Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Eeeeps! Compiling help. >_<

Page: 1 of 1
 Revan_Pwn_Malak
10-09-2008, 2:46 PM
So I'm trying to compile just a simple spawn creature script and for some reason it's not compiling. I'm using the "Star Wars: KotOR - Script Compiler" since that's the one I found. When I click the _CompileAll.bat, the command prompt opens up but instantly runs hundreds of errors and then says

Compilation aborted with errors
Compiling: Spawn Dark Jedi.nss
File is an include file, ignored

The contents of my override include the nwscript.nss and the file I'm trying to compile, Spawn Dark Jedi.nss.
I made sure that I installed everything properly (even uninstalled and reinstalled a fresh copy just to make sure). Then I thought maybe my script wasn't right, so I used a few tutorials and even the KotOR script generator in hopes that it would help, but I still get the same outcome. The strange thing is that I was able to compile fine before I formatted my harddrive. Could it be Vista screwing up?

I honestly have no idea what's wrong. >_< So I'd appreciate any help I can get. Thanks in advance!
 DarthParametric
10-09-2008, 3:00 PM
Tried compiling via KOTOR Tool? The external compiler was integrated in a later version. I know when I've played with it that it tends to be a bit screwy.
 stoffe
10-09-2008, 3:13 PM
and then says

Compilation aborted with errors
Compiling: Spawn Dark Jedi.nss
File is an include file, ignored

If I remember correctly KOTOR won't handle filenames containing spaces properly, so you should either remove them or replace them with underscores.

As for the message, the compiler will say "File is an include file" if the file you are trying to compile with it does not contain any start function where script execution begins. Those have to be named either main() in normal script or StartingConditional() in dialog condition scripts.

Include files are files that contain neither of those functions and thus will do nothing on their own. Instead they act as libraries of custom functions, constants and global variables that other real scripts (which have a main() or StartingConditional() function) can make use of via the #include directive.
 Revan_Pwn_Malak
10-09-2008, 5:05 PM
Thanks Stoffe, I'll try taking out the spaces. ANd I do have a starting function, void main () as shown in the tutorials and script generator. ANd I'll try the KOTOR tool next.
Page: 1 of 1