Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

PS2: need help, stuck on something probably stupid easy

Page: 1 of 1
 exchase
09-30-2008, 1:31 AM
but I can't figure out how to destroy the two tractor beam power generators in the Death Star across the gap the TIE fighters fly through. I've tried saber throw, force lightening, force grip-n-throw of everything in the room (including TIEs), force push, but they seem too far away...TIA
 Xbx_Inthusiast
09-30-2008, 4:27 PM
Okay, this got me as well.

I took the little computers next to me and made sure I was to the point on the edge where if I took one step that I would fall off.

I force-gripped a computer and moved it (not throwing it) as far towards the generator as possible. When it couldn't move anymore, I threw it at the generator. It may take two or three tries, but it works- trust me.

The game probably suggests throwing a TIE Fighter- rubbish. You can grip one, but by the time you move it into position, it might break apart or get smashed to pieces- plus, it's too large to throw accurately.
 exchase
09-30-2008, 5:26 PM
a million thank yous!
 PoiuyWired
09-30-2008, 8:45 PM
Actually, you don't throw a tie, you throw PARTS OF A TIE.

Grab or cut one of those darn things apart, get a piece of the wing, or better yet the eye, and launch it.

You might have to do the "release and grab again" for a better angle.
 LordOfTheFish
09-30-2008, 9:32 PM
Your welcome, exchase. It kinda tripped me up too...
 Xbx_Inthusiast
09-30-2008, 10:28 PM
I don't know who he was thanking, I'm guessing me since I was the first to post, but I don't really know.

But uh, you can totally pick up a TIE Fighter and launch it at the thing- it just takes timing and a bit luck. Though, the chance of getting it to the other side is slim.
Page: 1 of 1