Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Holster Weapons Mod

Page: 1 of 1
 Xiskio
09-26-2008, 11:35 AM
Holster Party Weapons Mod v1.1
for Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic I (English language version only)

New in this Version (1.1 from 09/27/08)
If the party gets attacked or any hostile people/creatures are in sight, weapons will be automatically reequipped.

Description
This mod provides an Armband that when used will unequip the parties weapons on first use and reequip them on the next use. If the party gets attacked or any hostile people/creatures are in sight, weapons will be automatically reequip.
To get the armband talk to Carth and ask him if he has any items you could use. To use it, the armband has to be equipped and after that you must activate it via the action menu.

Future
Next thing will be to implement functionality to automatically reequip weapons on being attacked. - DONE
After that I want to look into the possibilities to make Sith troops react on the player running around with weapons drawn.
And when that is done, I would like to make it possible to see holstered weapons on the party characters.

Installation
Extract the downloaded file, start the install exe and follow the instructions.
The installer is made with TSLPatcher.

Compatibility
This mod is compatible to most other mods except those who changed Carth's dialogues (File: k_hcar_dialog.dlg) or the AI Master script (File: k_ai_master.nss/ncs).

Acknowledgements
LucasForum (http://lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=321) - a great resource of information about modding KoTOR and a bunch of helpful people.
Stoffe (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=149285) - for his TSLPatcher.
Fred Tetra (http://kotortool.starwarsknights.com/) - for his very helpful KoTOR-Tool.
And to all the other people I haven't mentioned, that support the KoTOR community with their ideas, experience, or tools.

Thank you!

History
v1.1 - Added functionality to automatically reequip weapons on being attacked or when hostile people/creatures are in sight
v1.0 – Initial Release

Links
WIP Thread @ LucasForum (http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=192439)

DOWNLOAD
Download from my Homepage (http://clubs.4gamers.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=200&p=374#p374)
 Arбtoeldar
09-26-2008, 4:59 PM
Thank you for this mod. I have always disliked the fact that you cannot "holster" your weapons when not fighting.
 Qui-Gon Glenn
09-26-2008, 5:52 PM
Thank you for this mod. I have always disliked the fact that you cannot "holster" your weapons when not fighting.

I agree... very cool mod idea. I will be very interested in your future projects... especially Sith reactions to civilians running with scissors!
 The Betrayer
09-26-2008, 6:14 PM
Thanks for this mod!
 Chevron 7 locke
09-26-2008, 8:59 PM
are you gonna do a TSL version?
 Allronix
09-26-2008, 9:31 PM
Well, this will make that Mandalorian quest in the Shadowlands a bit less cumbersome.
 Xiskio
09-27-2008, 6:11 AM
Thank you all for your nice words! :)

are you gonna do a TSL version?

Yes, definitely.
 The Betrayer
09-27-2008, 7:38 AM
I have a problem. Mod installs fine, but nothing happens when I use the armband.
 Miltiades
09-27-2008, 2:47 PM
I'll definitely try this one out. It's such a small thing, but it improves the experience. Very good! ;)
 SW01
09-27-2008, 3:21 PM
Very nice idea - well done!

The other proposed updates sond interesting - good luck!
 DarthHK
09-27-2008, 9:06 PM
I have a problem. Mod installs fine, but nothing happens when I use the armband.

I'm having the same problem. So... should I just install it again?

*EDIT*

Tried it again, nothing changed. T_T
 Xiskio
09-28-2008, 6:31 AM
I'm having the same problem. So... should I just install it again?

*EDIT*

Tried it again, nothing changed. T_T

You have KoTOR patched up to version 1.03?
The install protocol was clean after the installation?

Post your install log and I will have a look at it. You'll find it in the folder from where you installed the mod. The filename is "installlog.rtf".

Holster Party Weapons Mod v1.1 released
for Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic I (English language version only)

New in this Version
If the party gets attacked or any hostile people/creatures are in sight, weapons will be automatically reequipped.

Have Fun
Xiskio

DOWNLOAD
Download from my Homepage (http://clubs.4gamers.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=200&p=374#p374)
 The Betrayer
09-28-2008, 7:13 AM
My install log:

• Installation started 9/27/2008 9:16:23 AM...
• Installing unmodified files...
• Replacing file xi_unequip_weap.ncs in the Override folder...
• Replacing file xi_unequip_give.ncs in the Override folder...
• Replacing file xi_unequip_weap.uti in the Override folder...
• Warning: A file named k_hcar_dialog.dlg already exists in the Override folder. Skipping file...
• Modifying file "spells.2da" found in Override folder...
• Updated 2DA file D:\Games\LucasArts\SWKotOR\override\spells.2da.
• Modifying file "globalcat.2da" found in Override folder...
• Updated 2DA file D:\Games\LucasArts\SWKotOR\override\globalcat.2da.
• Done. Changes have been applied, but 1 warnings were encountered.

The only reason why there was a Carth dialog because I installed the mod 2 times accidentally. The mod worked on neither the first nor the second installation. Using the armband does nothing.
 Robespierre
09-28-2008, 7:49 AM
I like this mod; I always got annoyed when you and your party members carried around their weapons all the time. However, I do have one suggestion: Would it be possible to set the unequip on a time-delay after the last enemy was in sight? I could just see it getting annoying to constantly un-equip weapons after each fight.
 LordOfHunger
09-28-2008, 8:01 AM
when i activate the armband it spawns creatures.
 DarthHK
09-28-2008, 8:05 AM
You have KoTOR patched up to version 1.03?
The install protocol was clean after the installation?

