Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Script question

Page: 1 of 1
 Ferc Kast
09-18-2008, 4:35 PM
Imagine I wanted the PC in K1 to have his arms folded. (I.E. the way Malak has his arms crossed on the Star Forge.)

Is there a way to script the PC to do that? Sorry if this has been asked before.
 Inyri
09-18-2008, 4:38 PM
I don't know that the default player models have any arm-crossing animations. If they don't have the animations, no amount of tricksy scripting will help.
 Ferc Kast
09-18-2008, 4:42 PM
I don't know that the default player models have any arm-crossing animations. If they don't have the animations, no amount of tricksy scripting will help.

Umm... The PC in KotOR I does have arm-crossing animations; His/her arms are crossed on the balcony in the Darkside Ending. So, I know it's possible; I just need to know how to script it.
 Gavroche
09-18-2008, 4:55 PM
I'm not sure it's a script, looks like a dialogue animation to me. Dialogue files for the cutscene between Dark Side Bastila and Dodonna, and the Dark Side Ending, feature a "???_1200 [PLAYER]" animation (in the "Current Animation" box when editing with DLGEditor).
Though that could be something totally different. And though my theory can't explain how Malak's already standing with his arms crossed before the dialogue starts. :/
 stoffe
09-18-2008, 5:18 PM
Umm... The PC in KotOR I does have arm-crossing animations; His/her arms are crossed on the balcony in the Darkside Ending. So, I know it's possible; I just need to know how to script it.

That's done via dialog animations, so it's not possible to script.

Dialog files can override the animation supermodel of participants in that dialog/cutscene with another supermodel, thus replacing their set of available animations for that particular scene. The name of the MDL files with the new animations is set on the dialog root node in the DLG Editor.
 Ferc Kast
09-18-2008, 5:47 PM
I decided to get the screenshot I wanted with that animation the easy way instead. (By warping to the DS Ending module.) :^: So, thanks for the information.
Page: 1 of 1