Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Obama Assassination Plot

Page: 1 of 1
 jrrtoken
10-27-2008, 5:31 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/10/27/obama.plot/index.html)
http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/10/27/government-foils-skinhead-plot-assassinate-obama/)

Federal prosecutors in Tennessee have charged two men with plotting a "killing spree" against African-Americans that would have been capped with an attempt to kill Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama.A source in the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives told FOX News that the two skinheads, who were picked up in Crockett County, Tenn., were plotting to shoot 88 black students and decapitate 14 others described as non-whites. The source said officials believe the suspects were planning to attempt an assassination against Obama.

At least the ATF is actually doing something. Although I doubt that two skinheads would have the intelligence to assassinate Obama, it's still a scary thought. Which brings us to a more broad topic: racist fanatics. Every nation has had their load of them, but we still have lots of the in the U.S.

EDIT: If you'd like to move this to the Political Discussion, be my guest.
 Web Rider
10-27-2008, 5:44 PM
*facepalm* ugh, I was really hoping that nothing like this would crop up, even without the Obama assassination attempt, that's just disgusting that people still think like that.

Now I await the overly lenient verdict and legal loopholeing to get them off with little punishment.
 Arcesious
10-27-2008, 5:48 PM
Wow... I can imagine the headlines if those guys hadn't been caught:

"Racists turned into swiss cheese by secret service"
 Astor
10-27-2008, 6:06 PM
I've just been watching it on Sky News... they didn't even expect to survive or succeed in their plan... so it makes you wonder what would possess them to do such a thing.

It's disgusting nonetheless.

Also, 88 is an interesting number - it's a code for Heil Hitler, which is why it's significant for Nazis today...
 Rev7
10-27-2008, 8:22 PM
Wow. That is really sad. Tolerance people, it isn't that hard. ;)
 Litofsky
10-27-2008, 8:48 PM
It is for some, which is very sad. It's a shame that race would even be a factor in the election. :(
 Burnseyy
10-27-2008, 9:14 PM
I don't know how someone can hate a group of people that much without even having met them before.
& Another thing I can't believe, is that people with those views teach their children to think the same way!
 Jae Onasi
10-27-2008, 11:19 PM
Sadly, I expect to see assassination attempts on any of the Presidents nowadays, regardless of color. However, I think there's a heightened concern (rightfully so, given what's been uncovered) because there are some who are after Obama purely because he happens to have a little more melanin in his skin. Sigh.

Believe it or not, we have come a long way. When I was little (like, "28" years ago), I heard a lot more openly racist comments from people of my parents' and grandparents' generation than I hear nowadays. It doesn't mean that those comments have gone away completely, but it's certainly not socially acceptable to make racists slurs as it was during my growing-up years.
 Achilles
10-28-2008, 2:03 AM
Unfortunately, I fear that this won't be the only one of these we hear about. I suspect that it will only get worse after he wins the election.
 Da_man
10-28-2008, 2:13 AM
Geez, why am I thinking this would happen. Either Obama gets assassinated by white-supremacists skinheads, or McCain dies of old age. Why can't we just get along?
 Achilles
10-28-2008, 2:43 AM
That's the reality we're up against. Makes that whole VP selection thing extra special this time around, no?
 GarfieldJL
10-28-2008, 9:51 AM
I'm personally glad the 2 lunatics were caught.
 Great Scott!
10-28-2008, 1:59 PM
I'm personally glad the 2 lunatics were caught.I'm sure any sane person would be.

Obama needs a pope mobile.
 Achilles
10-28-2008, 2:15 PM
Counting your chickens before they hatch?No, not really (http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/). You a betting man?
 Rev7
10-28-2008, 6:20 PM
I'm personally glad the 2 lunatics were caught.
Ya. I am too.
No, not really (http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/). You a betting man?
Hmmm. Intersting. I have no doubt that Obama will win the election. I still do not believe that he is the right thing for America. My opinion.
 Achilles
10-28-2008, 7:01 PM
Hmmm. Intersting. I have no doubt that Obama will win the election. I still do not believe that he is the right thing for America. My opinion.Perhaps not. However that doesn't mean that McCain is the "right thing" either and based on what he's given us to work with, we have no good reason to think that he would be.
 Rev7
10-28-2008, 7:03 PM
Perhaps not. However that doesn't mean that McCain is the "right thing" either and based on what he's given us to work with, we have no good reason to think that he would be.
I am not necessarily saying that McCain is would be the "right choice" for this nation either.

Obama's agenda doesn't quite fit what I would want it to be. Neither is McCain's...
 Litofsky
10-28-2008, 7:04 PM
I am not necessarily saying that McCain is would be the "right choice" for this nation either.

Obama has an agenda.

As does McCain. It's really a matter of which agenda fits your personal opinions better.

