Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

How did I screw this up?

Page: 1 of 1
 Clone L68362
10-30-2008, 7:21 PM
I've somehow lost the picture for one of the Jedi robes in my game, it's just a white square, but I'm not sure how.

I downloaded this: http://warpedproductions.echonetwork.net/robemodel.html)

But when I realized females didn't have any new robes, I decided to go for this:http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/K1_Prequel_Style_Robes;72872)

I made sure to delete everything from the first mod, then put the new one in, and now the item pictures are weird. I got rid of that mod too so I have no robe changes, and the robes are fine and the item picture for the robe my PC is wearing shows up but not the one on Bastila. So I'm not even sure how this happened when the files for the item pictures aren't even in the override...

Edit: Yeah, I've double checked, there are no files dealing with robes in my override, so I don't understand why the image for that robe is gone.

Another Edit: I did even more detective work, I gave myself all the knight robes and all of them work, even the brown ones that Bastila is wearing. So ONLY the robes Bastila is wearing at the moment have no picture...I guess I can put the robes in my override, but whatever she's wearing will be a white square on the menus...I'm befuddled. Help!
 Star Admiral
10-30-2008, 10:56 PM
Not sure if it would make any difference, but you could try unequipping the robe Bastila is wearing, removing the item from your inventory with KSE, and then adding it back in. Sometimes when you install a mod and receive an item changed by the mod and then delete the mod, the changes remain for items still in your inventory, even though the mod is already gone. Either that or there is still an item that you didn't delete from the Override.

Could someone else please confirm? I'm not an expert with KOTOR.

- Star Admiral
 Qui-Gon Glenn
10-30-2008, 11:03 PM
^^^^ Mostlikely correct, Star Admiral.

This sounds like a saved-game issue. Your save has slots in either a .2da or simple inventory that no longer exist in your override folder - thus the game gets a little confused.

I think using KSE may be helpful in this instance, as SA advised. However, you may want to revert to a slightly older save than your current (if possible) from before you started installing the two robe mods.
 DarthParametric
11-01-2008, 7:58 AM
When you get a white square in the inventory screen it means you are missing the icon texture for that particular item. Doesn't sound like you deleted everything from your Override folder. It must be a custom item which would mean the game would crash if you tried to equip it without the relevant files in your Override. My guess is you only deleted the icon files (e.g. ia_jedirobe_001.tga).

Do the following. Make a new text file and open it in Notepad. Copy and paste in this:

dir /oe /b >list.txt

Choose Save As and name it dir.bat (make sure you select "All Files" in the File Type drop down menu). Move it into your Override directory and double click it. It will make a text file called list.txt. Open that file and paste the contents here.

In case you are worried, it does nothing malicious, which I'm sure someone else here or a quick Google search will confirm. Just does a DOS directory listing and dumps it to a file. The switches just tell it to show only filenames and to sort it by file type.
 Clone L68362
11-01-2008, 3:33 PM
Oh, should have said that I fixed it, thanks.

But hey, while people are responding, can you help me with something else? I got Kotor Tool, but can't remember how to use it. I want to tone down Jolee's robes (I went through the whole game without any powerful items, suddenly I find Jolee and he's a one man army, heh) but the item, g_a_jedirobe22 isn't on the list. I think I've dealt with this before, but can't remember how to get to an item in the game from a mod.

Edit: And while goofing around trying to figure stuff out on my own, I've found that I can't edit any of the items. I get the exception error no matter what I click on. Help!

And since it's taking a while to get an answer, I'll ask my last question now. If I want to make Jagi wear red Mandalorian armor, what do I set his appearance at? And after I do that and change his attributes (and can I give him a better weapon than a crappy blaster rifle?) all I need to do is save and extract that to the override, right?
 Star Admiral
11-02-2008, 12:17 AM
I've never played the original KOTOR (I know, gasp! :D), so please bear with me. Judging from experience, I would say that Jolee's robe might be located in one of the module files. Go to the one where you first meet up with him and check for the robe there. Once you edit it and drop it into your Override folder, you'll have to remove the existing item from your inventory and then add it back in using KSE for the changes to take effect.

Regarding your second question, I think it might be a bug with KT, as I've gotten it many times as well. Simply click the item again and again and sooner or later, it will open up. If you're really brave and know your way around, you can always use K-GFF editor, though it is much less user-friendly.

Not sure what you mean in your last question. Are you trying to change the armor equipped by Candorous?

- Star Admiral
 Clone L68362
11-02-2008, 2:47 AM
Oh, alright, I got Kotor Tool working. I took it out of the Kotor Tool folder instead of making a shortcut.

Ok, got that figured out, but I still can't find the robes anywhere. Even if they're a mod, they'll be in there somewhere, right?

And the other thing, I meant Jagi, I want to make the fight better so I'm gonna put him in Mandalorian armor, buff his stats and maybe give him a different weapon. I could use some instructions so that I'm sure I do it right.
 DarthParametric
11-02-2008, 3:01 AM
You'll need a UTI file for the game to recognise it as a new item. Assuming it's a pre-existing mod and you have all the proper files in your Override folder then use KSE to edit a save file and add it to your inventory.
 Clone L68362
11-02-2008, 3:27 AM
Yeah, I've got one in my inventory, it's called "g_a_jedirobe22", but I don't see that on the list of items in Kotor Tool.
 DarthParametric
11-02-2008, 6:54 AM
KOTOR Tool only loads the original game files, not anything in the Override folder. If you want to edit the UTI you'll have to manually load it in KT by going to File->Open GFF Files. It will then open it using the in-built item editor.
 Clone L68362
11-02-2008, 1:54 PM
Wow, that was easy. Ok, got that, thanks!

Now I just wanna be sure with Jagi I did things right. I went into his utc file, changed his appearance to a Mandalorian, but left him with clothes. That doesn't matter right? He'll still look like a Mandalorian? For some reason I can't change what he drops after you kill him though...one vibrosword? Lame.

Edit: ARGH, one last thing. This has to be it. Is there a global I can change in KSE to get rid of the tach smell? I don't really want to keep killing them.
 Darth Payne
11-02-2008, 2:32 PM
Did you check the inventory?

It should be easy to drag and drop what you want into his inventory.
 Clone L68362
11-02-2008, 2:37 PM
Oh, didn't know you had to drag and drop.

Ok, just one more thing! I'm almost there!
Page: 1 of 1