Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

got a question about making a custom npc recruitable

Page: 1 of 1
 Revnant
09-17-2008, 3:06 AM
I tried following the tuts but they are kinda confusing a little bit. Now do I need to have the utc of the party member he is suppose to replace unaltered and then an altered utc? Or do I just need the altered utc? For the onenter spawn scripts I only see enter so is that what it is? Basicly I want the appearance of one of the selectable heads.
 Princess Artemis
09-23-2008, 2:12 AM
You just need an altered .utc, not the original--don't chance the tag for the original character, but change the rest to what you need. You'll likely need to make a set of entries in appearance, portrait, and heads.2da to make a unique instance of the selectable appearance you want to use. The on enter scripts are often called ###area_enter.
 Revnant
09-23-2008, 2:22 AM
Thanks man so just make the altered and leave the tag alone right? Where would I go about finding a tutorial for making the entry things? Do I basicly make a new line and copy and paste for stuff? Or do I change the entry for the character he is suppose to replace?
 Princess Artemis
09-26-2008, 7:33 PM
Yeah, the tag will let the new .utc 'pretend' to be the character you're replacing.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=149992) will show you how to do what you need to do to create a new appearance (the tutorial is for making a new PC, but it will show you the steps you need to make any new, complete, appearance). Learning how to use TSLPatcher to alter the .utc file so that it will be compatible with the widest variety of players is good, too.

Don't alter the line for the original character unless you really want to and it's for your own game...most people like to be able to uninstall a mod, and altering the replaced character's line makes that very difficult to do.
Page: 1 of 1