Post your install log and I will have a look at it. You'll find it in the folder from where you installed the mod. The filename is "installlog.rtf".

• Installation started 9/27/2008 9:06:52 PM...
• Installing unmodified files...
• Replacing file xi_unequip_weap.ncs in the Override folder...
• Replacing file xi_unequip_give.ncs in the Override folder...
• Replacing file xi_unequip_weap.uti in the Override folder...
• Replacing file k_hcar_dialog.dlg in the Override folder...
• Replacing file k_ai_master.ncs in the Override folder...
• Modifying file "spells.2da" found in Override folder...
• Saving unaltered backup copy of spells.2da in C:\Users\Philip\Desktop\Stuff\K1+TSL mods\K1\Done\Xiskio's Holster Weapons Mod v1.1\backup\spells.2da
• Updated 2DA file C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic\override\spells.2da.
• Modifying file "globalcat.2da" found in Override folder...
• Saving unaltered backup copy of globalcat.2da in C:\Users\Philip\Desktop\Stuff\K1+TSL mods\K1\Done\Xiskio's Holster Weapons Mod v1.1\backup\globalcat.2da
• Updated 2DA file C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic\override\globalcat.2da.
• Done. All changes have been applied.

I'm using the Best of PC version which is really just 1.3 on a DVD. Don't say it won't work on Best of PC because I've been modding it for as long as I've had it. :xp:
 Xiskio
09-28-2008, 4:54 PM
@Darth Betrayal & DarthHK & LordOfHunger

I can't see why it should not work for you.

Just to make sure you use it the right way, you have to equip it and after that activate it via the action menu. That is what you do, right?

Maybe some other mod you have installed interferes with my mod?
You can test it by uninstalling any mods installed and deleting anything you have in the override folder (make a backup before doing so) and install just my mod. I am sure it will work.

So long
Xiskio
 Xiskio
09-29-2008, 6:35 AM
I like this mod; I always got annoyed when you and your party members carried around their weapons all the time. However, I do have one suggestion: Would it be possible to set the unequip on a time-delay after the last enemy was in sight? I could just see it getting annoying to constantly un-equip weapons after each fight.

I tried that at first when I started the mod, but I couldn't get it working right. It bears too much issues. For example, if you wanted to change the parties weapon setup you needed some way to tell the function, to automatically unequip weapons, to make a break and accept your new setup. But this was just one issue that arise.
But beside that, I am quite happy how the armband is working right now and to be honest I do not see the necessity anymore to have a function to automatically unequip weapons.

What would be great however, would be a way to implement a new GUI button so that it wouldn't be necessary anymore to use up a equipment slot.

Have Fun
Xiskio
 The Betrayer
09-29-2008, 8:11 AM
Oh, I forgot to mention, the armband never appears in the action menu. Spells.2da problems perhaps?
 Xiskio
10-01-2008, 5:09 AM
Oh, I forgot to mention, the armband never appears in the action menu. Spells.2da problems perhaps?

You have to equip the item to make it appear in the action menu.
If you did so and it does not appear, I am pretty sure that there is an incompatibility with another mod.
 Divadnessej
12-07-2008, 2:50 PM
im having a problem.
every time i use the armband, it just works like the amulet of fiends and calls in a monster, any advice?
 Gargoyle King
12-08-2008, 6:40 AM
Handy mod, really adds to the realism IMO.
 Darth_Yuthura
12-09-2008, 7:07 PM
Nice mod. Glad I'm not always carrying those guns and sabers everywhere.
 Sato Hawkspar
12-11-2008, 10:20 PM
Great idea :)

I always thought just running around with swords drawn looked a little off.

I’m downloading it now.
 GeorgNihilus
12-12-2008, 4:16 PM
im having a problem.
every time i use the armband, it just works like the amulet of fiends and calls in a monster, any advice?

hmm... check the number of your SubtypeID column (properties tab) of your xi_unequip_weap.uti file in your Override, it must be the same as the row label number of the spells.2da file in same folder. I had a similar problem, hope it helps :)

Great idea Xiskio and excellent mod :thmbup1: works perfect for me. Very useful for Taris and Manaan among other places. The only issue I found is that, if you have both hands equipped with the same weapon when you holster; later when you reequip them only one of them is actually equipped ... it happens both with the default game weapons as well as the new (modded) added weapons. It's a minor annoyance of course.
I haven't already tested it when foes are in sight ...
Any chances to adapt this for TSL?? would be awesome there too ;)

ZimmMaster
12-20-2008, 3:50 PM
I just downloaded it. Great mod by the looks of it.
 GeorgNihilus
10-28-2009, 9:59 PM
Now this is odd :raise: ... I'm unable to equip the armband in the action menu, the armband now does not show in the action menu, although IT IS at inventory ...

It was working fine and suddenly this issue. I didn't install anything affecting spells.2da or globalcat.2da, and I didn't touch the scripts.

any ideas?? :(
Page: 1 of 1