Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Bastilla: Like her or hate her

Page: 3 of 3
 Ibelin
03-14-2009, 11:52 PM
I know there must be a thread like this one but i think a new poll is good enough.
 Admiral_Thrawn
03-15-2009, 5:06 AM
Please cut the biased thread making. Yes, there is a poll already like this. No, we don't appreciate your needless posting.

Instead of flaming, just report the post and let the moderators do their work. --Jae
 Ibelin
03-15-2009, 6:08 AM
No, we don't appreciate your needless posting.

What do you mean?
Can I edit the poll?

"Do you like Bastila" thread merged with "Bastila: Like her or hate her"

And welcome to the forums too, Ibelin. :) --Jae
 ShinDangaioh
04-03-2009, 8:13 AM
Meh. She's all right. She has too much faith in the Jedi Council and has no belief in her own strength.

The Jedi Council are the holders of all that is wise and good and the only hope to stand against the Dark Side blah blah blah. That constant extolling on the virtues of the Jedi Council was annoying.

Bastilia didn't have her own mind.
 JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan
04-04-2009, 3:19 AM
Bastilia didn't have her own mind.
...and yet she questioned her beliefs, which malak amplified to turn her to the dark side. she also chose to stuff the code and love revan at the end.
 Parmenides
09-17-2009, 1:09 PM
Bastilia was excellent. There were a few things I didn't like too much. But overall superb character at the right place and right time. The arrogance (and trying to contol it) coupled with the teasing (how she lost her saber in Taris and got captured) makes for some great fun. She has lots of spirit, yet you can poke holes and fluster her (especially while flirting). What's not to like? She's your little firecracker.

Maybe not one of the best personalities ever in the history of gaming, but one of the most capturing IMHO. There was much more going on than personality expression. Hard to explain.

BTW, why couldn't she escape her cage until after the swoop race? Was the Revan force bond the key to help her focus on pushing through?
 darthnihl
10-25-2009, 4:07 PM
She is kinda hot.
 Te Darasuum Mandalor
12-08-2009, 10:08 AM
She was kind of annoying at first. But for a video game character she is actually kinda hot.
 Mandalore The Shadow
12-14-2009, 6:24 PM
Bastila + Dark Side = Win

EDIT: I am also in agreement with the previous 2 posts
 Lord Foley
02-20-2010, 1:14 PM
E'erbody loves some Bastila! :D
 Blix
02-21-2010, 8:12 PM
I liked her, though I didn't much care for her "holier than thou" attitude especially when she (to nobody's surprise) succumbs to the Sith. I found her preachiness less annoying and contradictory than Kreia's (even though I greatly like Kreai too :)), because at least with Bastila she is somewhat "nice" about telling you off and even gives you a kiss with Kreia on the other hand you're damned if you do and damned if you don't.
 Gurges-Ahter
02-21-2010, 10:29 PM
She can have my digital babies.
 Darth Smaug
02-22-2010, 9:24 AM
I like her solely for her looks and her accent is what I voted.

I really like Bastila because of her accent and hotness, I couldn't care less about the dialogues :)
 Prime
02-22-2010, 10:46 AM
Regards the hotter thing - Visas has no eyes.Smokin' body though...
 Te Darasuum Mandalor
02-22-2010, 11:22 AM
Revan and Bastila make a cute pair, just like Exile and Atton.

who here thinks she had kids with Revan?
 Darth Smaug
02-22-2010, 11:41 AM
Revan and Bastila make a cute pair, just like Exile and Atton.

who here thinks she had kids with Revan?

I believe she did actually, look it up on wookieepedia
 Te Darasuum Mandalor
02-22-2010, 12:12 PM
What is his/her name?
 Gurges-Ahter
02-22-2010, 3:55 PM
What is his/her name?

Not sure on kid's names, but TOR hints that Satele Shan is a direct descendant of Revan in the latest Threat of Peace issue (#26 I think). Given that, plus her last name, it's safe to assume that Revan and Bastila did have at least one child.

Smokin' body though...

And the voice too...
 Darth Smaug
02-23-2010, 3:56 AM
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Satele_Shan)

If we see this, it's safe to say Revan and Bastila indeed had a child
 Te Darasuum Mandalor
02-24-2010, 12:25 PM
Then I wonder what became of Basty and Rev after he returned from the outer regions! Were they reunited? Have any theories?
 Gurges-Ahter
02-24-2010, 1:52 PM
Then I wonder what became of Basty and Rev after he returned from the outer regions! Were they reunited? Have any theories?

