Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Help with changing default clothes. [TSL]

Page: 1 of 1
 TrayusCore
09-27-2008, 9:48 AM
I think this is the right section to post this, if not feel free to move it mods.

Anyway, I tried doing this originally last year and I just reinstalled TSL and decided to try it again. Basically, the models and textures 'N_JediMemF' and 'N_JediMemM' look pretty similar to Bastila's robes and the 'N_JediMemF' was featured on an NPC in the celebration movie/cutscene at the end of KOTOR. I looked and the textures and models are in TSL but whenever I try changing the default clothing to them nothing works. I've got them working on KOTOR but not TSL. Here's a screenshot of my appearance.2da incase I'm not doing this right.
This is from rows 124 to 166 btw, just to give you the general idea of how I've done the whole of rows 91 to 120.
http://img255.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kotor2dams7.jpg)

Then I realised maybe those lines weren't the heads (?) but I couldn't then find the correct place to add them. Does anyone know where I'm going wrong? Thanks in advance for any help.
 Dragoon ZER0
09-27-2008, 2:27 PM
It won't even change the models? Or are the models showing up as pure white (no texture)?

If it's the former, TSL isn't using your appearance.2da. Is it in the root of your override folder and not in a subfolder?

If it's the latter, try changing your entries in the texb column to just the base texture names without the numbers (N_JediMemM & N_JediMemF).
 TrayusCore
09-27-2008, 2:29 PM
It won't even change the models? Or are the models showing up as pure white (no texture)?

If it's the former, TSL isn't using your appearance.2da. Is it in the root of your override folder and not in a subfolder?

If it's the latter, try changing your entries in the texb column to just the base texture names without the numbers (N_JediMemM & N_JediMemF).

There's just no change at all, and it's in the base of the override. I'll try taking out the numbers now.

EDIT: I just tried changing both male and female underwear to test if it just wasn't reading the 2da and that didn't work either.
 Eefluxx
09-27-2008, 4:25 PM
In the texb try just using **** instead of actually putting in the texture name, if it works it may just use the default color instead of the 3 available but its a start

Eefluxx
 TrayusCore
09-27-2008, 7:46 PM
In the texb try just using **** instead of actually putting in the texture name, if it works it may just use the default color instead of the 3 available but its a start

Eefluxx

Nope, it didn't work. :[

Could the 2da editor I'm using affect it? I'm using KOTOR Tool, but I might try seeing if the 2da editor in the Neverwinter Nights 2 toolset works any better. I think it must be the file itself rather then the changes I'm making cause nothing else is changing. :/
 Eefluxx
09-27-2008, 8:09 PM
No the 2da editor in Kotor tool works just fine, I just checked my barris mod and I had used N_DarkJmidF as her default clothes and in the texb section I had **** and it worked fine.

I am going to look a little further

Eefluxx

Edit: Just out of curiosity did you include the mdl's and mdx's with the texture in the override? Don't know if it will help but it might :)
 TrayusCore
09-27-2008, 9:32 PM
No the 2da editor in Kotor tool works just fine, I just checked my barris mod and I had used N_DarkJmidF as her default clothes and in the texb section I had **** and it worked fine.

I am going to look a little further

Eefluxx

Edit: Just out of curiosity did you include the mdl's and mdx's with the texture in the override? Don't know if it will help but it might :)

Yup, I have the .mdl, .mdx and the 3 textures with the appearance.2da in the override and still nothing happens (it still shows the usual clothes variants).

Can someone else try the N_JediMemF/N_JediMemM models and textures and see if it's just them not working? Just wondering if maybe its the textures/models which are faulty.
 Eefluxx
09-27-2008, 10:33 PM
Okay I just tried it out on the Asian females as a test, in modelb I put N_JediMemF and in texb I put N_JediMemF, I started the game and gave her some clothes with the KSE and she had the clothes you wanted :)

Did you click on a different line that you hadn't altered in appearance2da before you saved? Because if you didn't then the changes won't take effect.

Eefluxx

Edit: I also added the mdl and mdx and tga's to the override
 TrayusCore
09-27-2008, 10:43 PM
Okay I just tried it out on the Asian females as a test, in modelb I put N_JediMemF and in texb I put N_JediMemF, I started the game and gave her some clothes with the KSE and she had the clothes you wanted :)

Did you click on a different line that you hadn't altered in appearance2da before you saved? Because if you didn't then the changes won't take effect.

Eefluxx

Edit: I also added the mdl and mdx and tga's to the override

Its all there still since I saved and reloaded. I'll try deleting my appearance.2da in my override and start again.
 Eefluxx
09-27-2008, 10:46 PM
Just remember in the texb slot don't put the numbers at the end :)

And try it on just a couple of them at first instead of all of them, when you find it works then add the rest of them

Eefluxx
 TrayusCore
09-27-2008, 11:08 PM
It's weird, I deleted my original 2DA, downloaded a headmod which had a appearance.2da and edited that instead and still nothing happened when I did it on that. So it seems it picks up the appearance.2da but nothing I'm altering myself is working.
 Eefluxx
09-27-2008, 11:21 PM
If you want I can make the 2da changes for you and send you the appearance2da file

Eefluxx
 TrayusCore
09-27-2008, 11:24 PM
If you want I can make the 2da changes for you and send you the appearance2da file

Eefluxx

If you have time, sure. Thanks for all the help btw. xD
 Eefluxx
09-27-2008, 11:51 PM
I tested it out and just put the appearance2da in my override, didn't add the mdl's,mdx's or tga's. Since all of those are already in game anyways it will read. So if you just put the appearance2da in your override it will work. The bastila type jedi clothes will show in the different colors on the selection screen but I think it will just be the brown version when you get your clothes. Another modder could probably tell you how to get the color you want as I haven't figured it out yet.

If you send me a PM with your email I can send this to you so you can try it out. I changed all the males and females selectable PC's

Eefluxx
Page: 1 of 1