disproves of what the Reverend said and CLEARLY does not share his beliefs. If he hated America why would he run as president?

Didn't McCain call for Rumsfeld to be fired, or that Rumsfeld be forced to resign since 2003-2004. Also I'll be the first to admit our current president isn't a good judge of charecter.

I'm not aware of McCain stating that and I do know Rumsfeld was/is resigning. However, I was talking about Reagen. If I'm not mistaken you have before said you supported Reagen. I was trying to make the point that if you don't like Obama because one dictator doesn't like him, then you must have REALLY not liked Reagen.

Slavery occurred over 140 years ago, and we fought a civil war over it among other things. Yes there is a dark side to our past, but there is a dark side to the past in every country, many countries have a past far worse than ours.
Those countries were built on slavery and genocide just as much as we were. I'm not saying we're any worse then those countries. Facts are facts.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't he have some sort of surgery or something where he ended up being put on pain medication. In my opinion there are two kinds of drug users, those that get addicted because of a doctor's stupidity and those that just decide to go out and try drugs to get high.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/04/28/national/main1561324.shtml)
"They accused Limbaugh of "doctor shopping," or illegally deceiving multiple doctors to receive overlapping prescriptions, after learning that he received about 2,000 painkillers, prescribed by four doctors in six months, at a pharmacy near his Palm Beach mansion."

However, Moore is in a whole other category, he is far worse than Rush, he's one of the 9/11 conspiracy nuts along with Rosie O'Donald.
You mean how Rush Limbaugh said that blacks would take over the US?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/10/15/rush-limbaugh-blacks-trai_n_134816.html)

Also isn't Moore associated with moveon.org?
I didn't see him on the affiliated list, and either way I already said I disliked Moore.

Now you're insulting O'Reilly, seriously O'Reilly is nothing like Moore, whom is one of the key people touting the 9/11 conspiracy theories.
I think you have Moore mixed up with Alex Jones. I WOULD compare Alex with Limbaugh.

Rush started being pro-McCain when the New York Times started attacking McCain.
So he switches when a News Paper dislikes a candiate? Not based off their actual views?

Furthermore, Rush considered Obama to be far worse than he ever thought McCain was, so in his mind it was the lesser of two evils.

He could have just said he didn't like either candiates like most people do. Yet he had to spew more of his lies.
 Jae Onasi
11-05-2008, 3:26 PM
Let's see...this is how I read this, despite the fact that Moore actually was generous and conciliatory, which stunned me to be honest, given his usual demeanor.

Friends,
Read: Liberals. Conservatives need not apply.

Who among us is not at a loss for words? Tears pour out. Tears of joy. Tears of relief. A stunning, whopping landslide of hope in a time of deep despair.
Yes, because Dems have won by such a little amount for so long that 52.39% is now considered a whopping landslide.

In a nation that was founded on genocide and then built on the backs of slaves,
Of course, the fact that it was founded on the premise that all men are created equal and endowed with their Creator with inalienable rights like freedom of speech, something he exercises quite often, is entirely ignored. Good job with that revisionist history, Mike.

it was an unexpected moment, shocking in its simplicity: Barack Obama, a good man, a black man, said he would bring change to Washington, and the majority of the country liked that idea. The racists were present throughout the campaign and in the voting booth. But they are no longer the majority, and we will see their flame of hate fizzle out in our lifetime.
Michael Moore generally annoys me, infuriates me, and frustrates me, and I never thought I'd say this, but I completely agree with him, at least on this point.

There was another important "first" last night. Never before in our history has an avowed anti-war candidate been elected president during a time of war. I hope President-elect Obama remembers that as he considers expanding the war in Afghanistan.
Read: We got you the nomination, you owe us big-time now.

The faith we now have will be lost if he forgets the main issue on which he beat his fellow Dems in the primaries and then a great war hero in the general election: The people of America are tired of war. Sick and tired. And their voice was loud and clear yesterday.
Here's a Big Clue for you, Mike, since you've lost your pass to the Clue Bus: It's the economy, stupid.

It's been an inexcusable 44 years since a Democrat running for president has received even just 51% of the vote. That's because most Americans haven't really liked the Democrats. They see them as rarely having the guts to get the job done or stand up for the working people they say they support.
Maybe because they haven't had the guts to get the job done or stand up for the working people they say they support. The last one I saw who really had the guts to get things done was LBJ. Much as I like Clinton, he waffled on a lot of things and blew his chance to bring about universal health care.

