Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Two Lawsuits Over Obama's Birth Certificate

Page: 1 of 2
 Yar-El
10-19-2008, 8:05 PM
Article: Lawsuit over Obama's Birth Certificate (http://wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=76933)
Democrat suing his own party says it's 'like they're in cahoots'
Posted: October 04, 2008

The man suing Sen. Barack Obama and the Democratic National Committee for proof of Obama's American citizenship is outraged that his own party – rather than just providing the birth certificate he seeks – would step in to silence him by filing a motion to dismiss his lawsuit.

As WND reported, prominent Pennsylvania Democrat and attorney Philip J. Berg filed suit in U.S. District Court two months ago claiming Obama is not a natural-born U.S. citizen and therefore not eligible to be elected president. Berg has since challenged Obama publicly that if the candidate will simply produce authorized proof of citizenship, he'll drop the suit.

Berg told WND the longer the DNC tries to ignore his lawsuit or make it go away – instead of just providing the documents – the more convinced he is that his accusations are correct.

Despite assertions by the Washington Post, FactChecker.org and other organizations that Obama has produced a certified Hawaiian birth certificate, Berg told WND he remains "99.99 percent sure" that the certificate is a fake and he wants a court, not a website, to determine its validity.

Article 2: 2nd Lawsuit Challenges Obama's Citizenship (http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=78111)
Man demands state verify birth records or remove senator from ballots
Posted: October 16, 2008

Steven Marquis of Fall City, Wash., filed suit Oct. 9 in Washington State Superior Court, calling for Secretary of State Sam Reed to determine whether Obama is a citizen before Election Day. Marquis released a statement saying the state has the authority to "prevent the wholesale disenfranchisement of voters" who might have otherwise had the opportunity to choose a qualified candidate should records show Obama is not a natural-born U.S. citizen.
 Corinthian
10-19-2008, 8:15 PM
You know, if he turns out not to be a natural-born American citizen, I am going to split a gut laughing as victory is snatched quite literally out of the Democrat's jaws.
 Yar-El
10-19-2008, 8:17 PM
You know, if he turns out not to be a natural-born American citizen, I am going to split a gut laughing as victory is snatched quite literally out of the Democrat's jaws. Anyone running for president should have to prove citizenship. Its the Constitutional law.

People would be crying on the streets.
 Corinthian
10-19-2008, 8:18 PM
Exactly!

But I'll still be laughing.
 Inyri
10-19-2008, 8:18 PM
It's just the bigots out for one last hurrah. Nothing will come of it.

No folks, Obama's not an Arab.
 Corinthian
10-19-2008, 8:22 PM
The question is valid. If Obama was not born in the United States, he cannot be President.
 Inyri
10-19-2008, 8:23 PM
The question is valid, and the answer that he is a Hawaiian is also valid. :)
 Corinthian
10-19-2008, 8:23 PM
He's just asking for them to turn it over to a court for validation.
 Yar-El
10-19-2008, 8:24 PM
The question is valid, and the answer that he is a Hawaiian is also valid. :) He was born in Kenya. F.Y.i - Its a Democrat running the lawsuit against Obama.
 Inyri
10-19-2008, 8:25 PM
He was not born in Kenya. He was born in Honolulu. His father, Barack Obama Senior, was born in Kenya.
 Yar-El
10-19-2008, 8:26 PM
He was not born in Kenya. He was born in Honolulu. You didn't know? He was born in Kenya. Lol... He lived in Honolulu later in life; however, he spent the first several years of his life in Kenya. Born and raised.
 Litofsky
10-19-2008, 8:27 PM
You didn't know? He was born in Kenya. Lol... He lived in Honolulu; however, he spent the first several years of his life in Kenya. Born and raised.

If this statement is true, you wouldn't mind backing it up with facts?
 jrrtoken
10-19-2008, 8:29 PM
You didn't know? He was born in Kenya. Lol... He lived in Honolulu later in life; however, he spent the first several years of his life in Kenya. Born and raised.No, he was born in Honolulu. I quote from his U.S. Congress Biography:

OBAMA, Barack, a Senator from Illinois; born in Honolulu, Hawaii, August 4, 1961

There's your answer.

http://bioguide.congress.gov/scripts/biodisplay.pl?index=o000167)
 Inyri
10-19-2008, 8:30 PM
I think if this was a real point of contention and not a desperate grasping at straws the Republican party as a whole would've brought it up at his nomination, not this late in the race when it suddenly appears that Obama may clinch the election.
 Yar-El
10-19-2008, 8:31 PM
If this statement is true, you wouldn't mind backing it up with facts?

Born in the U.S.A.? (http://www.timesherald.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=20089295&BRD=1672&PAG=461&dept_id=33380&rfi=6)

PHILADELPHIA - A Lafayette Hill attorney filed a lawsuit in federal court Thursday challenging Sen. Barack Obama's claim to United States citizenship. The action seeks to remove the Democratic candidate from the November ballot.

