Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Suggestion Thread

Page: 1 of 1
 SpartanPride
10-26-2008, 1:09 AM
Alright - I was thinking we could have one, big thread where we could put our suggestions about what we want in the MMORPG.

I really don't want to retype all of my ramblings, so I will just quote them :)

The ships would be cool. They could have Guild Ships.

Actually, what if instead of guilds, they had crews?

The Crew Captain could find uses for his guild crew members, and assign them jobs, (I.E. Piloting, Turrets).

But the amount of members you could have in your crew would depend on how much room the ship had.

If your ship was full, you would have to upgrade or add a new room to your ship to add a new crew member.

It would add a whole new dimension to doing missions together.

Think about it, maybe the crew comes and drops off some shock troops, and then hovers over them while the turret operator covered the shock troops.

When somebody died, they could respawn in the med room on the ship. The time it took for them to respawn would depend on how good the ships medic was.

When the shock troops finished the mission, the pilot picks them up at an extraction point, and they fly off.

^

As cool as I think that would be, I'm just rambling, and it's highly unlikely anything like that would happen.

However, I think spaceships would offer a new fresh breath of air from housing or guild towns.

Oh, another thought that occurred to me: players could buy there own small ships, and harbor them in the Guild Ship.

That in itself would be a good reason to join a guild.

For example, let's compare a player advertisement to join a Guild in Guild Wars, A Guild in Warcraft, and a crew for the KOTOR MMO.

Guild Wars - "Join *Guild Name* today! We have full hall, 90+ active members, capes!

WoW - "Join *Guild Name* today! We have awesome tabard, guild bank, 100+ members. We run instances daily!

My Idea of a Ship Crew - Looking for a pilot to join the crew of the *ship name!* We have 9 active, fun, expert crew members! We have a large sized room and a spot in the hanger for your ship!

^However, in Star Wars, there are large ships. If a crew got prosperous enough, it could be possible to have 500 crew members in one ship - or more, or less. But you get the idea.

I personally, would like to be a smaller, tight-knit crew :P

^ And there I go again, rambling off, for something that probably won't happen XD

Second Rambling

I think I may have an idea as to how the unique character story lines work.

Anybody familiar with the 1996 game, the Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall? (Not Oblivion or Morrowind, Daggerfall :P )

Daggerfall's character creation was the best I've seen to date, you could create any character you could think of. I mean anything.

You could have a character who was extra bold against people, but had a phobia, and would fight worse against Spiders. Whatever you could possibly think of for your character, you could do.

Now, what was especially interesting about Daggerfall's character generation system was when they asked you twelve questions.

For example, one of the questions was, "Who was your best friend as a child?'

You could pick answers such as, "a monk," "a thief" or a ton more options.

Now, with twelve questions with about 8 possible answers for each question, the game was able to come up with a randomly generated character biography, meaning you could view your character's history. Another interesting thing to note is that you start with items from your history, so for example, maybe one of the questions ask "As a gift, the emperor gave you a..."

Depending on what you chose, you would start with that item at the beginning of the game.

The history's always made sense, and were very, very interesting. I would actually spend hours, just making characters to see there history. The history's were always completely different from each other.

Anyway, just one possible way these unique character story lines could work.

I wouldn't mind if they used the Daggerfall method, in fact, if they did, I might just have to spend a couple hours coming up with unique character histories as I could =)
 LordOfTheFish
10-26-2008, 9:15 PM
Lightsabers, Tonfa style.

50+ Classes.
 SpartanPride
10-26-2008, 10:40 PM
^ You know, they could do the same thing Guild Wars does.

In Guild Wars, There are 10 classes.

Warrior
Ranger
Monk
Elementalist
Mesmer
Necromancer
Assassin
Paragon
Ritualist
Dervish

However, you could combine these classes into hybrids. For example, you could be a Warrior/monk, or a Ranger/Monk

With that freedom, there were tons of hybrid classes you could be, not to mention the pures.

Or, they could do what Runescape does. There really are no classes, one person can pretty much do anything. (Melee/Range/Magic)
 adamqd
10-27-2008, 6:26 AM
^^^ You could do that, Just dont turn round and cut them down to a smaller, manageable, more Star Warsesque group of professions, people dont like that lol
 Pho3nix
10-27-2008, 6:30 AM
I just want it to be polished and not seem like It's in beta stage when It's eventually released.
 LordOfTheFish
10-27-2008, 3:08 PM
^ You know, they could do the same thing Guild Wars does.

In Guild Wars, There are 10 classes.

Warrior
Ranger
Monk
Elementalist
Mesmer
Necromancer
Assassin
Paragon
Ritualist
Dervish

However, you could combine these classes into hybrids. For example, you could be a Warrior/monk, or a Ranger/Monk

With that freedom, there were tons of hybrid classes you could be, not to mention the pures.

Or, they could do what Runescape does. There really are no classes, one person can pretty much do anything. (Melee/Range/Magic)

That's not, um, MMO'ish enough for me.
 SpartanPride
10-27-2008, 6:12 PM
^ Well that's great, I rather have it not feel like an MMO :D
 Zerimar Nyliram
10-27-2008, 7:06 PM
Completely scrap what you (I'm pretending I'm speaking to Bioware) have planned for the "true Sith" and have them turn out to be a space-faring division of Adas' posterity, who defeated the Rakata, adopted their technology as well as the dark side of the Force, and left for to conquer the Unknown Regions, leaving behind those Sith who could not adapt as weaklings, all circa 28,000 BBY. Have them be completely independent of the Dark Jedi who later subjugated the primitive, unadaptive, "weakling" Sith on Ziost, who became the Sith order as we know it. Have them be completely uninterested in either the Republic or the Jedi, but rather seek to destroy the Sith order -- the heirs of the "weaklings" they left behind millennia ago, who dare to call themselves Sith -- and if the Republic and the Jedi Order get in the way and be destroyed in the process, so be it.

You know, something new instead of the same-old-same-old.

Have it take place immediately following the events of Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords, and change it into a single-player RPG.

Those are my suggestions. Everything else is fine.
 LordOfTheFish
10-27-2008, 8:02 PM
I hope it comes with a "complain to Bioware and LucasArts" feature. That would be boss.
Page: 1 of 1