Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

File Formats? (Other than anything using GFF of course)

Page: 1 of 1
 GodBeastX
10-08-2008, 12:40 PM
Pretty much looking to get info on file formats, specifically models. I know that the author of MDLOps posted what he knew about the binary model formats. Is this up to date? I've made tools for NWN but I'm pretty much sick of modding the fantasy themed games now (Can only take so much knights/Dragons).

I'll probably be looking at doing a whole plathora of tools for this game, maybe even a map editor system. However, this would need map formats and such as well. Any links or info people can contribute is more than appreciated.
 Inyri
10-08-2008, 4:28 PM
Well I don't know how you'd go about making a bonafide map editor, since all the maps are 3d meshes, but if you can do it more power to you. :)

I am sure all the information available is accurate, it just may not be the full picture because, as you said, the authors of those tools have stopped working on them. You may want to try to talk to magnusll (http://www.lucasforums.com/member.php?u=150984). Usually I'm averse to name-dropping, but magnusll has recently been working on some similar tools and as such I can't think of anyone else who might have the kind of insights you're looking for.
Page: 1 of 1