We don't really know enough at this point about that. How much time did Revan spend with Bastila before leaving the known galaxy? He might have knocked her up and left without knowing she was preggo.

We also don't know if he did return from the unknown regions. He might have died out there without ever coming back.

I think that there's a good chance that some of this story will be resolved in TOR either through Threat of Peace webcomics or as part of the actual story in-game.
 Nick Vader
02-26-2010, 12:35 PM
I vote... YODAAAAA!!! 4ever.

OK. Bastila is a really develloped in depth character, whom I can't decide wether I like her or not... It's complicated!!!:D
 Te Darasuum Mandalor
02-26-2010, 3:56 PM
She is hotter when she is on the darkside, but she is still hot normally, for a video game character at least.
 Gurges-Ahter
02-26-2010, 4:22 PM
She is pregnant with my digital baby.
 Nick Vader
02-27-2010, 5:35 AM
She is pregnant with my digital baby.

hehe! XD
 Te Darasuum Mandalor
02-28-2010, 7:09 PM
do you think Revan ever came back from the outer regions and was reunited with her? He could have descreatly came back.
 Gurges-Ahter
02-28-2010, 7:49 PM
do you think Revan ever came back from the outer regions and was reunited with her? He could have descreatly came back.

No idea. He could've discreetly come back, or she could have gone after him. Or maybe they never met up again. I think the latest Threat of Peace webcomic hints that we will learn through the story of the game though.
 Te Darasuum Mandalor
03-02-2010, 12:35 PM
unless if Bastila had a brother who was also force sensitive. Because wouldn't Bastila have taken Revan's surname if they did potentialy marry? Lets say Revan's last name was Ablis, her name would then be Bastila Ablis. If Bastila's supposed brother had offspring, they would go by his last name. I don't doubt that Revan had offspring, but I don't think they would go by the name of "Shan." That is just my theory. And what if time is different in the outer regions and Revan came back for his friends and took them there after his return (post TSL). They could have very well lived for a long time or even been imortal (there I said it). Revan is just one of those characters that no one would like to see killed off if you know what I mean. Thats why I believe he came back.
 Hallucination
03-02-2010, 12:41 PM
Or Bastila (or her mom) could have been pregnant when he left for the Unknown Regions.
 Te Darasuum Mandalor
03-02-2010, 12:45 PM
Your right, what if Bastila's mom remarried to someone who took care of her in her final years (because of Bastila's urging) so she wouldn't have to always be their for her mother because she was still a jedi.
 Raven 16
04-06-2010, 4:01 PM
I though she was kinda anoying in the game... she was always trying to boss you around and warn you about the dark side when she even has much more too learn. I think she was kinda a suck up to the jedi, so i think when they refused to promote her fast enough she was a little bitter. "They wanted me to follow their code, bow and call them master!" Ya i think she sucked up a little.... She is attractive in the game though but not the most by far in the game..... I think mara or viasas is better.... they complain less and are less stuck up....
 iJackr
04-09-2010, 9:35 AM
She has some pretty good quotes.
 Darth Avlectus
04-14-2010, 12:21 AM
No idea. He could've discreetly come back, or she could have gone after him. Or maybe they never met up again. I think the latest Threat of Peace webcomic hints that we will learn through the story of the game though.

You filthy rotten bastard! How could you have left to go keep the galaxy safe from a secret looming threat when you have a baby on the way?! How could you?! :(
 Smashbro1000
07-04-2012, 1:55 PM
I like Bastila's character. A lot of people find her annoying, but I really don't - then again, I'm one of those people who rarely gets annoyed. Whether you're playing for romance or not, you can find out many things about her backstory and experiences if you converse with her enough. She is one of the most important characters in the plot, having the strongest connection to your main character, and, because of this, your choices will effect her ultimate fate - I like video game characters whose destiny's are uncertain. Finally, Jennifer Hale did a great voice-acting job as Bastila - I give her props for a job well-done.
 DeathScepter
09-14-2012, 12:35 AM
yoda, i voted for my favorite jedi master. and a krogan.
 Shem
09-14-2012, 2:34 AM
This is an old poll. It's one I also voted on back when it was created. I actually went to vote and it listed me as already had voted and I was going to pick the same option. It's funny how my opinion of Bastila hadn't changed.

Oh, and in case you were wondering, I went with "Meh, she's okay". ;)

The only reason for the most part why anybody would like her, especially if you're a guy is because you think she's hot. Trust me, a hot girl only goes so far when it comes to a relationship and if that is the reason why, you'll regret it later. Take it from someone who is speaking from experience.
Page: 3 of 3