Well, here's their chance. It has been handed to them, via the voting public, in the form of a man who is not a party hack, not a set-for-life Beltway bureaucrat. Will he now become one of them, or will he force them to be more like him? We pray for the latter.
:lol: Obama's not a politician? Mike, the turnip truck left this morning but you forgot to get back on.

But today we celebrate this triumph of decency over personal attack
That's right, we just let the party hacks make the personal attacks for us so we can keep our hands clean.

, of peace over war,Read: Let me remind you if you missed it the first time, Barack--we got you the nomination, you owe us big time.

of intelligence over a belief that Adam and Eve rode around on dinosaurs just 6,000 years ago. What will it be like to have a smart president? Science, banished for eight years, will return.
Read: Yea!! We can squash those religious crackpots into oblivion and repeal freedom of religion, unless you're Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, or any other religion besides Christian, because we all know that being Christian lowers your IQ by 5000 points.

Imagine supporting our country's greatest minds as they seek to cure illness, discover new forms of energy, and work to save the planet. I know, pinch me.Read: We now can kill all the embryos we want, free from those silly people who think that unborn babies have a right to life. Yay for the ability to kill with impunity! What? Adult stem cell research has produced lots of different cures and embryonic stem cell research has produced none? Let's just ignore that inconvenient truth.

We may, just possibly, also see a time of refreshing openness, enlightenment and creativity. The arts and the artists will not be seen as the enemy. Perhaps art will be explored in order to discover the greater truths.
Read: Woohoo!! We now can post porn and any kind of objectionable material all over the place if we want, calling it "art", and anyone offended by that can just go f*** themselves.

When FDR was ushered in with his landslide in 1932, what followed was Frank Capra and Preston Sturgis, Woody Guthrie and John Steinbeck, Dorothea Lange and Orson Welles. All week long I have been inundated with media asking me, "gee, Mike, what will you do now that Bush is gone?" Are they kidding? What will it be like to work and create in an environment that nurtures and supports film and the arts, science and invention, and the freedom to be whatever you want to be? Watch a thousand flowers bloom!
Mike, I've read John Steinbeck. I've read Orson Welles. You, sir, are no Steinbeck.

We've entered a new era, and if I could sum up our collective first thought of this new era, it is this: Anything Is Possible.Read: And Conservatives can't do anything to stop us! Neener neener!!!

An African American has been elected President of the United States! Anything is possible! We can wrestle our economy out of the hands of the reckless rich and return it to the people.Read: Of course, I won't be taxed because I'm not one of the reckless rich, I'm a friend of Obama.

Anything is possible! Every citizen can be guaranteed health care.
I'd love to see that happen, because I'm tired of people going blind or dying from completely preventable problems, but no one should be under any kind of illusion that it won't increase our taxes, because it will.

Anything is possible! We can stop melting the polar ice caps.Well, Mike, if you'd stop blowing a lot of that hot air, I'm sure the earth would cool by at least 10 degrees.

Anything is possible! Those who have committed war crimes will be brought to justice. Anything is possible.Read: what else can I forge or misconstrue or completely slant on my films to screw over conservative warmongers and the soldiers I can't stand, even as they protect my rights to screw them over and say what I want?

We really don't have much time. There is big work to do.Read: There's big work to do whispering in Pelosi's ear to get what I want done before a conservative backlash hits us square in the eyes in 2 years when we go too far with our ultra-left agenda.

But this is the week for all of us to revel in this great moment. Be humble about it.... I know, it will be hard. Mike's inside voice: Because the very idea of humility makes me feel all dirty and icky.

I want to thank everyone who gave of their time and resources to make this victory happen. It's been a long road, and huge damage has been done to this great country, not to mention to many of you who have lost your jobs, gone bankrupt from medical bills,Mike's inside voice: And I'll be right there to film you again if it'll make conservatives look bad.

or suffered through a loved one being shipped off to Iraq.My husband signed on the dotted line to volunteer for military duty, and is on active duty now to serve the US, including slimeballs like you who would do anything possible to denigrate them.

We will now work to repair this damage, and it won't be easy.
Yeah, being honest might be a good start, Mike.

But what a way to start! Barack Hussein Obama, the 44th President of the United States. Wow. Seriously, wow.

I hope he lives up to all our expectations, and can accomplish some of the things he's said he'd do to help out the middle class. I hope he can accomplish universal health care and middle class tax cuts. I hope he can accomplish that without making my other taxes unbearably high, because we have to be honest--if we want government providing us more programs, we _are_ going to pay for it. I'm willing to pay the higher taxes for universal health care, but I hope the taxes don't cripple the economy.