However, I assume from the top part of your post that you don't exactly like McCain?
 Det. Bart Lasiter
10-28-2008, 7:05 PM
Obama has an agenda.reminds me of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRqcfqiXCX0)

heh

e: rev i swear to god if you're that kid with the baby i will not rest until you are vanquished from the internet
 Rev7
10-28-2008, 7:17 PM
As does McCain. It's really a matter of which agenda fits your personal opinions better.

However, I assume from the top part of your post that you don't exactly like McCain?
I have to say that I am more supportive of McCain, which I have stated in other threads. I do like some of the things that Obama wants to do, but I am swaying towards McCain although I think that Obama will win this election. :/
reminds me of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRqcfqiXCX0)

heh

e: rev i swear to god if you're that kid with the baby i will not rest until you are vanquished from the internet
No Jaymac, I am not that guy. I tend to not post much about myself on the internet out of fear of being hunted down. :xp: I do believe what he said is true, BUT that is not my deciding factor.

I like how you used the word "vanquished" though. It really added that 'bang' to your statement.
 Achilles
10-28-2008, 9:10 PM
Obama has an agenda.This is like pointing out that he has a nose. Every politician has an agenda. They run on their agendas and promote their agenda as frequently as possible in the hopes of getting elected (or don't promote their agenda at all, preferring to spend their time and money trashing the other persons' agenda instead).

Unless you're insinuating that he has a hidden agenda, in which case I'd like for you to tell me what that is, how you know about it, and why I should take you at your word that this is really the case.

@topic: Link (http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=96227586)

A sign of things to come.
 Web Rider
10-28-2008, 9:47 PM
As usual, white supremacists delude themselves into thinking they speak for all of "whitedom". There will be no race war. Though I can't say I wouldn't be happy to see them all die in one.
 Achilles
10-28-2008, 9:50 PM
Great point, Web Rider. I hope that it goes without saying that bigots only speak for other bigots.
 Rev7
10-28-2008, 9:52 PM
Unless you're insinuating that he has a hidden agenda, in which case I'd like for you to tell me what that is, how you know about it, and why I should take you at your word that this is really the case.
No. I don't think that he has a hidden agenda. Each politiacion does have an agenda. I guess that I used the wrong word choice. :/
 Achilles
10-28-2008, 9:53 PM
Do you mind sharing what the correct word choice would have been then?
 Rev7
10-28-2008, 10:04 PM
Do you mind sharing what the correct word choice would have been then?
Edited my post. Good question though. Sorry for not being clear.

"Obama's agenda doesn't quite fit what I would want it to be. Neither is McCain's"
 Achilles
10-28-2008, 10:08 PM
Edited my post. Good question though. Sorry for not being clear.

"Obama's agenda doesn't quite fit what I would want it to be. Neither is McCain's"Fair enough. For what it's worth, it doesn't fit mine either, but we still have to make a choice based on who we think will do better.
 Rev7
10-28-2008, 10:28 PM
Fair enough. For what it's worth, it doesn't fit mine either, but we still have to make a choice based on who we think will do better.
Very true. I would be very surprised if McCain won this election. I don't think that America is going to vote in another Republican with what we have been through the last 8 years. I just don't see it happening.
 Achilles
10-28-2008, 10:33 PM
Very true. I would be very surprised if McCain won this election. I don't think that America is going to vote in another Republican with what we have been through the last 8 years. I just don't see it happening.With the stats hovering at about 3% and the RNC running out of money, I would tend to agree. A lot could happen in 7 days though.
 Rev7
10-28-2008, 10:35 PM
With the stats hovering at about 3% and the RNC running out of money, I would tend to agree. A lot could happen in 7 days though.
It is not over yet, but it isn't looking that great for McCain. It is going to be a pretty close race though.
 Achilles
10-28-2008, 10:54 PM
It is going to be a pretty close race though.I refer you back to post #15. If things maintain for the next week, "close" is the last thing it will be.
 Darth Avlectus
11-25-2008, 12:39 AM
I certainly hope not. I may not agree with him or have agreed with mccain, but I wouldn't like to see him killed.

As far as assasination (heavens forbid)...I'm afraid the assasin will fit some kind of stereotype (namely made to seem like a war veteran PTSD) serving to further drive a wedge between vets and the public at large. Also that it may further legitimize banning guns.

I can't decide if the one to orchestrate it would be Big-mouth Biden, or Hillary Clinton. Clinton has lied before, but then again politicians all do. Biden...he has a bit of a contradictory stance on guns.

What do you think? Who would most likely 'orchestrate' it? Don't say simply racist factions--that's who the most obvious suspects are and who it might be hung up on. There is more to it than that.
 mimartin
11-25-2008, 12:11 PM
I can't decide if the one to orchestrate it would be Big-mouth Biden, or Hillary Clinton. Clinton has lied before, but then again politicians all do. Biden...he has a bit of a contradictory stance on guns.
Wow, of all the people to choice in wondering who could orchestrate a possible assignation attempt you’ve picked Hilary Clinton and Joe Biden. Not Al-Qaeda or some white supremacist group, but the Vice President-Elect and a United States Senator. :rolleyes:
Page: 1 of 1