Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Burnseyy's Poetry

Page: 2 of 2
 The_Catto
11-02-2008, 7:33 PM
Insomnia is a pain.
Too many nights having lain awake not being able to sleep. Annoying!

Described the effects and symptoms of being an Insomniac pretty much perfectly in my opinion.

What made you write about the dream like state, if you don't mind me asking?
 Darth_Yuthura
11-02-2008, 7:41 PM
I can relate to both. I have issues with living in a fantasy that becomes my actual life when I leave that life hollow to everything of meaning. I'm sure that this is not what you meant by what you wrote, but that's what came to my mind as I read the words.

Your insomnia poem had an odd quality to it... I could have written something on par with it, but would essentially mimic your work. This is impressive for an original work about a very broad subject. I especially liked 'of knowing life is living too fast.'
 Burnseyy
11-03-2008, 2:34 PM
@BFA: The dream like state is pretty self explanitory lol it's about sometimes not knowing the difference between dreams and reality. Getting mixed up with what's happened, what's not and wanting things that aren't real to be real. And things that are real not to be. :]

@DY: It's a broad subject, but it's from my perspective... so it's not so broad in that respect :xp:

Thank you!
 Darth_Yuthura
11-03-2008, 2:49 PM
@BFA: The dream like state is pretty self explanitory lol it's about sometimes not knowing the difference between dreams and reality. Getting mixed up with what's happened, what's not and wanting things that aren't real to be real. And things that are real not to be. :]

I don't know if this is what you were trying to express, but I think this is little more than obsession. I know what is real and what isn't, but that doesn't mean I even believe myself to be what I imagine or dream about. The idea of believing the dream is real involves taking real stimuli from reality and interpreting it differently than you normally would. This poem is more like letting a fantasy life become more important than the real life.

Getting things mixed up would require extreme measures, otherwise, it's just obsession or delusion. I could be wrong though.
 CommanderQ
11-03-2008, 4:07 PM
The Dream Sequence was excellent, you really conveyed that aspect in my opinion, keep posting!
 Burnseyy
11-03-2008, 5:33 PM
I don't know if this is what you were trying to express, but I think this is little more than obsession. I know what is real and what isn't, but that doesn't mean I even believe myself to be what I imagine or dream about. The idea of believing the dream is real involves taking real stimuli from reality and interpreting it differently than you normally would. This poem is more like letting a fantasy life become more important than the real life.

Getting things mixed up would require extreme measures, otherwise, it's just obsession or delusion. I could be wrong though.

It's like... frequent deja vu. I guess. It's not saying 'yeah I want dreams to be reality' it's not being able to help it.
Dream like state.
 The_Catto
11-04-2008, 9:40 PM
If my dreams were a reality.
It would be pretty cool. And yet, horribly disturbing at the same time.
I'm fine with reality though. Experiences, as it is said, define who we are - be they good or bad.

I get what you mean now. I was a little confused before, but I had just woken up and not had my Red Bull yet :xp:
 HIGH ON PIE 14
11-05-2008, 9:40 PM
Very nice poetry Burnseyy!

I think studying psychology has had a good impact on your poems. I am rather a fan of the whole dream melding with reality theme. :D

Euphoric Dreams said ALOT for being so short.

You get a dancing elephant :elephant: and a gift :gift: (Totally random, I know. :xp:)

@BFA: Red Bull, where would we be without it? :D

~HOP
 Burnseyy
11-06-2008, 2:18 PM
If I had to choose what my heaven would be made out of, it would be Red Bull. :) no doubt about it!
It's weird how knowing small things help poetry along the way, even if they have no relevence to poetry.... in reference to what ya' said HOP.
ps. I appreciate the elephant & the gift :D

Only one this time:

Silk

Silk dances
In graceful waves,
Rippling, glistening
Through the night's haze.
A warmth that the cold brings;
A smile that misery employs.
And the delicately overwhelming elation
Destroys nostaligas regression.

fin

This is about a dream I had, and a sensation that's difficult to explain.

:]
 LordOfTheFish
11-06-2008, 2:37 PM
Catchy.

Must have been quite a dream :P
 CommanderQ
11-06-2008, 3:44 PM
Amazing work, Burnseyy, I think I might know how that dream might've felt.:)
 Burnseyy
08-13-2009, 3:49 PM
A/N: oh yeah, my poetry's back too ;)

____

Give

Give me false hope,
Give me a flutter of the stomach,
Give me jealousy, hatred,
Give me a smile, a laugh, a giggle,
Give me a wink,
Give me a thing to remember you by,
Give me your history, your emotions, your problems, a reason to be insecure, a reason to cry yourself to sleep on the floor,
Give me a hand shake, a high five, a stroke of the hand,
Give me three words I want to hear, then three words I can't stand,
Give me poor health and delusions,
Give me nerves,
Give me a reason to breach my comfort zone,
Give me secrets that hit close to home,
Give me love, attraction, friendship, faith,
Give me hate, fear, confusion, make me feel unsafe,
Give me a reason to write a poem,
Give me a reason to cry,
Give me a reason to lose my head,

When you've been this mislead
You know it was right.

fin
 The_Catto
08-14-2009, 4:41 AM
I likes :)
The repeated use of the words 'give me' didn't bore and annoy me as I read it and I ALWAYS take that as a good sign :P

And in saying that, a response to everything you just said in that poem: Give me more poems!!!!!! Arr har har!!! :D
 Burnseyy
08-15-2009, 11:18 AM
Thanks for the feedback :)

These Eyes

These eyes are heavy,
Wry of "love" and "life".
They are hopeless, vacant,
Their search for peace
Has slowed, stopped, abrupt--
They saw everything move
So very fast,
They sung with hope