Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Damage Immunity/Resistances

Page: 1 of 1
 Star Admiral
10-28-2008, 1:33 PM
I have a question regarding damage immunity and resistances. I know that they don't stack, but when computing the damage dealt to a player, which effect is added first? If I'm not mistaken, the resistance subtracts so many points from the damage dealt, and immunity subtracts the percentage of the damage dealt. Or does immunity offer a percent chance of taking no damage at all?

Any help would be appreciated!

- Star Admiral
 RedHawke
10-29-2008, 5:13 AM
Well it should be resistance calculated first then immunity should be applied to the remaining damage total that penetrates your resistance. The percentage of immunity is the amount the incoming damage is reduced, 50% is halved damage, while 100% is immune to that damage altogether.

For example Fire Resistance of 30 and Damage Immunity Fire of 80%... 100 points of fire damage hit you the resistance takes 30 points off leaving 70 damage, the immunity then takes 56 of the remaining 70 points away leaving 14 points of fire damage to get through.

The usual effect of Immunity is that it takes place after all other defenses have been penetrated.
 Star Admiral
10-29-2008, 4:22 PM
Thanks for the tip. You've been been very helpful!

- Star Admiral
Page: 1 of 1