Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Star Wars: The Old Republic - The entire reveal presentation in video

Page: 1 of 1
 DarthMaulUK
10-29-2008, 12:49 PM
Popular website Videogaming247.com has posted the full 'Reveal' video from LucasArts.

LucasArts passed over a video edit of the entire reveal presentation of BioWare MMO Star Wars: The Old Republic today, held in San Francisco last week. Watch it after the break.

The movie is nearly 20 minutes long, and contains large sections of talk from BioWare co-founders Ray Muzyka and Greg Zeschuk, as well as talk-throughs on art style and level design from senior developers at the studio.

There are several sections in there from LucasArts president Darrell Rodriguez.

And no: there’s no footage of gameplay. Two trailers were shown at the event - one on the history of the KOTOR franchise, and one showing early gameplay - but both have been edited out. Apparently there’s a movie exclusive deal in place with a US broadcaster, so no such luck for you, we’re afraid.

Watch the video (http://www.videogaming247.com/2008/10/27/star-wars-the-old-republic-the-entire-reveal-presentation-in-video/)
 Miltiades
10-29-2008, 1:30 PM
Something mentioned in there we didn't know already? I'm on smallband for the rest of the month, so watching a 20 minutes long video is out of the question right now for me. :p
 Jeff
10-29-2008, 2:22 PM
I think most of the info was covered in the various live blogging coverages, but it is still cool to hear it right from the boss's mouths.
 Nedak
10-29-2008, 4:24 PM
Weird audio.
 DarthMaulUK
10-29-2008, 4:48 PM
There is nothing new in the video, just the footage from the actual event last week.
 Yar-El
10-31-2008, 5:20 PM
No offense to anyone involved; however, I'm not really impressed with this video. I was more excited by the live web bloggers than the video. Stop the video at 18:39 and you will see an unenthusiastic group. I thought more people were invited. Didn't BioWare say this was a big announcement or something to that regard? It looks like they only invited the neighbors. Why did they even bother? There should have been some game footage. Stating that this announcement was anticlimatic is being kind. Why waste your money on plane tickets if there was nothing to show?
 HK-42
10-31-2008, 5:57 PM
No offense to anyone involved; however, I'm not really impressed with this video. I was more excited by the live web bloggers than the video. Stop the video at 18:39 and you will see an unenthusiastic group. I thought more people were invited. Didn't BioWare say this was a big announcement or something to that regard? It looks like they only invited the neighbors. Why did they even bother? There should have been some game footage. Stating that this announcement was anticlimatic is being kind. Why waste your money on plane tickets if there was nothing to show?

there was some thing to show but it was edited out of the video
 Darth_Yuthura
10-31-2008, 5:59 PM
There was not very much in the video worth watching. I was less interested after the presentation than before the 'demonstration.' The artwork was nice enough, but it generally comes very early in the first phase of a project. What kind of features did they have that they wanted to show?

You don't need a huge hype in order to reveal an original program that is just as interesting as the evidence that lead the US into Iraq. I was expecting more than some comments and no demo of the program.
 True_Avery
11-01-2008, 3:03 AM
Agreed. For a big unveiling, they sure revealed almost nothing about it.

I'd have expected them to at least be into Alpha before they made their "big" announcement.
 Web Rider
11-01-2008, 3:19 AM
I'd have expected them to at least be into Alpha before they made their "big" announcement.

But wait, clearly we have screenshots of "in-game" play smattered across the various TOR websites, even if it's not shown to the public, clearly this indicates that there is some kind of basic program already working.
Page: 1 of 1