For instance, I know Jae is a liberal,
Apparently you've missed my posts in the abortion or TV/radio decency threads....
 Det. Bart Lasiter
11-05-2008, 3:44 PM
Of course, the fact that it was founded on the premise that all men are created equal and endowed with their Creator with inalienable rights like freedom of speech, something he exercises quite often, is entirely ignored. Good job with that revisionist history, Mike.You forgot the "except blacks and women" part of that. Although it does say men, so I guess you can leave out the part about women.
 Tommycat
11-05-2008, 3:48 PM
In a way it did.. You see, we slaughtered the Native Americans to take our country in the first place. If we didn't do that, who knows what our country would look like now.Also, if we never used Slave Labor (this goes for other countries as well) we would have ALSO never been the kind of country we are today. So yes, in a big sense we WERE built off of those two things.
No, It was founded on the proposition that all men are created equal. It was founded on being free from tyranny. I am not denying that those things happened. That would be uninformed(and dishonest). However to claim it was founded on that is an outright lie. It;s like saying that the freeway system was founded on stealing personal land. While it happened it was not how it was created.

No he is, but I wouldn't say he is as big of one as Limbaugh. I haven't had a reason to believe he would lie to people, saying he is one thing, and yet to turn out to be the thing he hates. Maybe, I just haven't read about it, but that's just what I've seen.

Same difference to me. He also went through rehab to clean up. Moore hasn't made efforts to clean himself up.

I just haven't seen that, I would love to be wrong though if you supply some evidence.
Honestly I can't be bothered with it. I hate even reading his name. I hate the BS he spews.

http://www.mooreexposed.com/)
http://www.nydailynews.com/opinions/2007/07/06/2007-07-06_more_lies_from_moore.html)
http://www.patriotsaints.com/News/911/Conspiracy/Bush/Fahrenheit911_lies/index.html)
http://video.aol.com/video-detail/moore-lies/505048644)

NOTE: I did not verify everything. Simply did a search of "Moore Lies"
 Web Rider
11-05-2008, 4:06 PM
Jae tearing Moore apart

That's like, music to my ears Jae. Moore does everything opposite to Obama, his entire purpose is set on dividing and "us against them", this was not Obama's message and it's simply disgusting to see people twist it like that.
 Nedak
11-05-2008, 4:10 PM
No, It was founded on the proposition that all men are created equal. It was founded on being free from tyranny. I am not denying that those things happened. That would be uninformed(and dishonest). However to claim it was founded on that is an outright lie. It;s like saying that the freeway system was founded on stealing personal land. While it happened it was not how it was created.
I guess I should correct myself.

It BUILT off of those things. They aren't the foundation of what we have today, but without those elements we would not be here as a nation.

Same difference to me. He also went through rehab to clean up. Moore hasn't made efforts to clean himself up.
I'm not sure if Moore has a drug problem, but I do applaud Limbaugh for getting clean (if he did).

Honestly I can't be bothered with it. I hate even reading his name. I hate the BS he spews.

http://www.mooreexposed.com/)
http://www.nydailynews.com/opinions/2007/07/06/2007-07-06_more_lies_from_moore.html)
http://www.patriotsaints.com/News/911/Conspiracy/Bush/Fahrenheit911_lies/index.html)
http://video.aol.com/video-detail/moore-lies/505048644)
I'll say it again. I HATE Michael Moore. I'm NOT in any way defending that man, I'm just trying to show that he is AS BAD as Limbaugh.
 Jae Onasi
11-05-2008, 4:35 PM
Anything is possible!
I wonder if he's related to windu6/windu chi?
 Tommycat
11-05-2008, 4:40 PM
I guess I should correct myself.

It BUILT off of those things. They aren't the foundation of what we have today, but without those elements we would not be here as a nation.
I was answering how Moore saying that our nation was "founded on genocide and built on the backs of slaves"

In truth our country was built more on being really good negotiators more than anything. Land grabs and trickery. Texas was um... borrowed indefinately without permission by the people Mexico invited to come in. But what about all of the innovations we brought. Do they mean nothing because a small percentage owned slaves?

And don't kid yourself about the Native American tribes. They were killing each other long before we got there. Oh and I'm part Cherokee(probably explains my temper haha).
 Nedak
11-05-2008, 4:59 PM
And don't kid yourself about the Native American tribes. They were killing each other long before we got there. Oh and I'm part Cherokee(probably explains my temper haha).

