Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Your actions, and more.

Page: 1 of 1
 TriggerGod
10-21-2008, 8:00 PM
I wonder what we of LFNetwork would like to happen for actions. I personally would like a Fallout type of action system. Like if you do something bad, you get a short bonus, but, in the long run, harms you more. (Or, if your darkside, and you do that deed, it helps you, but harms you if you do an LS deed.)

Also...

4:54 Scooter: Someone asked if your character speaks.
4:54 Scooter: Number one on his "Don't Talk" list.

Could it mean that the Main Character isn't a mute like in the previous installments, horrible irony, or a hint of another mute PC?
 Da_Man_2423
10-21-2008, 8:15 PM
I don't know, but it sounds like the convo system won't be typical.
 Razgriz1928
10-21-2008, 8:19 PM
Star Wars Galaxies use to be the pretty much leading MMO, before NGE and WoW.

I think that Lucas Arts is trying to take that big step in technology and MMO gamestyle to regain they're title in the MMO world again.

So I wouldn't be suprised if your character talked. They said it wasn't going to be like the normal KOTOR/Bioware Dialouge actions.
 Darth_vilas
10-28-2008, 6:09 PM
Star Wars Galaxies use to be the pretty much leading MMO, before NGE and WoW.

I think that Lucas Arts is trying to take that big step in technology and MMO gamestyle to regain they're title in the MMO world again.

So I wouldn't be suprised if your character talked. They said it wasn't going to be like the normal KOTOR/Bioware Dialouge actions.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the Main in Mass Effect wasn't mute right?
 Miltiades
10-28-2008, 7:52 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but the Main in Mass Effect wasn't mute right? Indeed. But although it may seem obvious to assume they go the same way as Mass Effect, Dragon Age's PC doesn't speak.
 True_Avery
10-28-2008, 8:51 PM
Even with the EA/LA/Bio trio of money here, I just don't think it would be cost effective to do voices. For the main at least.

In concept it sounds simple: Hire a cast and have them talk. But when you are doing something like this, you are basically paying by the line. Put that into a world the size of WoW and you end up with one hell of a bill.

Not saying it wont happen, as GW and Conan have both used voices... but I just wouldn't get your hopes up for a full voice cast, especially from the Main considering all the choices and scenarios you will be given.
 Da_man
10-29-2008, 1:52 AM
Doing voices for all the possible PC choices would be one gigantic bill. Oblivion hired...some famous guy to do the Voice of Uriel Septim, then had 12-14 other people to do every other voice in the game. And the PC was still mute. The diologue didn't even have full sentences for most of the conversations, just topics. Even then, Bethesda got nailed with a hefty bill.
Page: 1 of 1