To be eligible to serve as U.S. president, a person must be born in this country. According to Obama's birth certificate, which his campaign posted on its Internet site in June to quell rumors that he is foreign born, the Illinois senator was born in Hawaii on Aug. 6, 1961.

On Thursday, Philip Berg filed a temporary restraining order in federal court to bar Obama from running for president, claiming the Democratic candidate was actually born in Africa.

"We really don't believe he was born in Hawaii," Berg said. "We think he was born in Kenya." I need to find my other references. Give me a second. I remember reading it online in a more creditble location.
 Inyri
10-19-2008, 8:32 PM
So basically the birth certificate was provided, and some people are so desperate to see Barack Obama not become the next president that the accused him of lying on his birth certificate? That is hardly a source or a fact. It is a baseless smear.
 Yar-El
10-19-2008, 8:33 PM
So basically the birth certificate was provided, and some people are so desperate to see Barack Obama not become the next president that the accused him of lying on his birth certificate? That is hardly a source or a fact. It is a baseless smear. By a fellow Democrat? I don't think so.
 jrrtoken
10-19-2008, 8:34 PM
 mimartin
10-19-2008, 8:35 PM
By a fellow Democrat? I don't think so.

Democrats can't support McCain?
 Yar-El
It's a lie. Pure and simple. I wish it were that simple. We may have a Constitutional violation here.
 El Sitherino
I thought everyone knew he was born in Hawaii.

Like, way back when he went into the Senate.
 Inyri
10-19-2008, 8:36 PM
Democrats can't support McCain?Colin Powell endorsed Obama. There's no reason to think a Democrat might not be pro McCain.
 mimartin
10-19-2008, 8:37 PM
I thought everyone knew he was born in Hawaii.
They do, seems some just don't know Hawaii (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawaii)is) a state.
 jrrtoken
10-19-2008, 8:39 PM
I wish it were that simple. We may have a Constitutional violation here.No, I mean that the claim that Obama was born in Kenya is a lie. In that same article, FactCheck.org states that they "touched, examined and photographed" his original birth certificate, and determined that it was genuine. They conclude: "The evidence is clear: Barack Obama was born in the U.S.A.,". The evidence proves that the claim that Obama isn't an American citizen is a fallacy
 Rogue Nine
10-19-2008, 8:41 PM
I think we're all forgetting here that John McCain was born in Panama.
 Yar-El
10-19-2008, 8:42 PM
We are going to find out soon. Our election is just around the corner.
 Inyri
10-19-2008, 8:43 PM
As I mentioned earlier, desperately grabbing at straws. This is just one more roadblock that Obama probably doesn't even have to overcome based on racist ideas that just because his middle name is Hussein he must be an Arab terrorist. >.>
 El Sitherino
10-19-2008, 8:45 PM
I think we're all forgetting here that John McCain was born in Panama.

See I was hoping I wasn't the only one to remember that.
 Giant Graffiti
10-19-2008, 8:45 PM
Thought I'd post this video... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gA6_k3NtXZs)
 Yar-El
10-19-2008, 8:46 PM
All of his alias names and backgrounds are going to be examined; thus, they will be doing an extensive examination. Names utilized by Obama include: Barack Hussein Obama; Barry Soetoro; Barry Obama; Barack Dunham; and Barry Dunham.
 jrrtoken
10-19-2008, 8:47 PM
All of his alias names and backgrounds are going to be examined; thus, they will be doing an extensive examination. Names utilized by Obama that include: Barack Hussein Obama; Barry Soetoro; Barry Obama; Barack Dunham; and Barry Dunham....

I don't see your proof...
 Yar-El
10-19-2008, 8:53 PM
I don't see your proof...

I'm not going to hide the bias on this piece; however, I will use it as a reference source.
Article- Was Obama born in Kenya? (http://www.amnation.com/vfr/archives/011236.html)
It does not dismiss the lawsuit. Its does examine the claims more in depth. This may be a third lawsuit.
 Inyri
10-19-2008, 8:56 PM
Berg's suit is pointless. He admits that Obama did provide documents and he just didn't like them, then immediately turned around and said he refused to provide documents. I think those two things are mutually exclusive. Also his argument that Indonesia did not support dual citizenship has no impact on the policies of the United States. If you are born here you are a citizen, no questions asks, unless you renounce that citizenship. Since he was born in Honolulu, he is a citizen.

I also like the reference to Islam, which is irrelevant. Obviously he is a bigot.
 mimartin
10-19-2008, 8:57 PM
I think we're all forgetting here that John McCain was born in Panama.:snear: Don't let facts stand in the way of a good smear.

We are going to find out soon. Our election is just around the corner.We already know. You can see (http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/born_in_the_usa.html) for yourself. This was low when the Bush campaign did it to McCain and it is low today.

