Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Removing Upgrade Restrictions

Page: 1 of 1
 Star Admiral
10-28-2008, 4:04 AM
I have a question regarding upgrading armor and robes. How would you go about removing the restrictions on upgrade types? For example, some robes can only be upgraded with some underlays, while others can't be upgraded at all. The same goes for armors, with some upgrades being restricted to medium or heavy armors only.

Thanks in advance.

- Star Admiral
 RedHawke
10-29-2008, 5:03 AM
You will need to edit each and every robe and armor uti file in the game and change their upgrade number according to the info in this tutorial (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=144452) (near the bottom of the OP).

Also note KT might be able to do the editing now as that function might have been added on before Fred left us.
 DarthStoney
10-29-2008, 8:46 AM
KT tool does allow you to change it ,but I personally have never gotten it to save the change. The only way I have gotten the change to work is using the kgff editor.
 stoffe
10-29-2008, 9:07 AM
KT tool does allow you to change it ,but I personally have never gotten it to save the change. The only way I have gotten the change to work is using the kgff editor.

There's a bug in KotorTool which maps the value for the Upgrade Level field to the Body Variation input box instead when editing armors and robes. So you need to put the upgrade level value in that box instead for it to be saved.
 Star Admiral
10-29-2008, 4:27 PM
There's a bug in KotorTool which maps the value for the Upgrade Level field to the Body Variation input box instead when editing armors and robes. So you need to put the upgrade level value in that box instead for it to be saved.

For some reason, I always thought that Body Variation had something to do which texture the armor/robe was supposed to use, and thus never considered changing it. One more reason why I'm completely graphics illiterate. :D Thanks for that info.

You will need to edit each and every robe and armor uti file in the game and change their upgrade number according to the info in this tutorial (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=144452) (near the bottom of the OP)

Judging from the tutorial, it means that in order to access all upgrades, the robe/armor should be set as Heavy Armor?

- Star Admiral
 RedHawke
10-31-2008, 2:14 AM
Judging from the tutorial, it means that in order to access all upgrades, the robe/armor should be set as Heavy Armor?
Yup...

Though I only do Robes as light armor myself... but I made a couple of 'custom' robe upgrades so the others are all moot for me. ;)
Page: 1 of 1