Yes, but they weren't spreading small pox to eachother.

As am I.

But I guess that's all off-topic.
 Lance Monance
11-05-2008, 5:39 PM
lol
I kind of miss Windu and his posts in the senate. :(
 Pho3nix
11-05-2008, 5:46 PM
Heh, that old geezer.
 El Sitherino
11-05-2008, 6:24 PM
This thread is full of idiots, Michael Moore is a bit of a douchebag but you people are seriously out of reality with these statements. The man may be a ****in weirdo but at least he's putting it out in a tolerable and easy to view format.

Wah.
 Q
11-05-2008, 6:30 PM
For instance, I know Jae is a liberal, but I don't believe Jae hates America, far from it.
Jae is a moderate, Garfield.

Yes, there is such a thing in this country, this group is growing larger by the minute and the first of the two major political parties to start courting it will win nearly every election thereafter. You'd think that they would have figured this out by now, instead of always forcing us to choose the lesser of two evils.
Read: There's big work to do whispering in Pelosi's ear to get what I want done before a conservative backlash hits us square in the eyes in 2 years when we go too far with our ultra-left agenda.
Exactly what will happen. This constant seesawing won't stop until we get an actual moderate candidate with a moderate platform. I thought that McCain could be that candidate. Instead, he chose to run as McSame and it cost him the election.
Wait a minute: I thought he was windu chi. :p
 GarfieldJL
11-05-2008, 7:22 PM
Jae is a moderate, Garfield.

Jae isn't exactly a moderate the closest to moderate you could go is several points left of center.

Yes, there is such a thing in this country, this group is growing larger by the minute and the first of the two major political parties to start courting it will win nearly every election thereafter. You'd think that they would have figured this out by now, instead of always forcing us to choose the lesser of two evils.

So taking money from terrorist groups isn't more evil than happening to be in the same party as Bush?

Exactly what will happen. This constant seesawing won't stop until we get an actual moderate candidate with a moderate platform. I thought that McCain could be that candidate. Instead, he chose to run as McSame and it cost him the election.

Okay this is something that gotten very annoying, McCain does not equal Bush, if anything the two of them can't stand each other. I don't think McCain has forgiven Bush for taking potshots at his daughter and his wife in 2000. The two of them have some agreement on policies, but not how to manage things.

In all honesty, if McCain had been President these last eight years we probably would have been out of Iraq last year at the latest with Iraq as a stable country, instead we had tweedly dee wonder dummy botching the entire situation for several years (and Kerry would have been even worse). We also probably wouldn't have been in this financial mess or if we were we'd know who all was responsible because McCain would have had the scalps of those responsible on his desk.
 Nedak
11-05-2008, 7:43 PM
This thread is full of idiots, Michael Moore is a bit of a douchebag but you people are seriously out of reality with these statements. The man may be a ****in weirdo but at least he's putting it out in a tolerable and easy to view format.

Wah.

Don't look at me...

I'm just here eaten meh turkey.
 Corinthian
11-05-2008, 7:46 PM
Why does this have a thread? Is anyone actually surprised that Moore is licking Obama's boots?
 Q
11-05-2008, 7:55 PM
Jae isn't exactly a moderate the closest to moderate you could go is several points left of center.
Apparently you haven't read half as many of her posts as I have. ;)
So taking money from terrorist groups isn't more evil than happening to be in the same party as Bush?
Truth be told, an election is all about what people are willing to believe, reality notwithstanding. With all of the rampant Bush-hate the worst thing McCain could have done was tow the party line, which is exactly what he did and it cost him the election.
Okay this is something that gotten very annoying, McCain does not equal Bush, if anything the two of them can't stand each other. I don't think McCain has forgiven Bush for taking potshots at his daughter and his wife in 2000. The two of them have some agreement on policies, but not how to manage things.
See above.
In all honesty, if McCain had been President these last eight years we probably would have been out of Iraq last year at the latest with Iraq as a stable country, instead we had tweedly dee wonder dummy botching the entire situation for several years (and Kerry would have been even worse). We also probably wouldn't have been in this financial mess or if we were we'd know who all was responsible because McCain would have had the scalps of those responsible on his desk.
There is no doubt in my mind that McCain would have prosecuted the war on terror better than Bush. For starters he would have kicked that fool Rumsfeld to the curb as soon as his incompetence made itself known. This is a moot point now, however, as is any argument based on what-ifs.

Oh, yeah @topic: Moore is an idiot. :D
Page: 1 of 1