Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Guild Ships?

Page: 1 of 1
 Scars Unseen
10-25-2008, 6:11 PM
OK, so let's make an assumption, for the purpose of this dicussion, that there will be ships in game. Space combat or merely for travel. Doesn't really matter. Does anyone else think it would be a good idea to be able to have a guild owned ship that the entire guild could inhabit(and possibly fight in)?

Could be a warship, a pleasure yacht or whatever. Each member would have quarters within the ship, and there could be a hangar for the storage of individually owned ships, from freighters to snub fighters.
 John Galt
10-25-2008, 6:47 PM
That would be awesome, but it may be hard to implement. Again, it depends on how much they emphasize space combat.
 Iron Rose
10-26-2008, 2:52 PM
I'm not a fan of space combat, but I love the guild ship idea.
 Miltiades
10-26-2008, 4:01 PM
Again, it depends on how much they emphasize space combat. I don't think so. The Space Ship could be used only for housing. I don't think that whether space combat is implemented or not influences a Space Ship "Guild Hall".

I like the idea of having my own quarters in a ship owned by your guild.
 SpartanPride
10-26-2008, 5:49 PM
Hey - you stole my idea's :P
 Web Rider
10-26-2008, 6:02 PM
If we're doing space combat, they have to be careful it doesn't end up like Eve online with the big guilds decimating the smaller ones to keep their power.

I don't think guild ships are needed, "cities" would be fine IMO, and possibly "arena" ships for battling.
 Scars Unseen
10-27-2008, 5:03 AM
Actually, I don't like the idea of cities. I thought they cluttered up SWG's landscape. And I would say limit the larger ships to guilds, and even then only one per guild. Maybe give smaller guilds yachts or corvette class warships and larger guilds capital ships.
 knight 12167
11-08-2008, 4:44 PM
Good Idea
 Weiser_Cain
11-08-2008, 5:25 PM
Only if they're massive, I want my own ship.
 Rev7
11-09-2008, 12:43 PM
Doesn't sound like a bad idea
Page: 1 of 1