All of his alias names and backgrounds are going to be examined; thus, they will be doing an extensive examination. Names utilized by Obama include: Barack Hussein Obama; Barry Soetoro; Barry Obama; Barack Dunham; and Barry Dunham. Point? You do realize that you too have a alas Yar-El? Everyone on the forum does. I had to fill out information for a federal license and we came up with about 17 of them for me. Nicknames, different spellings, abbreviations and usernames all count.
 Yar-El
10-19-2008, 9:02 PM
Berg's suit is pointless. He admits that Obama did provide documents and he just didn't like them, then immediately turned around and said he refused to provide documents. I think those two things are mutually exclusive. Also his argument that Indonesia did not support dual citizenship has no impact on the policies of the United States. If you are born here you are a citizen, no questions asks, unless you renounce that citizenship. Since he was born in Honolulu, he is a citizen.

I also like the reference to Islam, which is irrelevant. Obviously he is a bigot. Because somone sees a fault in Obama it does not mean he or she is a bigot. I want to see the results of this myself; therefore, I will wait until evidence of either way is provided. Solid proof one way or the other. Digital papers can be doctored.
 Inyri
10-19-2008, 9:03 PM
So explain to me what Islam has to do with Obama's citizenship, then, and explain its relevance to the lawsuit.
 El Sitherino
10-19-2008, 9:03 PM
We must all be sure to remember that allegations and accusations are not proof, nor do they validate any stigma given to any person.

Everyone, especially a respected US Senator, deserves the right to be innocent until proven guilty. I believe John McCain spent five years in Vietnam hell to uphold that right.

Because somone sees a fault in Obama it does not mean he or she is a bigot.

No but their behavior does show one's true colors, and these accusations are based on bigoted notions. Simply because he is a Democrat does not suddenly add validity to his claim, it's simply convenient for the Replublicans to latch on to since they want to make everything a matter of Red Vs. Blue.
 Yar-El
10-19-2008, 9:06 PM
We must all be sure to remember that allegations and accusations are not proof, nor do they validate any stigma given to any person.

Everyone, especially a respected US Senator, deserves the right to be innocent until proven guilty. I believe John McCain spent five years in Vietnam hell to uphold that right. We will just have to wait and see if anything comes from the lawsuits.
 mimartin
10-19-2008, 9:11 PM
We must all be sure to remember that allegations and accusations are not proof, nor do they validate any stigma given to any person.[Written With Extreme Sarcasm] We also know there is no such thing as frivolous lawsuits. [/end Sarcasm]

You can sue anyone for anything. Examples (http://www.legalzoom.com/legal-articles/article11331.html)
 El Sitherino
10-19-2008, 9:12 PM
We will just have to wait and see if anything comes from the lawsuits.

But while we're at it we should check to make sure everyone is a citizen. Oh me oh my let's all file civil suits requesting birth certificate and documents.
 Inyri
10-19-2008, 9:13 PM
But I don't have a lawyer. Couldn't I just say I'm a natural born citizen, since I am and all evidence points to the fact that I am?

Oh wait, I must be lying.
 DarthAve
10-19-2008, 9:18 PM
I'm pretty sure that the big wigs in Washington have seen all his paperwork. If he wasn't born in the US, they wouldn't have let him get this far, and spent all this money for nothing. Unless the US government works like a prank show.
 jonathan7
Perhaps this is only me, but common sense would seem to dictate that if Obama had a skeleton like not qualifying to be president due to not being born in the US, he wouldn't of run for president figuring that he would be found out. I would also somewhat suspect that the democrat presidential running committee or whatever you guys stateside have, would of checked this little detail over before allowing Obama to run...
 Yar-El
Its one of the highest offices in the United States. Why not provide solid paper work to show as proof? Anyone who doesn't have anything to hide would do so, right?
 Inyri
10-19-2008, 9:19 PM
How do you know he didn't already do that?
 Yar-El
10-19-2008, 9:20 PM
How do we know if he did? We don't. This is a good time as any.
 Inyri
10-19-2008, 9:22 PM
It's a far more logical assumption that he did. Read this for an interesting and applicable philosophy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ockham_razor).
 True_Avery
Perhaps this is only me, but common sense would seem to dictate that if Obama had a skeleton like not qualifying to be president due to not being born in the US, he wouldn't of run for president figuring that he would be found out. I would also somewhat suspect that the democrat presidential running committee or whatever you guys stateside have, would of checked this little detail over before allowing Obama to run...
Thread over.

Now, onto a new topic that actually has the possibility to be discussed:

Why do we care what country our president's mom pushed him out in? Its always seemed like entirely unneeded nationalism. My dad was born in France, but then was moved here a month later and lived the rest of his life in the United States, yet I doubt he'd be allowed to run.
 Yar-El
What are people afraid of?
 El Sitherino
He couldn't be the nominee of the Democratic party if he's not a national. As well, his birth certificate has been verified, him not showing it to some jackass in a court doesn't indicate any guilt.
Page: 1 of 2